May Event Favorites

beboped

Rogue
Marshal
So much good roleplay all around, all of the PCs, NPCs, and plot really committed to their roles and delivered on some great scenes.

-Everything around Vishkin's death. If you think not laughing is hard as a Stone Elf, try sitting in a room filled with crying, screaming, drunk Gypsies mourning one of their own and doing nothing.

-Prashka & Ashok. Mad props as always to Barb for some of the best RP I have every game.

-Starting to repair interpersonal relationships, Zeth & Alcandar extending olive branches.

-Alcandar's mind, both of the scenes in there.

-The walk through the woods and final fight with Tiberius.

-Watching Maximilian, the game warden played by Joe, over the course of the weekend. That character was incredibly consistent and well RPed. By Sat night, I knew exactly what he was trying to do in the negotiations and why. It's awesome to see such a well realized one-game NPC who isn't just one-dimensional.

-Learning about the 4 nations, sussing out their different structures and philosophies.

-The ice elemental fight was lots of fun, and the whole Key plot was great.

- Roleplaying, especially with Luke, Orin, and Zeth as Commander Zaka. Thanks for the milkshake bro ;-)

- Fist-fulls of mana.

- Virid being the only one to question the idea of "protecting something" by "spreading out as far as possible" in a life, albeit silently.

- The goblin surrender and exploitation with Amory, Zeth, and Vishkin. Farther established, Amory is the nice one.

- Friday night's goblin excursion with Denise & Kevin through the super-dark rooty trail in the dark. What, what?

- Eric's hunter rescue mission. Pretty friendly character through all of the super-scary looking armor.

- Hearing Prashka scream in the middle of Saturday night from all the way back in Monster Camp (still loud).

- Ashok's arena battle was pretty awesome.

- Ifthikaar and Roan being the two to first ask about a nation of celestialists. Lookin' all biata-y and barbarian-y.

- Getting to talk to some of y'all that I haven't seen or gotten to talk with in awhile!

Thanks for a fun weekend!
~Emily

Oh man.

1) Training Amory.

2) Adventure: If It's A Goblin, Is It Evil To Do This?

3) Eric talking to Zeth about observations. This led to some soul-searching later which will have lasting impacts.

4) Zeth's sketch from Jilly. That just became a permanent momento.

5) Watching Ifthikaar go -off- on the master huntsman.

6) The RP surrounding the death of a friend. Holy hell the tears. I didn't even think I could cry that much.

7) Ragecandar: The Real Thing.

I think this is officially my favourite event ever. I have never felt so much intense emotion for so long before. It was amazing. Some of the highlights:

-Apologizing to the Family Friday night and then making them come up with a suitable punishment for me. Playing the "too honest" card so that they REALLY had to punish me, since the first one wouldn't have meant crap.

-The punishment. Oh man, that will have some consequences.... ;D

-Another trip through the Earth Circle! And Alcandar was just not playing fair, I tell you.

-Super intense RP with Ashok. It never fails to be interesting, and part of the highlights of my game.

-Breaking down into little tiny pieces on Friday night with Alcandar. I haven't had a chance to have such intense RP with Alcandar in a while, and man, did he see me at my second-lowest point ever (followed the next night by the absolute lowest ever...yay!)

-Fishkin, Washok and Bosshka in the tavern on Saturday afternoon. ;D So much silly.

-Spending some time getting to know Demona over the insane males in our lives. The drama and stress was so much nicer when shared.

-Chilling with folk on Saturday afternoon. I can't think of a better way to spend a hot lazy Saturday. :)

-The Tiberius fight. That was pretty epic. Losing it like hell when Prashka found out that Vishkin had taken an Oblit, and having Ian grab me and hold me back from just charging Tiberius. So much intensity. When it was then followed by slowly breaking all of Tiberius' bones, and then Vishkin's resurrection...oh man. Just oh man.

-Saturday night memorial of Vishkin, sharing stories and the like. Oh the sad reminiscing.

Overall, it was an incredible event! Big special thanks to Daniel and Christine who helped so much on Saturday! You guys were awesome! :)

Can't wait until October!

Most of my favorites are role playing related, and while Orin didn't have a great time, I sure did:

1. Speaking with Kiah during the Tiberius fight, and her and Little making Orin seem like a zealot.
2. Watching Adam as Tiberius, especially while dealing with being cursed.
3. Being in the circle as Vishkin faded away, worth the 2.2 g
4. Speaking with Sharon's arena mistress about Orin's feelings about a hunting preserve.
5. A full conversation with Virid while sober.
6. The wake for Vishkin.
7. The fight with the animals and goblins, negotiations and taunting, and my epic hit on Gavin's wolf.
8. The conversations with Jilly.
9. Deciding at the last minute to go to Max's dual on Sunday and using my necklace.
10. The interesting friendship of Orin and Niabi

I loved this game. I had some nice character development.

-Trashing my cabin to help keep me in character
-Taking my anger out on raccoon's in the arena because my close coon friends weren't around.
-Talking with commander Zaka, learning about this awesome place called Velenzia, hearing about their caste system and their society.
-Milkshake politics

-new nations! Learning some about each one.. racially divided caste system, eh?
-Amanda and Adam's nice Knights! They seem super legit and nice! Probably not lying about their information! Hooray!
-Peer and Landon's arena duel
-Ice Elemental or Goblin/beast fight. Cool division of NPC and PC forces!
-The "scholar beatdown" that occurred during the elemental fight- it was like the scholars had had enough and basically decided to beat an elemental to death slowly with their "2 normal" : )
-Kaila solo chasing and killing a goblin. She was so darn excited.
-the return of Mr. Iftikhaar!
-relaxing in the sun talking to other PCs on Saturday
-Vishkin.. oh Vishkin.. haven't cried that hard in a while..
-Hatred for Tiberious intensified... so much

~Carmen

-Hearing the cheers while players were interacting with the arena. :D

-The Elemental fight was pretty fun, mega tiring in the heat.

-Running through the woods along a candle-lit path.

-The fight on the beach.

-Those gypsy curses! Pretty good stuff, especially Vishkin's -- well-though, Vishkin. Well-thought! (R.I.P.)

-Even though my NPC caused it, being able to see/hear/experience on some level the PC's reaction to a loss of a friend. Queenie, Barb, and Carmen especially...RageCander...so many emotions. Except Ashok (props to Brian J. for that; I almost teared up at one point...and then I remembered I was supposed to be evil!... >_>)

-Nearly two hours of being unconscious

-Iftikaar's visit. It was cool to see him back.

-Speaking of: Iftikaar getting in Tiberius' face was awesome! Well-played, Matt.

-Dealing with those curses as Tiberius. Quite the inner-rage fest!

-Kidnapping Kiarra! Big thank-you to Leigh-Ann for rolling with that.

-Beating up Luke.... >.> <.<

-All of the hard work by the NPC's and staff. =)

Really solid event.
*Vishkin's death really made for some epic RP. Thanks to Seth for being such an amazing sport about the whole thing. That human hating gypsy will be missed.
*The RP with Barb/Prashka was by far some of the most emotionally touching and heart wrenching scenes I have ever participated. I really missed RPing with Prashka, glad I got the chance.
*I want to applaud all the newer PCs and NPCs. Getting to meet you all and your characters was a real kick. The new PCs' commitment to character and costuming is really refreshing. Seeing the NW LARP scene grow like this is epic!
*It always makes me laugh that a player I like so much can make me hate his character with a burning passion. Adam, you are a champion. Tiberius, my words for you won't pass the forum's language filter... ;)
*Jilly's little breakdown in the tavern was a surprising and emotional bit of RP, well done.
*Plotting for the earth guild.
*GOING ON A LAIR CARD, HOLY CRAP! I don't get to do that much. Thanks to the new school highbie party for the adventures. Tantarus and Roan's relationship is always hilarious. RPing with Kala more was really fun. Ifthikaar, #ballsisnotapurchasablemerit. Virid the highbie. Daylynn, Kiarra, and the ultimate adorable Sarr, who really wants to be a gypsy.
*Lazy times in the hot Saturday sun was a refreshing change of pace. Actually having fun without murder was nice.
*All the mind games with Kiah, Ifthikaar, and Ashok.
*The crazy burning door. Ashok knows what I mean. Yeah an olive branch.
*Others I missed, sorry I am still a little fried.

It has been a rough couple games for Amory, but this one really brought a lot of realities home for her. I walked in to this game seriously debating retiring Amory very early and going a different direction, I left the game with direction and purpose for her and that felt really good. I have had some of the best RP I have ever had from this game, which seems to be a running theme because this game was freaking awesome, and I had the hardest time after getting back out of character. Thank you to everyone – PCs and NPCs alike for making this so awesome.

Highlights:
Best Gypsy Curse Ever: Tiberius “I command you to serve me to the best of your abilities! Kill me! ... Damn it!”

Negotiating with Goblins to stand down, getting their treasure in return. (Though Vishkin and Zeth sorta extorted it out of the first ones >.>) Teaching the Goblins to fish instead of eating adventurers, told them to ask their prey if they could eat them. If they said “No” then it was probably best to go find a rabbit or deer. Finding out that the first treasure was basically blood money ^.^

After traveling/talking with Zeth – finding my stride as archer/support and seeing that work come to fruition in the Ice Elemental fight. Amory didn’t belong there (-at all-) but she not only didn’t fall, but she was pretty useful at distracting and getting fighters back up and going which felt really good.

Lazy Saturday afternoon in the shade. There was a moment of “Wait… if I were Plot and my players were unarmored… would I? Eh… worth it.” Feeling ancy and getting fighting advice from Ashok and Daylynn.

The Arena battles – those were brilliant, funny, and profitable. :D

Vishkin’s death… oh Vishkin…. That hit so much harder than I thought it would. All of the stories, the crying, and the heart ache… I’m going to miss him so much.

Can't wait for October or the next game day to play with you all again!

Sita said:
After traveling/talking with Zeth – finding my stride as archer/support and seeing that work come to fruition in the Ice Elemental fight. Amory didn’t belong there (-at all-) but she not only didn’t fall, but she was pretty useful at distracting and getting fighters back up and going which felt really good.

This makes me ridiculously pleased as a player. I enjoyed helping you, and I appreciated the opportunity to practice teaching, as I personally want to become better at training. I'm glad you found success through your effort, regardless of how much I impacted it. :)

• "Why I do what I do" with Orin.
  • "Why we do what we do" with Iftikhaar.
  • Mourn-bonding with Alcandar.
  • Late night talk with Kiah, and getting to have that connection validated before shuffletimes made it not that relevant. -_-;;
  • Leading the party through a candlelit path.
  • Key-related betrayal. I still wonder what would've happened if I had shot first and asked questions later. Too much to process about what was going on. Plus! It seems Virid's learned by now not to just jump into portals chasing people.

elliotbay said:
  • Key-related betrayal. I still wonder what would've happened if I had shot first and asked questions later. Too much to process about what was going on. Plus! It seems Virid's learned by now not to just jump into portals chasing people.

oh thank goodness..

Back