May Event Favorites

I enjoyed every minute of the event, minus the soakings, of course.

Some favorites include:
-Bursting into town to find the Empire there, and getting to use Disrupt Magic :D
-Using a Rebirth, although in hindsight it was at the expense of Gabriel. (Whoops!)
-Resurrecting under the canopy instead of the Earth Circle, due to the rain, and apparently being as see-through as a spirit, according to Kit
-Getting to meet Adrian, the Temporal Master. (Time magic, obviously the coolest magic ever!)
-Almost forgetting people in the Earth Circle
-Actually forgetting people in the Earth Circle
-Telling a Resurrection Story, turning to someone who was also performing a resurrection who had just quoted a line from my story, and going, "Really!?" I think it was Asher
-Asher vs. Dure'Dhel, battle of the Resurrections
-Asher, turning to me in the Earth Circle, "You know, I feel dejected. We only gained one and a half miles of territory from the corrupt." "...what? Really?" "Yeah, it's a huge let down." "Oh wow... it really is..."
-The circle first being down, and I'm trying to get someone to hold my bag so I can rush in and try and break the node, and the discussion I was having w/ Asura about it
-The Dagger of Navir
-Foss showing his generous side, once again! Such a nice guy, throwing in some gold along w/ the coppers that were in the box to help rebuild the farmers' homes.
-Resurrecting the first person in the Earth Circle, taking him into the tavern, and on the way finding out it was our not-so-friendly neighborhood dragon who had done it
-Resurrecting the second person, it's a Dark Elf, and then Dure'Dhel comes into the circle (suddenly, nervousness sets in!)
-Seeing Izz'Rak again!
-4 Dark Elves and a Human are in the Celestial Circle, what could possibly go wrong? :D
-Trying to stand up for Cho Ko Nu during his trial, failing to find a way to get Asher and Thorgrim out of their situation (came up with a solution, but it would've been rather ridiculing and embarrassing for Asher, so I didn't say anything)

And those were the main moments that stuck out in my mind. There were plenty of other fun and awesome things that happened!

Icey said:
I
-Asher, turning to me in the Earth Circle, "You know, I feel dejected. We only gained one and a half miles of territory from the corrupt." "...what? Really?" "Yeah, it's a huge let down." "Oh wow... it really is..."

Yeah, learning that ShadeMarch Keep is a 20 minute walk from Hope's Reach means about 1.5 mile difference if that. Granted this realization was at 3am in the morning. Why the heck was I Disjuncting to Hope's reach when I could have ran, arg!

Darkcrescent said:
Icey said:
I

Yeah, learning that ShadeMarch Keep is a 20 minute walk from Hope's Reach means about 1.5 mile difference if that. Granted this realization was at 3am in the morning. Why the heck was I Disjuncting to Hope's reach when I could have ran, arg!

This was a bit of a misnomer due to the fact that this happened at 3 am, and the region known as 'hopes reach' varies based on who you talk to (as evidenced by the fact that there are areas large enough to house the adventures in 3 different areas of 'hopes reach' Which means that commonly people will refer to anything not directly in Shademarch as 'Hopes Reach' even though the actual town is quite a bit smaller.

So where does shademarche's line and hope reach begin? Like where are we on the map?

gaden.jpg

This is an old map, but if you see the area in the Valley of Solace where the road splits to Kalmoke's Anvil... it is right at that split, along the river... which means it is about 50 miles from town center to town center.

(For those that don't know, Idden's Barony now makes up one half of Shademarch Barony and the Valley of Solace makes up the other half. Idden is now a Duke.)

Back