May Event Favorites

hbirdgirl

Starting it off with mine :)

1. Cael's spirit farewell with his parents was beautiful and sad.
2. Max's spirit farewell was bittersweet and lovely.
3. The Chaos elementals wanting the boat was just too funny.
4. Totally forgetting about Evil Luke and thinking it was Zaka.
5. Everything about Elan's story including the reveal of his true nature.
6. The choice about killing Tiberius, and finally ending that jerk.
7. Nicknaming Zaka: Key Bitch
8. Seeing Willow, and talking about Virid.
9. Pushing Evil Luke and Luke together :p
10. Coming up with titles for Sedovia
11. Sunday morning picnic with Ants! (and Gyr joining us briefly)

Gonna have to take a chunk out here and discuss my spirit farewell since it was, by far, the most moving RP I have ever done.

It had pyrotechnics, chanting, blood magic, singing, many, many tears, beer, heavy threats, haunting oaths, deep expressions of love, Cael's dead parents appearing out of nowhere and, to top it all off, when Cael's spirit left the circle the clouds parted and a shooting star went by. It was single-handedly the most intense ritual experience I have ever had. When it was over I was so overwhelmed that I walked to the edge of the woods, sat down and started dry heaving because of all of the feels. It is obvious that Cael will be sorely missed. It was the fastest hour of my life. A heartfelt thank you to everyone who was involved and especially to Lizzy, Ron and Amy for making it unbelievably memorable.

I'll catch you all in due time in the Winterless Vale...

Getting to do all the RP... Ben's TERRIFYING Dark Elf (Pasca nearly wet her pants during that conversation)... Talia Sleeping me so I could take a nap in the tavern and dream-skype with Polare... the boat-seeking Chaos dudes... the ant picnic...
Least favorite: Missing Cael's farewell :(

just... wow... still recovering, and still a lot to hash over... and so, so many favorites.

*Zeth and Ulric telling Amory that she's sorta a terrible person
*Both Cael and Maxvell's spirit farewells. Both were very different for very different characters, and both were beautiful.
*The little chaos elementals searching for their boat! So cute!
*On that note, all the NPC characters. I had so much fun interacting with Greg the Lizard, the lost Fire Elemental, the confused Chaos Elementals, the constructs of our fallen friends, the picnicking Ants, Tiberius himself...
*Tiberius' "Killing blow one, killing blow two.... Just kidding!!" I don't think I actually managed to keep a straight face. Then giving her back >.<
*The Dark Elf wedding, watching the ceremony, talking with the Dark Elves more about their customs, and getting to hear about the kidnapping to prove the grooms worth.
*The Elemental fight Saturday night. One of the few times Amory has been solidly useful in a group fight aside from healing. Having a bunch of binding spells handy really helped out!
*Planting the trees and setting the plaques for Cael and Maxvell Sunday morning with Orin... we didn't discuss the particulars of that ritual, but it went off exactly as I imagined it to... and I was glad that those who could were able to witness it.

Thank you to everyone for another fantastic game! Can not wait until September!!!

-Coming into game with the idea that I'd RP extreme nausea from issues with the Mist keeping Z from the Golden Horn. And immediately getting chased by fire elementals.
-Being at zero body, and people with Healing Arts literally freaking out around me because they thought I was waylaid, but somehow not taking unconscious and omgiszethdeadandomgishedyingwtf!
-Oh Taliya. I've missed you so much.
-Oh Amory. I've missed you so much.
-Sunday, walking towards the rite for Cael and Max, and Shelk and Amory are side by side in front of him, with just that perfect amount of sunlight streaming over them. And Zeth suddenly was overcome by that whole fatherly affection/pride for both of them, who have come so far in their own, very different ways. Then saying how proud he is of both of them, and Shelk's immediate, cocky response in tandem with Amory's sweeter, more humble one. It was my favorite moment in the entire game, and possibly in a long time.
-All of Zeth's conversations with Arannin. And a "lesson" he won't soon forget.
-Summoning Bandits By Voice Saturday night. Seriously, it's a thing. Summoning Tantarus by Voice, however, apparently isn't.

Last edited:
What a great event overall, it's still all sinking in for me, and I wasn't even directly involved in the most emotional stuff!

In no particular order:
-Wrapping up the Caroline & Jasper storyline, Ashok having to correct mistakes that he made as a less experienced adventurer. Ashok has learned a lot about moderation and the side effects of mental powers from Caroline.
-The RP with Alcandar, Shelk, and Roan, individually and together, was lots of fun and looks to be even more fun going forward.
-The ever evolving Prashok, always a highlight of my games.
-Early morning lair cards with Tantarus and Aronin(sp?), ants and traps.
-The two big fights were lots of fun. Well scaled, well paced, good variety of challenge.
-Giving beans to the Dark Elves for the wedding.
-Telling everyone they should come to Sedovia with me because "Watching the total collapse of a society will be interesting. Oh, and I guess we could do something to help as well."

-big, Saturday-day fight with all manner of horrible things in the field all at once. I was hit harder with "Evil Vishkin" than I thought I would be.. both emotionally and that he beat the crap out of me.. also, yay Enslavement! OOG I love getting enslaved.. always fun
-Good old fashioned low-stakes Friday night combat, nice way to get into game again!
-"story time" with Tantarus and Arannin. And King Gyr. Arannin is always incredibly hilarious.
-getting to say goodbye to some NPCs, special thanks to Adam in this regard
-getting to say goodbye to Cael..
-Obliterating Tiberious. Now that's a power I could get used to!
-new cabin-mates- Melvin, Shin, and Kjeld- you all are awesome!
-Kaila! Best helper ever

- Hanging with Roan, Kaila, Arannin and the rest! Great fun and great shenanigans had by all.
- Late late Nights with Roan. Was great to hang with you!
- Joe as Natha, great RP boss. Very very excellent scene.
- Gyr. All the Gyr. Every Gyr. Especially the one who almost ressed me while we were fooling around with magic in the Tavern. ;P
- Morally questionable actions. Zeth you rocked that.
- Tantarus story time.
- Feeding Arannin meat. No matter who it is, it's always an adventure.
- Fighting the Dracolich, AGAIN. Wow. Such sad feels. So epic. Much Fight.
- That whole Tiberious fight in General was perfect
- Ninja'ing through the woods with a pretty legit kill team. Only to get juiced out in the woods by 3-4 Elementals who were done with our ****. Well played.
- The Messengers Return
- Saying goodbye to Gyr.

All in all, great game guys! Thanks again for the epic Epilogue!

Late replies are still good. This one moment from the event still sticks in my head. T'was good.
- Ninja'ing through the woods with a pretty legit kill team. Only to watch them get juiced out in the woods by 3-4 Elementals who were done with their crap while I
r2ujp0M.gif

Back