may event favorites

Aggravain

Squire
Owner
NEPA Staff
Thank you all so much for attending our May HQ event. We would love to hear what you enjoyed and by all means give shout outs to other players! Please give us your favorites

Sorry we bailed. But Chris lost his contacts during the big wave battle Friday night, and we both felt like crap.

So I don't have many cause of our short stay.

Bad mouthing Grim within ear shot of his friends. I Donni how many people heard that but it was still fun.

Yelling at Michelle's poor Ducal soldier. Don't ever call my home a hole!

Telling Grim that people are complaining about being in Stone hallow and telling him that if they want to leave I would walk them out myself.

Quallin's reaction. Henry thank you for that. It was really nice.

Chewing out Grim. Kyle you were a great sport with that. Part of me felt bad for making Grim feel bad. But it was still interesting to hear what you had to say. Not to mention Amy's face when she walked over in the middle of it.

Putting my dislike for Grim aside during the wave battle. Even though she didn't like him

I did have a good time Friday night. Sorry we couldn't stay.

Favorites as requested

Lizard lancers and the Nemesis wipeout.

Bread crumbs with bodies

Most common teaching request of the court mage? Eviscerate and Riposte.

Fighting Shield and Beer.

Music time...twice.

Hanging with the Breakfast crew Sat. Pre Breakfast chat Sunday. It is good to get up early to make the coffee.

Trying to hold and edge of a line and noting there was an archer with me, noting she was highly accurate and mauling the crap of the undead, then realizing it was our newest team member, well done Jacqueline.

Going over the new soldiers manual with Khorwyn. Kind of an awkward conversation, but fun nonetheless.

Late night cave mod. It was a wonderful fight, even surviving Tracy's need to poke me and Drew's foot fetish.

Final wave battle, beating the monsters to the bridge, and then realzing the lines formed with me behind them. Glad I did not get swamped.

Fun times. see you in a month...from the darkside.

Joe S.

The incredible improv role play with Flint on the eco-system of Stonehollow including pebble brush which makes a stanky relish, and trigger flickers the bulbus butted, orange glowing, frog like creatures that Tinder learned all his dance moves from, are they extinct or are they huge? Thank you everyone!!!!

Ugh so much feels. Ferra had a really rough time this weekend, dealing with finding Flint all messed up, then finding Obadiah even worse off, then the actual end of the event... GAH! Anyway.

I had a sh**y week out of game as some people knew- my grandfather passed away this past Tuesday. So everyone that expressed sympathy or gave me an extra big hug, thank you so much. Having this weekend as an escape from real life was really sorely needed, and I was reminded yet again that I have awesome friends. You're all amazing.

My Vanguard folks, you are what I play this character for, thank you for all the awesome. Special thanks to Amy for girly chat times, which need to happen more often.

Sean Metzler you are an unbelievably amazing roleplayer and I loved every second of RP with you even when you were ripping my damn heart out. SO MANY FEELS. Also Donna I love you for writing that encounter even though you're SO MEAN AGH.

Exhausted still doesn't cover it as I just got home from CT and family things. I love you all, thank you everyone involved in this event for an amazing time!

-Lana

Where to start....
  • Henry telling me I played a perfect Stone Elf. Walked into a conversation and removed every ounce of cheer within it. Score!
  • Second Dinner and steak! Thanks Scottie for your miracle marinades/cooking. Thanks GC for being as cool as you all are.
  • Being the guy who doesn't care about walking up to people and asking the hard questions. "Where did you get the colors of the Storm Blades?" "Why are you being such a ****?". Vox balls.
  • Punny times about cows. "Geez we're making a lot of jokes about cows. Sorry!". Me: "Yeah, it's bull ****". *everyone dies because the stone elf makes a joke*
  • Continuing to inspire Hoblings everywhere take notes. "I won't have any money for breakfast." Me: "Do you need the arrows or not?"
Thank you to everyone who made this event possible. It was glorious!
Alex

I really had a great weekend due to some fantastic roleplay with some great players!

- Getting a babysitter!
- Adam (Shay) forcing our hand and "making" us have to come to Ashbury to see him! :p
- Keith (Barrus) joining us again for his second event ever :) - so glad he had such a good time!
- Getting to see Asia and interact with Lhasa again - truly a roleplay goddess!
- Hanging out with Nemisis (IG & OOG) and all of the fantastic roleplay that came from that.
- Drakasaurus Rex
- The wave, Blythedale kid, Rhys' hat & Irina the dwarf!
- Getting to play with so many people I haven't seen/played with in forever! (Tammi, I don't think we've played together for at least 5 years!)
- Dum dum lollipop ghosts

There is always more I'm missing, but that's where I am right now due to tired.

Also - Early adopters say Blythedale kid, because it's cool. Kid Blythdale is the generic version that was released after it was cool to be into Blythedale Kid.

Obviously my knee blowing out on me!!!! totally my favorite part of the one night I was there!.

Actually my knee is getting better and better each day.

As always, thank you to everyone for a fun time at alliance. I always have such a blast at the events, injured or not.

Some of the favorites while I was there -

Flint, Tinder, and Grimm Roleplay. Love my dwarfs

Vincent shoving Blythedale kid into the face of three NPC's so he can block for him

"She's cute!" (You know who you are that said that to Vincent ^_~)

Wine for Breakfast

(Shining Star moment) Sitting up on the balcony during the Saturday morning wave battle. I cast two pin spells and the second one that I threw off the balcony hit some NPC in the pant leg. This NPC (and Idk who you were) saw me cast the first one, and immediatly when the second one hit him he turned and went, "Pin right!?" and I yelled yes back and he immediatly said, "Got it!" and went back to fighting while pinned. Props bro! You made the cripples morning.

And finally, Seeing characters reactions to the things Vincent says and does to people, always trying to come up with new material every event and harass at least everyone, including NPC's at least once.

-This weekend's RP rock stars: Irina and Kailani. Thank you guys for some wonderful, thoughtful discussions on the callousness of adventurers and the meaning of redemption.

-Fizzlebeef cow puns with Irina, Rali, Kamryn, and Vox.

-That time I got legitimately OOG punched in the face with a wine glass by my girlfriend and Samara and Michelle not knowing whether to laugh or help me. Laughing and crying like a sloppy 500 year old baby. I sincerely thought my nose was broken for a few minutes there.

-Joe's stupid raptor.

-That time Chulainn let V hug him.

-It was fascinating seeing this chapter through a different character's eyes. It really highlighted the difference between HQ's political power structure and Gettysburg's social power structure. Both are very cool and I can really appreciate the differences.

-Backpacking Castlebur!

EDIT: terrifying Elosdi mod!!

Last edited:
-Vanguard hospitality. You folks solved my lodging and forgetting to pack things problems IG that would have also sucked OOG, thank you all so much.

-Tavern staff, you rock, that dinner was delicious. Also thanks Dorgun the breakfast hero.

-QJW teaching time. That analogy for reading scrolls was worth writing down for future reference.

-So much RP, I can't list everything that was a favorite so I'll pick three.
--Irina asking why call Laerthan the Deadlands? I was oblivious both in and out of game to the point she made but as soon as she said it, it was like she'd politely pointed out that the grass is green. Time to break that habit.
--Prolon and his patience and sensibility. Having a very MWE conversation about how convincing people works. Playing "name that emotion" and figuring out in the course of that conversation the words I'd been looking for for two weeks.
--Debating with Roman and Riddle if it would be worth ressurecting to avoid a race change ritual.

Thanks for a good time, and thanks NPCs for letting us kill you repeatedly. I went to the event not so much for plot or combat but mostly to socialize, and it was great to do a lot of it.

This event was thoroughly saturated with awesomeness ! Here are some if my favorites in no particular order ...

- jinx running around like a lunatic trying to break in her PA
- always being involved in something from sun up to sun down
- the necro forge mod and finally getting an arcane entangle to stick, which happened to be on the lich
- The night time flower mod and machine gun feeblemind
- the 8 level cave clear mod with no healer, Dave D made that mod so fun with his NPC fuckery and all the brainstorming we had to do to actually survive(especially when I had the hallucinate and attacked the group after Rali's pep talk ) So fun!
-that damn salamander! Idk who pissed off huleen's family but that thing was vicious!
-SMOKEY LIGHTBOOT .... never heard him coming *slow clap for Dave E*
- So much fun gilded claw family time, second dinner got out of hand... we were all totally "those guys " at 3 am.
- the gilded claw mod was so incredibly awesome! Had a blast with the amount of undeadness!
- all the feels when flint had to make the decision to sacrifice stonehollow to save the Duke...such good j-cog RP
- giving flowers to a lizard girl to get her to not fight us , I think in some circles that counts as a proposal... wedding invites to follow
- Cyprus testing out his new assasinates on crunch, the first one killed it and the second was for flavor " woohoo I pulled an Andros!"
-Kar and the "incident" on the steps that shall not be named, when in dout have Vox explain it.
-big shout out to everyone behind the scenes! Can't tell you enough how much of a blast I had!

I know I am missing a ton , can't wait for next month !

Great time. Thank you NPC's!

-First off.... apparently storm spells are back in vogue. I haven't seen this many in one event in quite some time.
-Seeing the Vanguard really shine and be in their element. It was great to see.
-Riddick's "clip on" Magic Armors... Castlebur not understanding it until after the fight, but that's ok.
-Deed names, and actively trying not to get one. "Seriously guys, I"m keeping my head down and trying not to do anything noticeable."
-Grim the Worrywart
-Castlebur and his ritual and all the RP behind it. From figuring out the finer points, to the moral decision he had to make. Being there with the right questions to guide him to the answer, and letting him figure it out on his own. It was really great.... Also Dorgun, and his take on it all. He didn't change much of my opinion on the ritual, but he did remind me exactly how messy it was. So getting Aubry involved and helping her do the casting. All in all it was a great team effort. I'm glad it worked out.
-Arriving in the Tavern late Friday Night (Sat early AM), and thinking that I'd just been grabbed by the mists from Stone Hollow and sent to a random Tavern in Caldaria or Laerthan.
-Seeing Kailani develop into quite the ritual caster, but still being there for emergency questions..
-QJW the reluctant teacher. I *will* teach you, but I may make you do crazy tasks first because why not. Once I really got the lesson going it turned out to be a really good one, so thanks to all involved.
-The amazing ladies of the Ash forest helping me carry my Caldarian Ale down to the cabins, then the pre-2nd dinner drinking party that ensued. Blowing their minds with a small taste of the Twilight Elf take on reality.
-2nd Dinner. What happens there stays there. Also, sorry Rachel.
-First Dinner, and Breakfast, and Breakfast. The Kitchen staff is always amazing, and did a great job helping keep the atmosphere up in the tavern too.
-Keeping my role as the "rip cord", and calling a retreat on the Save Flint mod (attempt 1). And again during the "Flame Lizard flight of doom".
-"Diversity Rainbow Murder Boat"
-Larien and her favorite coin.
-Larien and her beard braiding.
-Roman and talks of Thelucia and Sadeen Moore
-The end. The decision to be made, and the RP that went with it... leading to my favorite quote of the weekend: "How many nations are you willing to destroy to save your own?"
-Afterward, bickering with Amaranthus over culpability, "What's the manslaughter version of culpability?" Erden overhearing that part and looking nervous like I was accusing Amaranthus of something, not realizing the nature of our friendship / "debates" lol

And many more.

Good time All... See you next month.

So many favorites.
First Thank you NPCS. really standout job from everyone. Just awesome

- Customer service Golem
- The warbeards being twats
- CORDANNA... just saying i was gitty for the "crystal" thing. So much fun. i wanted to plug her into the golem and say "wake me when you need me"
- Rp with my favorite skald, Emily D's vansir. Unexpected and really touching. With the dwarves of the hollow namely angels npc being so harsh on grim it was really cool for a non bias outside perspective. it made a huge impression
- This team.. Vanguard You guys are epic
- Behind the scenes staff. Donna , Collin and holy shnikes.. TOM ON DESK SO GOOD
- Guilded claw .. my second team. so good
- Code of chivalry convos and curious questioners and differing angles.
um.. more stuff with my team..
Feeling like a knight..
so much amazingly awesome time..

Thanks everyone, for a great event. Some favorites-

- the other half of Kelly's- dragging her, Dustin, and Keith down because I scheduled my trip to the east coast specifically timed so I could return to HQ one year after my last visit here.
- the conversation that I mostly listened to between Lia and I am sorry, we didn't get introduced IG and while Dustin told me the name I've forgotten, but the MWE with the mismatched eyes; I wanted to give him a shout out for doing one of the best jobs I've seen of really presenting the feel of actually living the time abyss that is having an endless life span.
- Seeing Luke again and meeting Valim IG- back in SF, he was on staff in the campaign where I PCed and I NPCed where he PCed, so we'd never met IG before, and it was fun 'discovering' the various people we knew in common.
- So much awesome RP with House Nemesis and associated folks. The scene in the cabin, and then getting drunk in the tavern. It was an incredible amount of fun. And of course the Blythedale Kid! Thanks again for being a good sport.
- some good RP about the red belt and my experiences as a squire, especially with Grim.

I'm sure there's lots more (I accidentally typed "I'm sore" which is still also true), but it's late and so let's get this bad boy posted. Maybe see you again in a year... or even less! And thank you again NPCs!

Good times... Good times.

-Getting a warship and the discussions on who the crew will be and the name. "Diversity Rainbow Murder Boat" is a bit long to paint on the side.

-Flint's depressing motivational speeches.

-Rogue Squadron mod. It's bad form to discuss the specifics of trap mods so all I'll say is that the mechanic on that mod made it a lot more fun and a lot harder than it would have been. The strategy involved, weighing risk vs reward and actually having IG discussions on trap theory made that an all-round great LARP experience and funnily enough counted as the "teaching" portion of getting a PC his Legerdemain teacher card.

-Getting to comment on adventurer culture through the lens of a savage race, conversations on how much of a terrible idea any magic is that requires the already resurrected heart's blood of the target and in depth discussions on the "murder economy."

-Getting the holocron and feeling cool until I saw what it did, and feeling like a hypocrite. I'd spent most of the event feeling like we were gleefully looting a dead race's tomb and messing with the magics that likely destroyed them, only to find a huge piece of the sad-magic. Dorgun is an adrenaline addict, and it hurts those around him.

-"The Door of Infinite Lizards" and being on the front line for most of the fight. I haven't rogue tanked that hard since Moroes.

And a whole bunch more, mostly involving how awesome the PCs were and how fair the statting felt considering the number of PCs we had and the wide level range. Well done!

-That time I got legitimately OOG punched in the face with a wine glass by my girlfriend and Samara and Michelle not knowing whether to laugh or help me. Laughing and crying like a sloppy 500 year old baby. I sincerely thought my nose was broken for a few minutes there.
OH MY GOD WE HAD NO IDEA WHAT TO DO IT WAS SO FUNNY BUT LOOKED SO PAINFUL. Especially after the multi-step back-and-forth of "Don't put that down, you know I'll kick it over!"

Thanks to Collin, Donna, Tom and all the NPCs who busted their asses to make this weekend awesome. Well done, dudes!

- Feeling very involved this weekend. I have to give Kyle/Grim props for making a serious effort to include people not necessarily invested in Dwarfy goodness. Grim is an excellent noble -- he listens, he takes advice and criticism, he knows his weaknesses, he cares a whole lot and he doesn't let the belt go to his head. It was awesome to see. Also dat golem mask. A+

- Such good food, even if the smell did taunt us for an entire day. The steak tips were good, but those POTATOES, man! Those were outta control.

- Kinya and Larien! A real sister and an almost-sister, two players who really Get playing this race. Roleplaying with both of you is a dream come true. Merci, grazie, toda, gracias, dziękuję!

- Hanging out with V, Kamryn and Rali as the Observant Outsider Squad, including surprising moments of Real Talk about the callousness of adventurers and what it's like to face prejudice due to the circumstances of your birth.

- House-Hobling

- Going on an absolute tirade about the name "Fizzlebeef", trying to summon a Fizzlebeef in any way we could think of (saying it backwards, five times fast, into a mirror), finally asking Grim if it was actually a badass Dwarf name that had something lost in translation... and finding that no, it's just Fizzlebeef.

- Three different astekir-fueled stream of consciousness rambles. Drunk roleplay is even better when Hallucinates are involved!

- "RALI!!! Come be snake!!"

- Girl-talk with Ferra, team-talk with Riddick and race-talk with V and Rali. It's the little interactions like that, with no relation to plotlines or game mechanics but purely racial and personal roleplay, that give this game its depth.

- Irina and Riddick: Healer-Bros for life!

- Obadiah, and the bonds that formed between Irina and Flint and Ferra.

- Blythedale Kid! What a good sport you are, seriously.

- Babcock-fight

- Winning the hearts of all the Dwarves by supplying a bottle of Dwarven spirits... except for poor Mike Engler who'd never played a Dwarf before and unwittingly chugged half a bottle of pickle juice.

- DRUMMING AND DANCING! I haven't danced IG in years and it was the BEST. Teaching Kamryn a chiftitelli, discovering Alda knew a baladi, and dancing with Rali. Plans for the tournament sure are brewing...

Maybe more later if I think of them. Again, thank you staff and NPCs for a fabulous weekend. Hope to see you at Deadlands in two weeks, and see you here again in June!

Last edited:
Back