May Event Favorites

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Happy Monday! It was definitely an interesting weekend and I really enjoyed it. I hope a lot of you did as well. A huge shout out to The Gryphon Guard: Matt, Lou, Jordan and Sharon for coming down to NPC with us. It really helped for fights that required a more even ratio to PCs and definitely helped to have experienced players teaching some of the newer Chicago players IG.

As always, we LOVE feedback; especially if it's constructive. Even if you had the best game of your life, we'd still like to hear about it so we know exactly what we may have done really well!

PELs can be sent to WaysideIBGAs@gmail.com

You can also send IBGAs to the email above at anytime before August 1st!

I'll post my favorites a little later.

-Ryan

I had a blast this weekend and I came home absolutely dead, so congrats to the PCs for that one.

I finally found an excuse to play a Lion Sarr! I've been wanting to do it for ages.
"How many lots of chaos is that?" "Oh, keep going, that's not enough yet."
The best-aimed arrow in all of Alliance history. Who knew that goblin's last body point was in his big toe?
Tauron's ridiculously anticlimactic ending. There was one specific ability that cut right past his defenses and it just happened to be the first thing he was hit with.
Hanging out with the Grypon Guard in NPC camp is always a good time
Donuts and coffee on Sunday morning!
Roaring in Nick's face and getting a little yelp out of him
Casually eviscerating the Solar of Peace and trying to drag him out of town on my way out
"Oh yeah, he's like super dead."
*YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN* Voice radius magic sleep

I know I'm forgetting some things, but someone had to get this ball rolling. I hope you all had as good a time as I did.

Last edited:
First, NPC's and Plot you rocked as always. New NPC's, you guys did great. Took beatings like pros. lol Seriously thank you. You guys never cease to amaze. So to the list.
1. Puppet show (round 1) You all suck. Keeper is now emotionally scarred from that, I hope you are happy. Especially from the ending. But awesome, have to hand it to Sae for starting it.
2. Sam's bar. Nicely done sir. I tip my hat to you. Loved the mixers you brought.
3. Fooling Stanis (I think that's his name) into thinking we didn't have his cup. Everyone played along great.
4. Killing janitor undead. Felt kinda bad for them after awhile.
5.Toe shoot on the goblin. Epic ending.
6. RPing with Jehan and twice willing to give my life to help him.
7. Pulling a Don't and rifting away to the Plane of Lighting. She is a bad influence on us.
8. Watching Foss make more bad decisions.
9. Streaking through town.
10. Getting to RP a lot this weekend was great. Most of the time I just get asked to kill things.

From an NPC point of view, I want to thank everyone for a great weekend. Plot, you rock! PCs, you're all twisted!! I love it!
1. Paralysis puppet theater... see my last comment about PCs above. :)
2. Having Silp standing in the dark talking to the King's guards that weren't talking back to him.
3. NPC asking the PC out to the ball. (Matt, Daphne, you know what I'm talking about)
4. Getting to talk with a funny southern accent on too many occassions.
5. Shooting a crossbow at Nuka (?) while running around trees. The thrill is in the chase.
6. Listening to the cutest, high spirited goblin necromancer's voice I've ever heard.
7. Getting to give the PCs very long description of how to search the body of a plant and come up with a handful of dirt. :)
8. Good roleplaying with the PCs, as the troll, before being snuffed out or thrown into the fire.
9. Nate as an NPC turncoat; he fought for the PCs during the plant encounter.
10. Mr. Cobalt Emperor. 'Nuff said!

Well now that I'm not the first, I can post my favorites!

- "Hey, did you send in those Flesh Golems? Your initials are E.R. right?" "I did create those golems at one time, but I'm an Earth Scholar now.."
- Seeing a lot of my NPCs die this event was rough, but I had the biggest smile when #5 was killed.
- Stahn(not Stanis)/Foss yell fest. I still can't believe I said "F'in, then took it back and dropped the F bomb. Basically, every event I love playing Stahn more and more. You love to hate him or hate to love him.
- Cyn's tent and Flaming Skull Tavern. I love this little spots
- Annette/Nate bringing NPCs doughnuts and coffee...that was really thoughtful
- The Brotherhood being the Brotherhood on the Crypt Mod. Well played guys, well played.
- Being taken out, by a 0 Waylay. "Oh yeah, he's like super dead"
- The Giant Clam mod and PCs using Repel in the coolest way
- The King and Libara's meeting. I like when NPCs actually have meetings IG, where PCs can listen in, interact, interrupt if they choose.
- The Cobalt Emperor and the most adorably spoken Goblin(Sharon) ever. I couldn't help but smile when Fuzzbo talked.
- Our Friday night Town mod hook (Jordan) being robbed of the Permanent Circle of Power, and 3 Greater Fortress MIs. I love it.
- After beating down Foss when he attacked me. Turning to Lydia, "I would like to press charges for Assault" (I think Stahn is the only one who's ever asked to press charges). Then later Jehan pressing charges for the murder of someone standing right next to him. I'm all, "she's right there!" As Kayla waves with a smile. "Hi."
- Alexander as Ari, channeling his perfect Teague. I was upset they chose Libara to be distracted by Ironcrest.

This was my second time at an event and I wanted to say thanks for all the laughs and fun. It's getting easier to let loose and get into character and that's all because of the people that are there so thanks to all the PCs and NPCs! Here are some of my favorites from this weekend:
-Paralysis Puppet Theater (Acts 1 and 2)
- I really liked the Crow Mod (Mostly because of the NPCs accents)
-The undead janitors
-Opening up to Nuka before the Friday night Mod about my past, then getting a pep talk from him before helping put up the force field (or whatever the official term was) with Aramis. That really meant a lot to my character
-The Goblins were just awesome. I loved the one that was casting.... I think chaos storm?... into the ground... and then someone cast paralysis on the goblins and it was an almost pre-show of Paralysis Puppet Theater.
-Hanging out with The Company at the Flaming Skull (and creating my own drink. When I'm around, ask for Terra's brew)
-The Saturday night mod with the Zodiac where Aramis made that sick arrow shot to the foot, thus ending the goblin's life. There was much more rejoicing in that death than in the Zodiac's deaths.
You guys are really great and I can't wait until next event!

- Paralysis Puppetry Theater. Act 1 was marvelous, but the impromptu Act 2 with the Goblins, Gnolls, and a Troll: Priceless.
- My random adventures with Sae and Don't through all sorts of planes of existence that Sam had no business being in.
-Also rendering a Satyr from the Pleasure Court completely speechless was fantastic.
-The bar was a success! BUT I can do better. Expect some fine tuning for the next event.
-Forget about the sky falling, what about the arrow shot heard round the world? So awesome.
-Loved the small RP moment with Nuka and Vexx. Nice little stroll down memory lane.
-Truly being the rogue and smuggling the Duchess back to her keep during the post-Saturday night mod fight.
- Loved all the newer PCs turning to the Company and Brotherhood for help. Anytime you need something, let us know!
- Lastly, kudos to Ryan for an awesome 'spying mod' on Friday. The set up was very cool.

This past weekend was a blast once I finally got all of the sleeping out of the way.

- Loved playing Fuzzbo the goblin. Enjoyed during the Cobalt Emperor mod to find Foss that as I was casting I forgot the rest of the incantation: "I summon a force to shatter your................... Well, I lost that one!" and players halting their attacks to laugh. It was great.
- Ryan as the Cobalt Emperor and after no one was giving up Foss' location telling his minions to just start killing people. Also telling Fuzzbo that she's the worst goblin scout ever, and that she failed at all of her tasks he assigned her.
- Running around asking people my riddles.
- Kyle being a goblin on the late Saturday night mod and singing high pitched when he was casting.
- Rob being genuinely shocked that as an NPC I smile and laugh a ton, but as my PC Aurora I seem stone cold and he can't ever tell if I'm taking offense to some of the things he says.
- The town mod on Saturday and pretty much laughing the entire time. I really enjoyed beating up the PCs, especially a few of you who seemed to keep tabs on my location since you didn't get enough beatings already.
- Being a golem and forgetting all my stats, even after ductaping them to my arm. Although I did get Foss with a PTD 90 slay.
- The brotherhood in general. You all crack me up.
- During the town mod when a newer PC (roman helmet guy, I apologize for not knowing your name!) kept searching me, and after realizing I had no more loot he would still come over and instead would say "just checking in."

There are probably more, but this weekend overall was epic for me.

See guys, NPCs have fun too! Feel free to join us on the other side! :p

-Paralysis puppet theater was glorious. Especially the Genesis of the Brotherhood, I think I almost died laughing
-The Friday night spying mod was great
-the Zodiac mod was really cool and was great to fight in
-the town mod was fun but more so because of the NPC'S did a great job (no matter how broke they were lol)
-I loved bartending at the flaming skull and look forward to talking with more pc's and NPC'S about different rumors going around

Honestly, this whole weekend was great and I was especially happy that I was able to get into the story more. I can't wait for the next event!

--First, Sunday morning coffee... THANK YOU! I need my caffeine in the morning.
--Having so many great NPCs was awesome! I hope you guys all come back for next time :)
--Those poor survey goblins didn't get any useful data from you people. It turns out the town has five lots of earth magic, plus a couple all the earths. Maybe a few more some of the earth.
--The late late late night meeting with the Duke and the PCs. I hope at least a few of you got some sleep that night. PS. Rob, your Solar is a creep. :p
--I loved the reaction I got after handing out Popsicles in the afternoon... --"You've all enjoyed my delicious ice elementals! That'll be 2 gold." --"Haha... Yeah right. Go away now."
--The return of Kyle's jingly elemental Butler, Jarvis.
--My dryad elder getting ignored for most of the Saturday afternoon town fight and then dying to Silp's terminate as soon as I started seeing some action.
--Two of my Zodiacs getting killed horribly.
--More goblins hassling poor Sam at 3 in the morning... Where are the shinies? Promises were made!
--Also, sorry about the waylay, Ryan. I thought you'd have a magic armor. :p

Can't wait for the next event. There's so much to do...

(You guys don't even want to know how many times the words "The PCs did WHAT?" were heard in monster camp.)

See you all next time!

Thank you Plot Team and NPC's. Your never ending energy never ceases to amaze!
-"Arsita take 3 steps back!" Foss demanded coldly while I was starting a conversation with Stahn. *oh ***** I proceed to get a front row seat to some intense RP and an F-bomb dropped by Ryan. AWESOME!
-Cypt Mod killing un-dead janitors. I just wanted to take one home with me!
-Blatantly lying to Stahn after the Crypt Mod and getting away with it. Hide the Pirate! *Do I sense any magical items* I squeak "no!" Afterward "Run you fools!"
-Puppet show- good times were had by all. Don't deny you enjoyed it Keeper!
- The Flaming skull was great Sam!
-Watching my brother enjoy LARP for the first time.

Thank you all!

Back