May Favorites!

Man... had a blast in Minnesota this weekend! Here are some of my favorite moments:

- Gorka/Gubba conversations
- The Summer Sausage Mod
- Ritual casting with Mesa, and the magical disappearing chairs
- Captain York and Fern kicking down the door to a house, like an episode of Cops
- Fearing for my life, being the only human in a cabin full of dark elves... and the justification given why I was there
- Rit casting with Pandora and Kovu - I love casting things with Kovu... I wish I could be more theatrical with my casting like that
- Finally landing well-timed enflames
- The late-night talk with Forest's Edge, Fern, and Crow
- Gorka's induction into the Order of Shadow's Light

Wish I had been there Friday a bit earlier. Sorry guys... hope to see you in two weeks though!

1 Archery both from the tavern platform(great defense) and point blank
2 killing necromancy with a trowel
3 drinking acid
4 wind wierd puzzle mod
5 being one of 2 people in a rez circle of six who didnt come in screaming

least favorite: running out of arrow packets repeatedly

deoman said:
least favorite: running out of arrow packets repeatedly

Make more arrow packets! For a bit of perspective, I have a pure archer character that I play sometimes and when I do I generally try to have around 300 arrow packets that I bring to events. I also have 6 quiver reps in order for the character to have 120 bolts, and actual packets for those bolts at any given time when I am fully 'loaded'.

Dedicated archer characters can be very fun, but the hit-point system of our game means that to pull it off you need to have a crap load of packets... :)

Also, archers were awesome this weekend! I'll post more of my favorites later.

1. During the time travel mod in the tavern Nick played a farmer who could only harvest Radishes. I almost died laughing ooc because he has the same character in the present whose family is a long line of radish farmers. Couldn't help but feel bad for the poor guy.
2. After the DE incident with Gorka wandering around and talking with Marsters and I. The split personality was really creepy/cool.
3. Being killed on my first night of my first pc by Dave's vampire. Then ressing in the circle with 8 others.
4. The Beeps. Thinking the little drawing of a Teddy Bear with a spear on the map was a joke and seeing 2 Teddy Bear constructs say "beep" everywhere.
5. The timing of Dave's phase out after Kovu got the last breath of the squire. York about to pick him and phasing upon touching him. That's rough.
6. Singing Kobolds. "If I wasn't born a kobold..."
7. Old woman mod. The execution of our group went so well. Harlequin got the woman ressed(not to mention he chased down Dawson), Gorka/Krytin chased bodyguard and tax collector. Rest took care of the hired hands and everyone had exceptional teamwork.
8. My Dryad trying to talk to Charlotte's lady Dark Elf and her replying "You'll know when you need to know" after every question I asked. I'm determined to get more than that next time!

least fav: 40 degree rainy night in the cabin. C'mon Minnesota its the middle of May! Dryads need sunlight!

-Asher

Had one of my best times yet NPCing and running mods.

Some faves:
1. Marshaling the plant mod on saturday morning. You guys did awesome at that. (thanks again peter)
2. Both corrupt node mods. Very good fighting in those and seemed like a good challenge.
3. Golem games. That looked rough but you guys did well together.
4. Fire in the tavern. It was amazing.
5. Tax collector mod. Very glad you guys don't torture people in real life.
6. Beep. (you guys were perfect for the roles)
7. Food. Thanks Crystal.
8. Seeing everyone again. :yes:

:ninja: :emo:

-My Dryad and Krytin, her body guard returning.
-Painful reserection and Gorka scaring even the other spirits in the circle
-Naked fighting because why take time to put on cloths when there are things that need killing
-Giving The Dark Elves Gorka's Dowry and getting their Advice about the wedding
-Dure'dhe Getting Loved to Gorka, too bad she was taken could have checked dark elves off that list
-Being one of the experienced of the inexperienced adventures
-Defeating that node with out any loss of life
-Having York carry Gorka after rifting back from the node
-Kovu teaching gorka, had to do it one spell at a time because anytime Kovu sits down someone needs her attention
-The woman and the tax collecter mod, everyone who went on that performed beautifully, Spcel props for Harliquin, on saving the womans life, Asher and that tall healer for calming the woman down and getting more info, Iss'Rak for following the two that ran away, who ever healed me, My Dryad and those that stayed behind that made sure the bad guys didn't die, York for leading and being a great deputy, and Krytin, for helping track down Fancy pants and Dawson's fighter.
-going to talk to the lady dark Elf with Kovu
-Leaving Lady Dark Elf and Kovu to run down Fancy pants tax collector guy
-Lady Dark Elf and D'rezz braking Gorka
-Gorka and Gubba fun crazy time
-Teaching how to chanel 2nd level Earth as broken Gorka, unfortunate Cure wounds only heals that inflicted by weapons or magic and not emotional.
-Fern trying to council Gorka
-Davion asking gorka why he has never seen a female Orc
-Being accepted in the order of shadow's light
-Orc logic twice helping to solve puzzling problems
-being takled by PanDa
-Selling the Biata cure light wounds potions
-Tets and Pandora, and green M&M treats
-Kovus True hero Speech, and the whole idea that no one can make a true hero but the hero themselves.

It was a wonderful weekend, thank you NPCs and all the staff that made the week end come together so nicely.

I actually had a blast this game, one of my favorites in a while.

1. The Hero fight- watching this one hero guy go on and on as he was dying "Remember me" and so forth, the reverence he was shown, Fern and Panda "What's my name?" "Fern." "What's my name Panda?" "Sheriff Fern Woods" "No, what's -my- name?", and the repeated attempts to figure out how make the last breath come out.
2. The actual plot of the last breath fight. I really liked how that turned out.
3. Losing about 4 gold while playing with copper and gambling while sleep deprived. It was a hoot, money well spent imo.
4. Teaching how to read and write with a made-up sign language
5. The fires- the warmth was a HUGE highlight.
6. The torture scene with Novi and Dawson's misogynist bandit. That was some nice RP guys.
7. Getting charmed and wandering/standing around staring only at Talitha, having a few conversations that way. It took awhile before it was even noticed- which was fun.
8. The Alyce/Jimmy thing, it was totally unexpected since I didn't even see the thread on the board.
9. Being invited to share a private cabin (or tent) space for the first time in about a year of play. Thanks guys!
10. Pulling a proverbial ostrich when the forsaken stormed into the tavern, gave me some unexpected insight into my character.
11. Attempting negotiation with the forsaken and coming away from it unharmed.
12. Seeing the prince and corrupt just as we left- especially because I had briefly toyed with the idea of staying behind.

That's all I can remember right now but I KNOW there was more. It was an awesome weekend. Thanks to both NPC's and PC's, you guys literally make the world turn! ^_^

For starters I liked the 'rule of the weekend' discussion at the beginning of game. It felt like that gave some nice direction to PC talk. I'm a rules marshal in multiple chapters and I enjoy some good rules discussion, it made me even want to brush up on my details!

The corrupt node fight was great, strangely I didn't even notice when a couple of the corrupt were apparently immune to the '8 normal' that I was swinging from the back... lol

I also greatly enjoyed the mod to retrieve parts of Alexander Nightus's memories. Figuring out how to beat the different creatures was awesome! I especially liked the 'huge' tentacle monster that initially had us all so frightened... And then we figured out we had to jump in between its swings of '15 massive' to kill it!

And lastly the whole ritual to go back in time, and then seeing the plot twist about who we actually found the last breath from was great!

I also just had loads of fun joking around with Fern constantly and quite enjoyed dividing up treasure with anyone I split with this weekend. It seems like everyone is starting to get reasonably satisfied with the method for dividing treasure and not constantly arguing over that is certainly enjoyable. :)

There were also a couple 'runs' through the corrupt lines that I made to our cabin for supplies during the corrupt wave battle after the time travel mod and getting actually chased into our ward during one of those was very exciting.

I also felt like everyone did a much better job listening to each other and working together for that fight. We kept a couple of magic storms going for a bit and generally worked together much better to defend a reasonable line. Like someone else noted the archers shooting over the railing was great!

Big thanks of course to all my other Forest Edge members, playing with the team is always fun.

I had tons of fun with everyone this weekend and I can't wait until I get a chance to come back and play again! I'll miss everyone as I'm graduating and moving back out east, but I'll certainly be coming back and visiting as much as possible! :)

For starters a huge thank you to the staff, plot team, NPCs, Crysta for fudz, and Dave for putting this on. We drove 800+ miles this weekend and no one made mention of not doing it again as soon as we can. I had a decent time as always and of course have many favorites, some of which I can share but the most important is to just recognize all the PCs for making my weekend amazing.

My favorite moments of the weekend in no order:

1) "Gorka...thats why we could never work out"
2) Kovu and Dure'dhel's reaction to the "big reveal" " oh my god I promise I wont tell"
3) Calling Kovu a dude all weekend.
4) The plant mod was awesome teamwork...now we have to break those guys later.
5) Mrs Sletten's ( I forgot your first name) portrayal of both the crazy witch and the scared farmers widow was great.
6) Everything related to the Key mod I am so glad I went on that one...from the great combat (tough but fun) to the puzzle and the golem blowing up and almost killing all of us was great... the topper was Panda dropping Fern with the sizzling acid bag :)
7) Yorkie and I's rendition of Cops when we went to arrest the messenger.
8) I tasted more dirt this weekend than every other event put together that I have played Fern... The target was heavy on my back this weekend.
9) All the RP I got to be a part of from poetry readings to selling the hat off my head and talking about trading strategies and economics with Taloc and others, everyone had something to share this weekend even the newer players and it was just cool to get to know your characters a bit bette.r
10) Panda's girl geek-out moment over chocolate.
11) SO MANY MORE......!!!!

This was a wonderful event, and I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who made it so! I look forward to seeing ya'll again next event! Some of my favorites included:

1. The Aleksandr Nitus (yes, that is actually how you spell it, according to Stephen, anyway) memory recovery mod with the weird monsters and keystone combinations. "Now you see an empty warehouse."
2. Private chats with Aleksandr. Thanks for those, Stephen!
3. The Forsaken slaughtering us on Friday night, especially due to the motives of the Forsaken that Gandian learned from it. Also, "Do you have any idea how hard it is to talk while gaseous?"
4. The Valley of Solace Node breaking mod. Great cooperation from PCs, and a nice fight from the NPCs!
5. "Hey, I'm Targus, the Forsaken of Cool!" That just topped off my event, Paul.
6. Beginning the cheers for Fern as Sir Westgard, which everyone then joined in on, in an attempt to glorify Westgard as the hero of the battle. That whole battle was amazing, but Fern taking up the mantle as Westgard was just awesome.
7. Eating food with the folks from the Nitus' memories mod. It gave me strength like I couldn't imagine.
8. Seeing the Prince storm the tavern right when we time rifted.

I'm sure there's more, but that's what's off the top of my head right now. Once again, great game everybody!

This weekend renewed my love for LARP - I was waning there for a while...not gonna lie
- Making ears for the Beeps and being a Beep!
- Insulting everyone's fashion sense as Sebbi the future tailor of Adventurer Fashions!
- The fire...omg I was so cold
- Seamus (forgive me if I butchered the spelling of your name) loaning me a blanket so I could sleep the second night!
- Doing archery on the orc mod with Seamus
- Running from the orc mod to the building to be a disraught mother with a baby
- Casting 6 bindomancy spells every pop during the corrupt mod >:3
- Being taught how to actually fight
- Watching Charlotte break character every once in a while to run over and give me a hug
- Seeing how well Charlotte played a Dark Elf!!! AMAZING O_O
- I am sure there are more but I got to get back to looking for a PAYING graphic design job *argh* ;(

THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :D
-Denise

• -Being the loudest Dark Elf in town!
    -During the time travel mod, taunting all the enemy orcs.
    -Taunting the Forsaken of Stone and his undead.
    -Being awesome at tracking down the Tax Collector and his associate, also, thanks to the fellows who were smart enough to send people after me.
    -Being that awesome Dark Elf tavern assistant and now being an official employee!
    -Still hoping to make more friends though...

Oh yeah, one more thing.
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.
paul, as soon as deoman knows alchemy, hes sending fern a courier with 2 cure light elixirs.

LOL! Thanks Deoman that was awesome.

Oh I forgot...Marsters shattering Leopolds pants, hitting Talitha instead. Rob/Brent/ Mariah that interplay was gold.

LARPing makes me SO HAPPY! (And tired... but that's beside the point.) Thank you all for the wonderful weekend! :)

- I thought that all of the acting this event was really great - especially Mom's portrayal of the crazy necro lady (which I found to be mildly terrifying). And Tal even managed to be somewhat louder than usual.
- I wasn't sure if I should've been flattered or horrified when Dure'dhel pointed Tal out as his favorite, because I was ganged up on by quite a lot of undead immediately thereafter.
- Getting enslaved by the Forsaken of Flame. Bonus points for getting healed by one of them within about the last five seconds of a death count.
- "I summon a force to shatter your pants." ...Good thing Tal's a tailor.
- Talitha: "EVERYONE STOP FIGHTING!" Forsaken of Stone: "VOICE RADIUS CONTROL UNDEAD: KILL THE LIVING! ...That's how you do it."
- Trying to ruin the Forsaken of Stone's fun. Also, making several attempts to first aid a dying Lady Dark Elf before the Forsaken of Stone gave up on trying to stop me. When you're enslaved, it almost gives you an edge.
- The adorbale Beeps.
- "Dure'dhel swings both ways."
- The cliche ending to the "true hero" mod. :3 I loved it.
- Fern trying to get Tal and "Yorkie" to be battle buddies during the time-travel mission.
- Watching Prince Talon from the time-rift.
- Tal and Ophelia's simultaneous bouts of giggling.
- Giving Fern sad looks for directing me to go on a different excursion than he was.
- And many many more...

For all those coming to the May Chicago event: I'll se you in a couple weeks! :D

Talitha Vashti said:
- "Dure'dhel swings both ways."

Thanks to that and a certain sandwich comment I think some of us will never be able to look at mint oreos the same way again. :p

First let me say thanks to all the NPC's this weekend! You all did a great job, even if Leopold didn't get his pants shattered. :(

~ I absolutely loved the puzzle mods, thank you Stephen! I am totally digging the Nitus/Runeforge plotline more than any other at this point. :thumbsup:

~ It was also awesome being able to be involved within some sub-plots versus only the major town plots! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

~ Gorka drama! (I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during all the conversations) :ninja:

~ Fern's noblility and acts of selflessness surprised Dure'dhel :shock:

~ Naming Talitha as Dure'dhel's favorite...favorite what? :D :D :D

~ Bringing Gorka into the Order, and our impromptu induction ceremony :shades:

~ Realizing just how fragile Gorka can be, begin the first of many "dark elf" therapy sessions :twisted:

~ The corrupt node mod was fun, running behind the corrupt lines to destroy the node and then running back. Its amazing how fast you can run without 25-30 lbs of armor! It was a well-balanced encounter that everyone did a great job with! :thumbsup:

~ When both Thorador and Dure'dhel were feared, D: See this potion...*glowers at T* ...drink it T: drinks potion D: now feed this one to me as I'm too scared to do it myself. :grrr:

~ HOT HOT HOT SHOWERS on Sunday morning! OMG I don't know how I can go to another site that doesn't have showers! :watsup:

~ Feeling useful with my wand!

Cons: COLD!! :cold: I ended up being the proverbial old wizard hiding in the cabin until he was needed.

-Ryan

Dr_Chill said:
~ Naming Talitha as Dure'dhel's favorite...favorite what? :D :D :D

Yeah... Let me know when you figure that out.... :blink: :p

Well admittedly most of mine come from OOG stuff but
- Watching the NPC fight practices. You guys certainly pull punches in-MOD.
- Catching Dave wrapping up my extension cord and being disappointed that I remembered to ask for it back. Yeah, sorry, Grandma doesn't wanna sell it for gobbies.
- The lizard wake-up. I only wish we'd made it to a cabin. Also, had I been awake, I could have thrown some slays around.
- I don't think anyone noticed that when they got back to present time, there was another cup on the fireplace mantle. "Jimmy TF"
- Learned a lot about writing plot and modules. Use the word "IF" frequently and never assume things will work the way you intend ("We'll guard the tavern." "No, I got it, you go join the fight." "No we better guard the tavern." "Please, join in the fight. I can take care of myself.").
- Having run around purposely dragging my feet to make noise all night Friday without any issue, then twisting my ankle hard Saturday in broad daylight while walking back from the bathroom. *headdesk* Not injured by the way, just a little sore still.
- Being the "evil red light" mistaken for the portal. Lol I was trying to use as little light as possible while avoiding any more injuries. But that should give NPC camp some ideas.
- When Paul left one of the bear gloves in the restroom. "Hey, I came to give you guys a "hand." Dave says you're a dirty boy for leaving this in the bathroom."
- And of course the Kobold song. To all Dark Elves: Dave put me up to it and I was lazy so it meant the least singing for me :oops:

I took 2 to 300 pictures during both parts of the node mod so I'll get those to Andrew shortly and they should hopefully appear on the site, as well as I'll throw them up on Picassa.

Beep!!!
The whole story plot of Dawesons has been pretty cool and i can't wait to finish that.
Crazy old farmers that fought over a gold was pretty cool.

Tets best way of helping s depressed Gorka: Give her candy!

Dave's crazy vampire charms from 15 feet away. "Don't attack the forsaken", "Ok", walks over to the forsaken of stone "hiya", and latter getting stone stormed into the ground. That death was completely my fault.

Attempting to rouge around the big corrupt town fight to later have Brent tell me he saw me the whole time. That goodness for prisons and fortresses.

Mean Dark Elf's, nice Dark Elf's, and Dark Elf's with brownies!

Having a very big wand.

Puzzle mod at 5 in the morning. Thank you Stephen for that.

Attempting to block the Shatter pants.

Attuning my pants and the crazy comments that came later.

Rumors as a result of waiting over an hour for a mod. "So Dure'dhel i heard......"

Gorka's depressed teaching.

Back