May Favorites

Kitaruen

Knight
Thank You NPCs and PCs alike. This weekend was a blast! A few of my favorites as my larp-itis addled brain can sort out in no particular order.

-All the what does it mean to be Human rp
-General reactions to Human Kit
-Ted Perming and wanting to be upset but just having my heart full of Jehyu-lol
-Not a Djinn Djinn for lack of a better term- Hwuld you like a spfellshheild
-Silent battering ramming
-Shadowslight Not Tea Tea Ceremony
-New Guildmates! (Old ones are pretty great too)
-Dropping it like its hot on a Death Jester and expecting people to follow me as I chased him--suffice to say I ended up vary alone with regrets lol
-Sunday Morning Killingblow Life Fix Alls
-Benjamin the "Node Loving Lying Worm"
-Reading about a were cougar and then fighting it like 5 seconds later and being like hmm what is up withthis crazy murder rat....hmmm ohhh its a were cougar (it was well repped and rp'd so I'm just slow)
-Lastly a call out to the second Tick who Shadowslight has killed as a family (Reminder to do a Tick Check to everyone)
-TACOS! So good
-And a call out to Emma teaching me about Kinesthetic Tape

See you all next time!

The jarring difference between old Kit and new Kit was fun to react to, Rob! There was definitely a lot of side-eye and quiet discussions among the couple of Gypsies who happened to make it out regarding his antics.

As for some of my own favorite moments :

- Five adventurers with shapes spirit linked to them trying to figure out what a turtle looks like
- "Defend me, friend!" and the most pitiful sounding Siren ever!
- Baeleon demonstrating the fine art of the diving combat roll on Sunday
- The town trying to bribe a spirit with stuff we just stole off his neighbors, and getting called out on it
- Getting told to close gates slower because our efficiency was hurting the dragon
- The NPC crew doing a stellar job dealing with a huge PC contingent, and some of the PC's taking time out to switch sides and help. Great to see that kind of motivation in a playerbase!
- My continuing conviction that the town of Horizon is some kind of swāmp.

And a ton more I'm sure I'll come up with over the next couple days. Great to get out and see everyone again, and catch some of you at the work day. ;)

One heck of an event!
-human!Kit and Kari trying to cope.
-trying to explain the blood bond to non rom by saying they are like strings.
-"that was definitely a turtle! The door is just too picky! "
-" if I was Rom, I would have skinned you alive. But just go be happy."
-"is our impending doom ready yet???"
-ugly crying from a gift Roff gave to Kari.

There were so many awesome things! I hope I can come again soon!

-Debating whether the "man" we made was a man, a woman, or a turtle/bear thing (and all of the rest of that mod too)
-Being more effective in combat during the dragon egg mod
-The sketchy blue-faced merchant selling scrolls one at a time, such a money-sink for Tisk
-Seeing all of the dead human orphans and realizing an important truth about my characters view of the world

I want to give a BIG Thank You to all my helpers this weekend - hopefully logistics will take care of you by rewarding you with Goblin Stamps.

- Emma, for helping prepare and serve Friday night Brownies, Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Ryan Byman for doing Breakfast dishes
- Jacob's friend (I am sorry I don't remember your name) who was wearing some of Jacob's costume items - for doing lunch dishes
- Mariah, for helping clean up after supper
- Rob & Adam, for helping do supper dishes and putting them away.

Your help was very much appreciated <3

Kind of a wacky weekend in retrospect.
-Adults playing red-light/green-light (and having a fun)
-Adults doing tangram puzzles (and having frustrating fun)
-Adults doing word searches (and having a blast), particularly Ilana getting hit with a prison mid-circle
-Lily helping me to realize how much the word "itself" looks like the word "celestial" when spelled backward
-Kit's questioning what it means to be human
-Can you keep a secret, friend? (yes I can)
-Brainstorming on ways to deal with Troglodyte Princesses (rescued by prince charming for the win)
-Fighting with (well, retreating from) a freaking rhino!! (nature's curvy unicorn) Thank you, Asura
-Stress-eating because the Shade killed Ted
-Ohhh it's a JADE death jester, that makes sense
-Not sure which npc I stopped from falling in that jade undead fight Saturday night, but that felt sorta superhuman
-We launched a box into space, into freaking space. That's got to be mind-blowing for folks in our game world
-Trying to figure out the method/trick to harvesting moon flowers is still bugging me days after the event
-All of the talks with various folks to figure out the Victor's Squire situation, it's pretty awesome to get that sort of insight into our characters perceptions of one another
-Continuing to attack Ragnarok after my charm was broken, I was just finishing something that I had started, follow through is an important character trait :) love you, Rags
-Continuing my tradition of leaving blunt weapons in corrupt territory, R.I.P. Belligerence
-Being generally confused about who was doing what because we had a Thorgrim and a Thorfain (both dwarves), a Kip and a Kit, a Lily and Ilana, and two Olivers
-I feel like in the future I should be far more worried when Lily and Ilana talk about experimenting with celestial magic and rituals, pg and order at the same time?
-I've lost count of the number of "we should start a group" conversations that I had with folks this weekend, you're all amazing and I love you all!
-This event, more than any other, I felt like Baeleon was part of the adventuring community, there are way too many players to thank for that, you guys truly are the best!

It was a great event overall. Thank you to our NPC's and Plot Team, you folks continue to do great work with few bodies. A huge thank you to our first-time NPC's and the players who hopped the occasional fence you guys and gals really make the game great.

Looking forward to getting some work done with you folks next month.

thanks for a great event,
Josh C

-The Winwin bell mod ringing mod. Roff going first to hit the first rope and all of us just face palming. Kit's continued shouting when it was a silence mod. The look on Oliver after 3 of us dropped the battering ram and a Lightning Blast hits it with only him still holding onto it.
- The Arbiters Finale
-Revealing to Ilana Asher's intention with the cursed Tafl set if a DM wouldn't work on it. Ended up playing 4 games of it in order to transfer it, then make sure it didn't shatter spirit Ilana before remem an hour later.
-Asura's Ritual casting 4am randomness. "Yet another ritual that has nothing to do with the ritual scroll."
- "Get 'em lavabug!"
-Squire discussions and narrowing down to some solid, yet similar ;) candidates.
-Tacos
- Ilana rez story, and the river fish.
-The Ice Elemental Sat night fight was really enjoyable; just a solid mod overall.

more I'm sure I'll be mentioning!

Last edited:
Oh dear, it's been a very long weekend of which I have forgotten most of. The great stuff I can remember:

- Flawing a ritual not once, not twice but FOUR times!
- Getting smacked with 1000 Massive in the middle of saying "I think we're almost done with the ritual"
- Missing only ONE of my throw spells this weekend (Thank you Hamilton and Andrea for helping with that ;) )
- Danger Zone

I'm totally forgetting stuff, but overall I had a really solid event.

- Conflicting views about the use of magic and the way of the earth with the elf guy whose name I always forget (sorry).
- "Hi fungus mom!" (The mystery of dryad reproduction becomes ever stranger...)
- Not realizing for half the event that Kit was human, and then having to take a moment OOG to process the news in Talitha's headspace.
- Trying to rogue a bottle of poison off an incorporeal guy. It wasn't going to work, unfortunately.
- Ilana introducing Negora and Dagmara to each other.
- Saturday night mod was pretty solid, and the adventurers actually seemed like they knew what they were doing.
- Getting to go on one of the Gypsy cup mods. It was cool to finally be involved in part of that search, even if I didn't do a whole lot.
- Having more spells than I thought I was going to.

Taco bar for the win!
Jade skeletons - they seemed to enjoy hitting me...lots
Jade death jester - still think a laughing pin yata was the way to go.
The bell ringing rope obstacle coarse...poor Ollie getting hit so much.
The lore spell lying to us, and me not realizing it til later.
Protecting Charis during the essence to egg transfer, realizing we had to slow down our portal closing teams cause they were too effective - Charis was spending more time charging them than the egg!
Spending time asking about Squire candidates.
Hanging out with friends.

Matt

Back