May Favorites!

Kovu

There is an Alliance tradition of posting your favorite moments from the last event on the boards to relive good moments and, perhaps, learn about some great moments that you may have missed. I hope you'll join me in this month's favorites! I'll start us off:

1. Lok being generally awesome and after the Mining fight and telling Kovu he would watch how Kovu handled his leadership with the treasure. o_O
2. HENGIN!!!! Thanks plot for letting us borrow him!
3. Initiation Ceremony. And the greater undead who was apparently watching the whole thing.... CREEPY.
4. The greater undead who later tried to amnesia Hengin so he would forget the whole process. Good thing for fast Purifys and Taloc!
5. Drunken Ritual casting with Grain Stoneforge.
6. All of the rockstar women who attended this weekend. You all are awesome!
7. Barbarian and High Orc bloodlust in the caves. Nice RP!
8. "Prepare to die shatter your weapon, shatter your weapon..." "Kovu, jump in front it!"
9. Lady Gray and her use of the word "fodder."
10. Gandian and he's ability to impress Kovu by doing absolutely everything we asked of him. Wow!
11. Gabriel not remembering what the second embarrassing thing he did this gathering was. <3 our explosives expert!
12. Teaching Enya three levels of Earth and seeing her strong desire to cast life spells. Ya healers!

Thanks for a great game everyone. Thank you PCs and NPCs alike.
-Sam
aka Kovu

1. meeting a farmer claiming to be james the inconceivable. i loved me
2. fighting on the front lines without any fighter skills!
3. using up both my free deaths in a single weekend! wooooo! i love new characters, coming up with stories. and this time i know a bit more about how things are supposed to work, and i can practice an accent i could use all weekend
4. kovu being drunk
5. dropping a gold on lunch

and really generally everything else. this was a great game, and i had lots of fun.

thanks to the NPCs who put up with getting killed all the time

Ok here are a few of my favorites.
1.Blowing all of my spells the first night, and i went to bed early. I have never gone through them all the first night.
2. Kovu and Panda and their leadership. Thanks to both of you for trying to keep us alive.
3. The first mine run. Man i thought we did ok, until our walk back.
4. Going for the big Tree while trying not to kill the treeling's. And then Seeing the Harbor's far warriors coming through the forest, while we are getting beat up a bit.
5.The second mine fight. I have never seen so many people paralyzed and weapons and armor shattered. I didn't do much but hold the light by Tizulti, He was a one man refitting machine.
6.Poor Gabriel blowing us all up. I knew it was bad when the tape measure came out. Ouch.
7. Doing my first resurrections, Sorry for the horrible stories. I only had a couple stories and there were so many people in the earth circle friday night i went through them all quickly.
8.Adventuring with the usual cast of characters and the new ones.
9. Waking up saturday morning and having Gandian tell me he was robbed and Killed and experimented on. And then one Saturday night having the experimenter come to the taven and get waylayed.
But not by Gandian. Although i was hoping Gandian could dish out some revenge on him.
There are more but that's just at the top of my head.
It was nice to see so many new people. And it was great to see and have fun with the regulars.
For me this was probably the best larping weekend so far.
So great job Everyone that had anything to do with it.
And thanks to the NPC'S you all did a great job and were in character very well.
Alan Weier.

In no particular order:

1. Hanging out with the fine people of Forest's Edge, and especially being considered to join up in the future!
2. Being the only one to truly communicate peacefully with the Undead Lieutenant guy, as well as being the only one who spoke to/saw his more ancient and powerful brother and living to tell the tale (despite his promise that speaking to him would only yield my death).
3. Leopold and all that he did.
4.The Kobold waylaying people as they walked into the tavern, then getting Dragons Breath'd by Leopold.
5. Hunting the werewolf, and now swearing a vengeance upon a beast (someday, I will wear that pink flower as a trophy!)
6. Getting my Spirit Locked pendant identified. Quite the item, really.
7. Despite it resulting in the loss of a LOT of stuff, NPCs stealing my possessions once I dissipated. Hector, Jubilee, and whoever the last one was, I will get you!
8. Kovu: "I want to imbue this sword with this sound: ...........EEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
9. My soon-to-be quite racist sword. Now all I need a Race Reaver on it to make it a truly racist weapon.
10. Asa's note: "I hate spiders".
11. Lying on the ground, bleeding out, when I see Silus Cornwell come up to me. He bends over me, and I expect him to say either "beginning First Aid" or "Healing Arts", and instead I hear "I begin dissecting you 1, I begin dissecting you 2, I begin dissection you 3...".
12. The conversation with Chris OOG as I lay there waiting to dissipate/be Life'd after being mauled by the werewolf: "You reckon I should just dissipate?" "Yeah, you're a goner. But I'll see what I can do. *howls to attempt to draw other adventurers towards me*"

There was probably more. Overall, a very excellent event overall! We don't need those silly Chicago-ers to have a great game! Oh, and thank you NPCs for all you did for us!

With the exception of one small little thing I had a fantastic weekend. Was very sad that thanks to finals rolling in on me this week Sarah and I had to leave early. But very happy for the time we were able to be there.

- All thing's Forest's Edge, I love hanging out with you guys and running around with our "pretty" clothes. :)
- Seeing so many of the townsfolk starting to come into their own. Feeling like there are other people starting to work on forming "groups" such as the Harbor's Far folks.
- RP and engagement with Gabriel. Quite the character, I think its awesome we have such an excited bombs master! Along the same lines... Getting taught Alchemy and being pretty sure I'm going to be able to bring a whole new combat element to this character when I have Alchemy 3 the next event I can attend... :cool:
- RP and fighting alongside Gandian, I have high hopes for the future! Your excitement really shows.
- Seeing some other healers really working on getting "good" at healing. I was very impressed with Crow, and Enya(thanks for being marginally happy with my first ever rez story.)
- Doing my first ever resurrection, that is totally a part of the game I have not been involved with and it was fun to experience something now.
- All the MWE's in town! And all the other different races as well. It is a lot of fun to see all the diversity and I hope to do more MWE racial bonding/stuff in the future.
- Huge thanks to NPC's and staff, Steve, Emilyn, and Brent in particular you guys did fantastic. CRAZY awesome RP/Big Bad dealing with Steven's big Undead. OMG he watched the Ceremony and tried to "take it away" from Hengin with an Amnesia... so awesome. :)

I'm sure there are more, but this is what I can remember more. Its the great friends that I have that keep me coming back to these games. So thanks to everyone!

Amazing first event for me =).

-Being useful as a level one
-Being dominated at the mousiliem, then being waylayed by wanko to keep from killing me. Then waiting the 10 min, and getting up after almost everyone was down and almost finishing the quest with only me and wonko alive. Danm those Saplings(?)!.
-Finding out how Gabriel survived after going down while fighting the slimes. Debarg, the sneaky bastard, hadn't been noticed by the NPC's and he stealth healed Gabriel, effectively causing us to charge and turn the tide of the battle!
-Feeling like a real dwarf because of the grease and soot covering me from my chainmail
-Working side by side with the more expirenced Panda
-The dueling that we did
-The entire twidling module

I am sure there is more, but all in all it was an amazing first time LARPing

my favorite things from this event..
1:protecting a fellow adventureuer from a "50 flame slay" "take that fire lizard!"
2: seeing that it took most of the group to do that 2nd mine run."That was seriously nasty!"
3: having my silver longsword shattered during that run"dang it all!!"
4: meeting old and new players and what surprises come up.

1) Getting lost in the woods finding the mausoleum. I was so convinced that the nobleman was leading us in circles until the werewolf came and killed us all.
2) The mausoleum itself. I had so much fun doing something without a bunch of really powerful people around. We lost so horribly. I feel bad for Eviana and James dieing.
3) The barbarian claiming all the loot and then demanding 20% of the quest payment. It was something most people would not have done, but it was great roleplay and that's why I liked it.
4) Getting woken up at 9 am by a salamander attack. Although in hindsight, I might have been less cranky if I had gotten more sleep.
5) Paige and Sam- I loved playing with you guys as PCs, you're fair, level headed and good organizers. I liked your paired costumes, very neat!
6) People helping me get an Alchemist's lab. I went from having too few potions and only a weapon to fight with to being a healing machine. Too bad the earth casters were doing a much better job than I was during that mine fight.
7) The cloth man. He really pulled me into the game. "Maybe I can finally get out of this pile of laundry!"
8) The guy playing the necro obsessed nobleman. "Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear." Great job!
9) Chris (Damon) knocking out the noble and loudly announcing to the entire tavern that he had done so.

*EDIT - Adding more favorites*
1) Stumbling through the forest at night and following the noble in a circle to the mausoleum.
2) Getting killed by the werewolf and later going back to monster camp and having him tell me he was sorry he killed me. First werewolf I have ever liked! :D
3) Meeting the master blacksmith dwarf and his gypsy friend and giving her Kendra's candle to hold over the dwarf's head and shout "Get your armor fixed here!" in the mines expedition.
4) Speaking of candles and lights, I always ended up holding them. During the mausoleum I stuck a candle in my shirt so my hands would be free and another time stuck a lantern behind my cape and had a glowing behind.
5) Getting taught blacksmithing by Gandian (THANK YOU!)
6) Kobolds <3
7) When Dave bit down on a soda can tab I gave him. Poor guy :roll:
8) Coming home and finding millions of ticks in all my belongings and picking them off my body days after (none of them attached, they just hitched a ride!) :shock:
9) Oh and Gabriel, you make me smile ;)
a2rw2f.jpg

1) Coming home and -not- finding a pile of ticks on my belongings. *shudder*
2) Staying up until 7 am and feeling completely out of it while watching birds flying around and tweeting nearby.
3) Fighting that lone group of adventurers who stayed at the bottom of the hill by the streetlights the first night. It was so nice not having to swing blindly for once.
4) The whole NPC camp experience, I had fun.
5) Trying my hand at throwing packets- good practice for my next PC.
6) Oh, and fighting both physically and verbally with Gabriel as an NPC, something I will likely not experience often in char.

That was definitely 1000 times more fun than i expected but my favorite thing is how many lists above i was a part of

Kovu said:
12. Teaching Enya three levels of Earth and seeing her strong desire to cast life spells. Ya healers!

Learning three spell levels from Kovu, and wishing I could learn more. And being taught in a way that I actually STILL remember.

Gabriel blowing us up. I gave him crap for that on our way home. ^ ^

Planning on the way home with our Saint Cloud group.

Gandian and his revenge plotting.

Werewolf hunting with no spells, being charmed by the red lights and not having a weapon or anything other than a few Cure Lights.

Asa's entire plot line almost made me cry.

Running in and out of the earth circle with others that were too weak to fight the things that were chasing us. I think one was the troll.

Gabriel barreling down the hill when we all thought he would rez.

Rezzing and meeting some fantastic people: Kovu and his disciples.

Sounds like it was an awesome event. I will be at the July one.

Paul

Back