May Weekend Event Feedback

TadRon

Spellsword
Hello all :). I wanted to say that I had a great time RPing with you all this weekend. I know there were a few snags and things that I need to work on to better the next event. However, I only get to see things through the eyes of an NPC/Runner. So I am asking you all to please leave me some feedback here, or PM me, or even email me at Rathnar22@hotmail.com. I will keep anything private that you want me to, but to ensure the best game possible I need feedback from the PCs :).

So please let me know what you enjoyed about the event, and what we can work on to make the game better for you in the future.

What are your likes/dislikes about the new camp setup?

What have you liked/disliked about the Archons and Reapers so far?

Did you enjoy the story or did you think you had to follow it to much for your taste?

How did you feel about mod cards? Would you rather them be that way or more of a town board type mod hook set up?

Are you invested in any plot yet? If not is there anything of interest that we can help do in order to invest you into something?

Was there too much talking this event? Was there too much combat?

How was the level of downtime? Too much or not enough to notice?

Any other suggestions are welcomed and I will not take offense to any criticism that will help make this a better game for all who play.

That being said, I want to say that I want everybody to know in the future that we are prepared to run mods with one NPC for your group and are more than happy to accommodate multiple groups even if it seems like we are short on NPCs. Just let us know you want to split off and we will do what we can to make that happen. I saw a few town type mods happen I think for that reason so I just want everybody to know they are welcome to split the NPCs up as many times as they want.

I look forward to and encourage any and all feedback please :). Thanks for the great turn out and great event all.

Christopher

Email sent, IBGA to follow shortly

I had a great time this event! I have a lot to say but I will try to keep it short:

Favorite of the Event: Brigit's Golem / Puzzle mod. This mod had it all; Puzzles, Fighting, Traps (that fortunately didnt go off :) ), and l00tz! This was a great warm up mod for our Barbarians too. It really helped solidify how the 3 of us needed to fight together and how we were going to handle our Role Play. Just awesome. Great job, Brigit!

On to Chris's questions:

Camp: I loved the camp but didnt like all the crazy rules with the camp guy. Hopefully, he will begin to trust us a bit more as you guys rent it more.
Archons / Reavers: I liked the depth of the story. Personally, I didnt fully understand or hear what the Reaver's motivations were for attacking.
Story: Definitely enjoyed the story. Again, there is a lot of depth there. I like long and deep stories / Plot so this was fun to dive into.
Mod Cards: I think the only "mod card" we really went on was Brigit's Golem mod and that was amazing! So yes, I liked them :)
Plot: Diving into Duke Klaus's story and how it is connected to the Archons / Reavers was interesting. Thats definitely something Im interested in and will follow.
Talking vs. Combat: You guys had equal amounts of both Talking and Combat this weekend. I loved it!
Suggestions: There was a lot of spellcasters and carrier's (on certain mods) this weekend. Going on Shar's mod and fighting a repop'ing Celestial Caster, Earth Caster, and Alchemist was a bit frustrating. Fighting the Reaver & Troll & Wererat & Undead & Rogue Alchemist on Saturday, we should have town wiped twice. Now knowing that a HUGE boon was given to the majority of PCs, I think some of the spellcasting made sense but what I saw was still made me feel like it was overkill.

My other personal favorites:

Roleplaying with Heyou, Eve, Kit, Jehan: Honestly, Alison, Steve, and I thought that the big Celestial casters would have beat us down eventually. They did not and the resulting roleplay was very good. From there, we met some great Earth Casters who WILLINGLY volunteered the fact that they knew one or two Celestial spells. They also accepted when we told them that they could no longer be invested in the Earth Circle. All in all, it was great role play. Also, Heyou makes great potions!

Brigit's Role Play: I was throughly impressed with Brigit's role play this weekend. Every character, every monster, every thing she came out as had their own unique story or style or role play. Going from a proper Countess to flirtatious Gypsy to aggressive Ogre, she nailed every role and then some. When Ceros told Pyxis that the Female Ogre slapped the Sheriff on the face and said "Sleep tight, Sheriff" after knocking him down, I was laughing until I was crying. Great job, Brigit!

Mod prep time: Prepping for mods usually takes a very long time. It was SEAMLESS this weekend. You guys did a great job on everything. I dont think I ever waited longer than like 15 minutes for a mod which blows me away. Whatever system you guys are using for that, its working fantasticly!

The Tireless NPCs: All you guys did a fantastic job. Thank you SO VERY MUCH for entertaining us all weekend! I was so damn tired on Saturday night that I fell asleep on the Tavern floor in about 1.5 seconds. Just awesome!

Thats about it for me! All in all, this was the best Traverse City event I have ever been to. Thank you all for that!!

GJ

I also had a great time at the event! Of all the events I have been to in Traverse, this was by far my favorite. My feedback for the event is very similar to Gj's.

My favorite mod of the weekend was Brigit's puzzle mod! I felt that it had a great mix of thinking and fighting and was very well thought out. I love love love puzzle mods so it was a great start to the weekend. I also really liked that she hooked us on it within 15 minutes of us walking in to game. It gave us something to get involved in right away.

I think Brigit deserves a giant pat on the back for her role play this weekend. Every character she played had a distinct personality and looked great. Awesome job Brigit!!!

All of the NPCs and plot people did a great job throughout the weekend. Costuming and make-up looked great, wait time for mods was short and seamless, and information flow was pretty constant. Your hard work really showed and I am excited to continue interacting with all of you.

I had a lot of fun role playing with many of the PCs as well. Jehyu was a blast! Defnitely my favorite PC of the weekend. I also had a lot of fun encounters with Kit, Jehan, Eve, and Alhana. I am excited to continue building our love/hate relationships with all of the celestial scholars.

To answer Chris's questions:

Camp: I love the new camp. Having multiple PC cabins is great and the tavern was really nice. The grounds are beautiful and the access to bathrooms and showers was wonderful. I felt like you guys really utilized it well. Every mod I went on was in a different location which was great. My only negative with the camp is the camp guy. Hopefully he will loosen up a little as we continue to play there. Also, his dog gives flying head butts.

Archons/Reapers: I feel like I got a pretty good generalized idea of what their ultimate motivation is but I am excited to learn more about them individually. I haven't yet formed a personal attachment/hate towards the big bad guys but as we continue through the story I think I will.

Story: I am definitely enjoying the story thus far. Keep the information and disinformation coming!!!

Mod Cards: I wasn't aware that there were mods cards out there. I may have missed it at PC talk because I was preoccupied with figuring out where I was going to smoke. I did see one for a portal on the main road but I didn't notice any others out in the woods. I also wasn't actively looking. I like finding them in the woods as well as a board type set up. Either way works for me.

Plot: I can't say there is one specific plot thing I am invested in as of right now. However, being that it was your first event with the new storyline and my first event playing Ara, I wouldn't expect to be super invested in anything yet. I think within a few events I will be able to answer that question better :yes:

Talking/Combat: I felt like it was a perfect mix of both!

Downtime: I didn't feel like there was too much downtime this weekend. Anytime we wanted to go do something, you guys set it up right away and we went! The amount of downtime this event was a vast improvement from previous events. If something urgent had come up on Saturday night I think we would all have rallied despite being dead tired.

It was a great event and I am very much looking forward to playing in June!!!!

Hey Guys and Gals,

Awesome time in TC, I look forward to getting more into the plot and figuring out the rich plot i know you guys are pushing. I really had a great time and wanted to make sure plot and npcs knew, my level of growing frustration was that of my character feeling completely unprepared to deal with the losses he is experiencing. This plot is shooting his new found self control full of holes and I struggled not to go nuts a few times which is great.

I love the new cabins and comfy beds. I love the close-by shower house and OMG Amy with a full kitchen....SQEEEEE!!! My one complaints and they may be offbase if any is the lack of field available for field battles, the long walk to MC from PCdom which will cause more action down by the Tavern and somewhat less by the PC cabins. Then again you guys have so much energy that I might wanna just wait and see. :)

What have you liked/disliked about the Archons and Reapers so far?

IG- HAAAAAAATTTTTTTTEEEEEEE! You have my King, My Queen, my lands under siege and you are killing one of my only friends...I am now motivated properly.
OOG- I dig the NPC "allies" that we don't understand fully and that might not have our best interest at hearts. It may be a bit confusing for us PCs in the short run and that can be a bit rough on the players but in the long run will be all the more awesome.

Did you enjoy the story or did you think you had to follow it to much for your taste?

I am enjoying what I've come to understand but feeling a bit outmatched in knowledge due to my absence. Fortunately there are a few players (SHAR especially) that really stepped up to explain things. I was at first a bit let down that I didn't manage to work out the "big epic strike" but I think, on further consideration, the idea of Jehan needing to grind an enemy down before serving them up a can of evocation is a great story from a plot perspective and I might have wanted to figure that out sooner so my fault.

How did you feel about mod cards? Would you rather them be that way or more of a town board type mod hook set up?

I like mod cards, I like hooked mods, and I like job set ups...I prefer a mix of all of it.

Are you invested in any plot yet? If not is there anything of interest that we can help do in order to invest you into something?

See Message to Frost Fang Pass on IG Forums :)

Naw, I felt there was great RP and some decent combats.

I think this was about right for me since I was trying to get a grip on the plot and figure stuff out.

Some Favorites:

Baron Garoth ordering me through my tears to cast a ritual- That was EPIC for me! In general working more closely with Garoth was just fun.

Arkamedes and the Love Poison brought a good bit of humor to a tense fight.

Epic Slade Punk Stomp!

I got to cast rituals...oh and Ahlana owes me money (ward fee unpaid) :p

The Goblin Mod and the Pantsless King Fight.

Blowing up my sword to try to save a friend...and failing :(

Rping with all the new faces to me like Shar (filling up the spellstore over and over) Kaillen (sp) (great ideas just good rp thanks), and of course Squishy.

Rping with the MVTs (Most Valuable Tribesmen) especially Ceres when I had just hopped in my Golem and was sparing with Ark"Has Jehan finally lost control? does he need to be destroyed?!" :funny:

Eve Sleeping on the Rit casting Box.

Overall, great start to the season for me and I cannot wait to come back. This was a solid event and everyone was thrilled on the ride back.

Great times, I really enjoyed some of the rps and combats. Loved the MVTs you guys actually have convinced me to crumble my guildies retired character (barbarian in a golem), same thing with the earth circle investment rp. Lot of fun teaching Raaz as well.

What are your likes/dislikes about the new camp setup? I agree finding atleast on good sized field for wave battles and field fights would be good. Sure there is one we just didnt find it. The shower and kitchen set up was great, as was the two cabins. Having decent beds and a side room for rps was pretty sweet.

What have you liked/disliked about the Archons and Reapers so far? I actually really like the fact they are two sides of the same coin just one side is perverted. I feel like they are going to be a really rich thing.

Did you enjoy the story or did you think you had to follow it to much for your taste? Apocalypse, enslavement of everyone, sliver of hope...all a good base for future plot

How did you feel about mod cards? Would you rather them be that way or more of a town board type mod hook set up? I love the idea of mod cards, I would say they worked well enough. Going to reserve judgement on this till I see how they play out better.

Are you invested in any plot yet? If not is there anything of interest that we can help do in order to invest you into something? Not really invested in anything besides the main plot yet, but I am sure I will be.

Was there too much talking this event? Was there too much combat? The event was a good mix of rp and combat. I felt most npcs had a good flavor and felt rich even the ones who really most likely are one shot npcs. I have to say I felt everyone did a good job of staying IG, felt like people stayed emersed well.

Good blend of large scale combat, random encounters, and rp. Plus just enough down time for good rp.

I want to thank you all for such quick, and amazing feedback. I am proud to have the opportunity for our team to run for you and can't wait for you all to start digging into the meat of some of the problems next market day. :)

For anybody who hasn't posted yet, or emailed me, please continue to do so. This will help make next event everything we as NPCs and you as PCs want out of the game :). Thanks again all.

Loved the barbarians, I would say your names but I'd slaughter them haha. Room Clearer! In and Out!

One of my fav moments was saturday night when everyone was starting to go to bed, and we had two people (unknown named npc's) and we asked them to leave. They looked kinda shady, but they left. I sat and waited behind the door, so I was not in line of sight for them to come back when everyone fell asleep. Heard someone slowly coming in the cabin, and got my polearm ready and my cauliflower ready in my other hand and was about to reign down some arcane confines. Door slowly creaks open I raise my spell hand and I see a head with horns at first and was confused and then Shar turned and looked at me. Was that close to pelting you with spells.

Watching Ogre's read/interpret from Rooks journal was pretty funny.

Actually saving a werewolf and not having it rip our throats out

Learning to communicate with a specter and then almost dieing from it, Raynn saving me from a paralysis, and then me saving him back in the last seconds of his death count.

Love the camp. It adds a hint of mystery for me, since I have always known the Boy Scout camp pretty well this is like being placed in an area I have never seen.

I like the main story even though I like side stories a little more :) they seem easier to get involved in.

Loved the mod cards keep doing it, it felt almost like an easter egg hunt, and they if we put them on a board it wont feel as though people come across them at random which I like.

I feel as though I am invested in some plot between being sorta Dark Fae cursed, making friends with werewolves, and even though I am not sure what's going on with the elders I feel invested because I am one of their champions but I have not seen it come to fruition just yet.

It seemed like the right mix, sometimes over others. Like when Joe played the specter for us I loved that because in reality this specter just wanted to kill us but we were still able to communicate with it for a good 5 mins face to face with it circling us.

The level of downtime was good, there were times we chose to sit down, but if people wanted to do stuff they could get up and do it that felt great, rather then the plot and combat running to us we had to go to it which I am sure made people feel more involved.

Chris I will send you an email once our group talks some more.

Thank you everyone who attended specially the out of towners and the npc's thanks for making a great event.
-Alex

I apologize if I upset people by not posting my initial responses here. I have seen too many times people just agree with the people before them instead of posting their own thoughts. Didn't want to start that trend so sent an email and mentioned it here so they would go read it. I figured favorites would be a different thread...I would have started one last night but I was rather distracted all evening.

Sadly I missed a HUGE chunk of the event due to work. A few faves tho

Instant army.
Organizing everything in a matter of days was rough. Next gather will be much more organized (and more props!)

MVT. I love you guys. You present a very unique challenge for me.

Ark. yay for new friends

Talking strategy with Garroth.

RP with everyone. I was super immersed in rp with a lot of different pcs/npcs. Quite often, I'd get two sentences into a conversation and someone else was calling me name.

Magic Lock! WooT! I got this!

~Anique

also.
Jehan, if you want paid for the ward that's fine dear...but I seem to recall us sharing

I'll post a few quick favorites, and send a more detailed report via e-mail as soon as I recover at work for having the audacity to not work over the weekend ^>^.

1.) Top favorite had to be hearing Jehan defend Jehyu's purchasing habits to Derrick in the back ground
2.) Getting to see folks I have a harder time making it out to see.
3.) Dinner - Was the perfect mix to hit the spot and there was plenty to go around.
4.) New recipes - I'm waiting to see how the actual cost structure works out, ~5 gold in components to make a batch might mean it's hard to turn a profit, but I'm looking forward to finding out.
5.) Shortest ground time ever, rarely has my Rabbit been picked up that efficiently, great teamwork!
6.) Getting my first magic Hare Accessory (I'm a sucker for a pun)
7.) I like the archon/reaver conflict, although that seems more like a Turtlekin plot line than for my Rabbit.
8.) The new site has a lot of potential, all the structures could make for some great plot locations.
9.) Managed to end the game with 4 cloak Battle magics left ^.^ Huzzah cowardly rabbits.
10.) Another Predatorkin met and befriended, they seem to follow my Rabbit.

<just real quick, from work>

I had a blast, from the NPC side of things. I loved the event. Excellent seeing new PC's, and players. Defiantely starting to feel like the Midwest is gelling together. (July Chicago invasion)

On a completely selfish note, it was really cool to see my wife having so much fun NPC-ing.

There were a few logistical hang-ups that bothered me. (not 'Logistics') Not having treasure ready for some mods was frustrating. It was our own fault, but having mods spawn kinda organically makes it tough to prepare.

Monster camp is awesome, but really far away. Makes it a little difficult to get the pulse of the town, and be preparing the next thing. Although I need to lose some winter fat anyway, so meh. Oh can we get that door unlocked?

The Elder gifts. I really like the idea, but we really need to post something up to explain how they work. I am not sure everyone realised they are spellcrafted 1/e's. Not actual once evers. We don't want to be flooding other chapters with random Cloak BM's. I'm not sure if the gifts overall are having the effect we intended, but Elders are a fickle bunch.

Personally, I haven't NPC'd in a while, so I know I had some claw fighting issues, especially against polearms. I'll be working on that.

See everyone in June. Rust is off, prepare yourselves.

-Joe

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who helped run the game.

Bridget, thank you for the mods that you wrote and ran, as well as all the great characters and costumes you presented. You added great depth to the weekend.

Joe, thank you for being an awesome field runner. You gave the plots a sense of personality and humanity. The weekend had more heart because of you.

Mike, thank you for bringing characters to life to round out the town. Your characters added an rp element to the event, and your experience helped keep keep combat mods dynamic.

Chris, thank you for being the NPC quarterback that kept the game moving. You were a driving force that gave the whole weekend momentum.

Amy and Dave, thank you for all of the assistance setting up camp, running logistics, and the great food. You are the unsung heroes that are the flip side of plot.

The event could not run without all of you.

I don't exactly have much to compare the event to. it seemed like the basement was never used though. I learned more at pondarosa that pretty much ate up the questions I was going to ask.

Back