Meanie Meanie Tall Guy!!!

Eldandiril

Scout
Chicago Staff
The tall guy, he cheated in his duel..... he didn't keep his word and beat up Roy.... Roy not shoulda been killed or beat up or put in the magic stopping spell cause the tall guys friends cheated!!!

Especially that colorful elf.... I haz pixie box proof!!!

Happy Happy Joy Joy,
Dori
Keeper of the Pixie Box Prizes

I'm sorry. I was there and I saw it as well. He did cheat. You are right Dori.

Cerria

My first mate use to tell me, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin', an' if you get caught, you weren't tryin' hard enough." If you in a fight, d'ere's de winner and de loser, do what it take not to be de latter kin' is my way of t'inkin.

~Raif

Roy won the duel... he had King Cazik on the ground and that really tall red guy attacked king cazik... roy tried to defend him and finish the duel but someone hit Roy in the shineys and down went roy... no...roy didnt lose.... Roy wants a rematch!

Pit
Redband Goblin

Come now! Just because i took that moment to get some sleep, doesn't mean you were in any better position that when we first started the duel.

If Roy wants a rematch, I guess i'll think about giving him one. Perhaps...it should be noted. that...Fey should be kept out of duels of any sort. not because i don't like them, but merely because... well...they get in the way.

Cazik, Master swordsmen and All around greatest of kings of the Myst shrouded isle's

Cazik said:
Come now! Just because i took that moment to get some sleep, doesn't mean you were in any better position that when we first started the duel.

If Roy wants a rematch, I guess i'll think about giving him one. Perhaps...it should be noted. that...Fey should be kept out of duels of any sort. not because i don't like them, but merely because... well...they get in the way.

Cazik, Master swordsmen and All around greatest of kings of the Myst shrouded isle's

Come now Cazik. You were bested. Anything else is just a lie. Dramthin stepped in because he didn't want to see you die, and was assassinated for it. The fae didn't do anything to interfere, just capture the truth. Really, they should have charged to view what they captured, but not everyone can be good in business. Nonetheless - you lost Cazik. You fought dishonorably, using loopholes. If you really think you are such a great fighter, you should use only the tools your opponent uses. I didn't see Roy use magic whatsoever.

Garmok

Deputy - I find it odd that you are chastising Yeace for his conduct during an "honour duel" when not a day earlier you purportedly used most churlish techniques when besting that boy from your village. I stepped into Yeace' conflict because I would not have him killed, this is true. I'm more than willing to let "honour duels" run their quaint course, but I will not have murder committed in front of my eyes. War is not play, and it should not be treated as such.

Though, I do agree about one thing: Fae should resolve to keep their ears in their own interests lest they themselves a few lobes short.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Dram, ye're makin' sense again. That becomin' a habit? It is a bloody good joke ta hear a greenskin who spent time playin' dead ta get an advantage in 'honorable' combat 'gainst one've his own givin' a guy guff fer doin' tha same.

-Padraig

Mobius said:
Deputy - I find it odd that you are chastising Yeace for his conduct during an "honour duel" when not a day earlier you purportedly used most churlish techniques when besting that boy from your village. I stepped into Yeace' conflict because I would not have him killed, this is true. I'm more than willing to let "honour duels" run their quaint course, but I will not have murder committed in front of my eyes. War is not play, and it should not be treated as such.

Though, I do agree about one thing: Fae should resolve to keep their ears in their own interests lest they themselves a few lobes short.

Master Hartsboon,

I ask you this - who are you to step in and interrupt a duel that Cazik asked for, planned for, and knew, while in his right mind, that he was risking his life, in an attempt at great reward - the throne of the Goblin people. I was prepared to die in my duel. No one stepped in during my duel, and that was expected. When you're in a duel such as this, you do certain things. I was wrong to "possum" during the duel. That is true. Cazik was wrong to start using magic in his, as well. You were wrong to interfere. If Cazik found the price he would be willing to be willing to risk resurrection, so be it. I found mine. Everyone has theirs.

Padraig,

I am no "greenskin". I'm a high orc. You'd be better served to recognize the difference.

Deputy Garmok Stoneskull Rockfist

Deputy Rockfist - Who am I to stop senseless depravity and murder? I am a Master of Wayside with respect for the law and the sanctity of spiritual life. If Yeace had succeeded in his 'honour duel', I would have stepped in to stop him killing a hapless goblin; if I had been present at your 'honour duel' I would have done the same to stop the mortal blow, no matter who was delivering the strike. There is enough death and blood soaking the fields of Briarpass without well meaning spirits murdering eachother. Not only do I personally feel 'honour duels' achieve nothing but thin the ranks of our allies, but officially I am called to intercede in any situation which might lead to murder. I can't stop honourable fools from meeting in the depths of the woods for ritual killing, but I can sure as chaos do so when they're hacking about in the common room of Jara's tavern.

And, really, Padraig, "green-skin"? You know better than that.

Mobius said:
Deputy Rockfist - Who am I to stop senseless depravity and murder? I am a Master of Wayside with respect for the law and the sanctity of spiritual life. If Yeace had succeeded in his 'honour duel', I would have stepped in to stop him killing a hapless goblin; if I had been present at your 'honour duel' I would have done the same to stop the mortal blow, no matter who was delivering the strike. There is enough death and blood soaking the fields of Briarpass without well meaning spirits murdering eachother. Not only do I personally feel 'honour duels' achieve nothing but thin the ranks of our allies, but officially I am called to intercede in any situation which might lead to murder. I can't stop honourable fools from meeting in the depths of the woods for ritual killing, but I can sure as chaos do so when they're hacking about in the common room of Jara's tavern.

And, really, Padraig, "green-skin"? You know better than that.

Master Hartsboon,

You may see an honor duel as senseless depravity, but they are protected under the law. When an honor duel is begun, it is, in a sense, a contract between two people, with either person promised certain spoils if certain conditions are met. There is no law prohibiting such contracts in Wayside, and as such, are protected. Therefore - honor duels to the death are as legal and binding, and in your case Master Hartsboon, distasteful, as any other contract. Interfering with a legally agreed upon contract could be considered a breach of the law, and a fineable offense. I will be enforcing this in the future.

If you believe yourself the desire to uphold the law, you may want to reconsider your position, as you are 100% wrong in your position, from a legal point of view. You claim to be an elf espousing freedom and choice, yet you have spoken that you feel you have the right to interfere with others' choices, when they bring no harm except to those directly involved, by choice? As a Master of Wayside, you do not have that right. It is a position of political leadership, and shows the right to own land and have it passed on through the generations. It is not a position of moral superiority, from which you can talk down to those around you.

Now, if this browbeating of the town by Master Hartsboon is going to continue, I think I need some pie and a drink.

Deputy Garmok Stoneskull

Deputy Rockfist - I will buy you that pie and that drink. For two reasons: one, you have offered a lucid and supportable argument, one which did not amount to threats, aggression, or name-calling - it is commendable and I would others emulate your cool and intelligent response; two, you'll need to nurse your wounded pride as I explain where this argument fails.

Contracts do not protect breaches of the law. Assault is illegal, murder is illegal, therefore any contract with either of these actions as their root are also illegal and, therefore, moot. If what you're offering was the true lay of the Law, Assassination would sanctionable as all one would need do is write a contract where one party receives payment and the other party receives services rendered. I would suspect this is not the cause you forward.

Deputy, understand, while I feel 'honour duels' are pointless, I do not stop them so far as they do not result in death. Adventurers are hot-headed and sometimes need to blow off steam - waving swords about is a good a method as any. If people wish to bash eachother about the head instead of cooly conversing, as we are doing here, I will not impede their "duel". However, that duel ends when one combatant is defenseless or mortally wounded.

You are, of course, welcome to petition Arbor for Death Duels to be sanctioned in Briarpass, but I will thwart you as best I can.

You should take a page from the books of Gaden, and have an officially recognized style of dueling that does not result in needless bloodshed. Just a thought from a visitor.

Asa
Duelist of Gaden

Deputy Garmock,
I regret to say that there is another flaw in your argument regarding the sanctity of duels - you yourself interfered. It was you who stepped in to slay the Goblin King thus facilitating the farce of an ending to the duel. Yes, Dramthin was struck down by the Goblin for his own interference first but by your own argument this was perfectly acceptable since the Goblin was only defending his right to end the duel as previously agreed. I agree Dramthin should not have interfered, but I also agree with Dramthin that there is no need for such duels to end in death. I understand why he stepped in and I have not heard him complain about the consequences he was paid for his decision. Nevertheless Cazak agreed to the duel and it's terms in advance. It's clear that Cazak should stop this pretending to the Goblin Throne, admit his loss and apologize for his actions. If you were to assist him in doing so I think it may help Briarpass regain some of the honor it has lost over this matter.

Kyrie

I have to agree with Kyrie on this. Besides ruling over the goblins doesn't seem right for an outsider especially since we haven't had any real big problems with them save for a few groups that are to wired and looking to earn some shinnies. If Casak needs to hold on to this title so badly, he will just have to try again later, however death duels shouldn't be one of the options. It doesn't take alot to intimidate people with force, but death should be a last resort and not the first option.

Agreed.

I disagree Cazik.
The Goblins are not likely to let this rest.
Unless you do what is right I predict that this is far from over.

-Kyrie

Good idea blue feather lady!

RED ARMS! CCCHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roy!

Back