Meanwhile in Eastlands

Alkalin3

Knight
Horns sounded.

Everyone in the city was suddenly alert to danger.

The armies of Dragonreach began to assemble.

A Dark Elf in Blue and White appeared on a horse, at his side rode a Lizard with bronze scales. They began to chat.

Men soon gathered around them. Wearing blue and white and red, black and gold.

Suddenly all the men got to their knees, as the King of Dragonreach approached on horseback.

Quickly the men got back to what they were doing preparing for some kind of engagement.

"How many men can do you we have right now?" Lycergis asked.

The Dark Elf scanned the area and counted in his head.

"Only 800. Another 1000 might be able to meet us over the next week." Count Minmatsu said.

Lycergis frowned. "That might not be enough, run me through what's happening again."

"A giant group of Fire Elementals is moving as a single unified large blaze towards our borders to the west. If they continue to move given their speed they'll make it here to the Capitol in 5 weeks time. But, they'll destroy everything in their way."

Lycergis narrowed his eyes. "It seems like they have intelligence. We haven't seen that before in this engagement. And some kind of goal. Something is guiding them."

Ko looked at him and nodded. "I had that thought as well."

"Let's move forward. We can put up a defense prior to them entering the kingdom. The road that enters Dragonreach is built in a valley, we can bottleneck them there. We'll risk the least at that point. Let's hope for our sake they're intelligent".

The armies of Dragonreach marched forward for several days.

Early in the morning horns sound off on a beautifully clear day. The sky is a crisp blue, and the only thing that can be seen are clouds of smoke a ways away.

Just as Lycergis had predicted, a giant singular wall of flames had made its way down the road and into the valley.

Ko had the men at ready. The archer's arrows knocked. Now all they waited for was the notice to fire.

"Hold" Lycergis said. The walls of flame came closer then stopped and waited.

Then Lycergis did something he rarely does. He smirked.

"Have the men hold. If things turn out badly hold them here until reinforcements come. I'm going to bargain with it."

Lycergis road forward. He crossed the distance without incident and stopped before the wall.

"I wish to treat, you have violated our sovereign territory. But, I will make you an offer once. Your leader fights me here and now alone. If he can best me I will invite him to stay her eon this plane. You'll all no longer be in violation of your accords.. If he fails to best me, he will be treated like anyone who stands against Dragonreach."

A booming laughter is heard through the walls of flame. And a large pillar of file spouts up and makes its way forward.

Lycergis steps down from his horse and looks up as this creature's giant body of flames comes to meet Lycergis.

Beads of sweat drip down Lycergis's face as the full force of the heat begins to hit him.

lycergis.png

The booming voice hits Lycergis again. "You believe you can beat me in combat? You fool. Brushfire agrees to your terms." With that the large flame elemental lashes out at Lycergis. The old man is barely able to get his shield up in time to block the large barrage of fire. His shield holds up to another 3 hits from the fire elemental until Lycergis is knocked down. All at once the elemental pounces on him. Lycergis quickly rolls to his side to move out of the way. Despite his age he’s able to get back on his feet quickly, and his sword is drawn now.

Tempus Terminus gleams against the light of the sun. Almost too much to look at. The elemental regroups itself and prepares for another attack. Lycergis again blocks 3 more blasts of fire coming from the elemental.

The elemental begins to grow in size, heating the air in the area up. Lycergis cuts low with a single strike of his sword and cuts into the large mass of flames.

The pillar wobbles a bit, and laughter booms once more.

"You made a mistake" The pillar announces.

"I fear it is you has made the mistake" Lycergis says. A raindrop hits his sword and it sizzles.

The sun begins to dim as something has obscured it. Another raindrop hits the ground. Then another, and another. Rain comes down, light at first then harder.

Brushfire screams out in anger and lashes the closest thing it has to an arm at Lyrcergis. With another gleam of Tempus Terminus it's removed from the rest of the pillar and hits the watery ground and quickly turns to steam.

The pillar of fire screams out in pain and attempts to strike at Lycergis again. Again it finds another piece of itself removed.

"You've lost." Lightning crackles and the boom of thunder is heard.

"You have agreed to my terms. This is where you permanently die, do you have any last words?" Lycergis says with a emotionless face.

"You fool, you don't have the power to carry out that sentence. Go ahead put your sword through me. I'll just reform on the plane of fire"

Lycergis's sword strikes and the fire elemental turns to dust.

Tempus Terminus gleams and Brushfire appears smaller then before.

"What? How!?" He announces but, the response to his question is another strike from the King's sword.

Again the sword gleams, the elemental appears, and again he's struck down. Each time appearing smaller and weaker. This happens 13 times total. On the last time, Lycergis simply put his boot over the small flame Brushfire had become and twisted his foot into the mud extinguishing it. He sheathed his sword and whistled. His horse came to him.

He rode back to his men just as the wall of flame broken into 1000's of different fire elementals.

Lycergis reaches Ko and says "it appears the sword works".

We should have no problem holding our lines here now.

Back