Medieval Shoes - Viking Leather Crafts Review

Hey all,

I just gotta a pair of shoes from www.vikingleathercrafts.com. I've worn them for one event so far. They are reasonably priced, VERY authentic and super comfortable. I have little comment on durability yet, as I've only worn them for 2 days. I did, however, put them through the ringer in that time and they seem fine. Those that no me, know I play pretty hardcore and put a lot of stress on my shoes (I tend to run through mud and creeks and such). I got them with vibram soles ($10 extra), though next time I might get the lug soles ($25 extra) as the vibram was a little slippery on the wet grass, but very good on everything else.

The ones I got were about $100 with shipping. If they prove to be durable, these will certainly be considered money well spent.

Scott

Nice... what country code is their shoe sizes in? (I don't know anyone with size 14 in North American shoe size - 13 is already pretty gigantic. I'm 11.5 and I have a hard time finding 12s in most stores.)

EDIT: Found my answer after a little digging;
These shoes run true to US sizes

MathGwyson said:
Nice... what country code is their shoe sizes in? (I don't know anyone with size 14 in North American shoe size - 13 is already pretty gigantic. I'm 11.5 and I have a hard time finding 12s in most stores.)

EDIT: Found my answer after a little digging;
These shoes run true to US sizes

Maybe people just have small feet in Canada. I have 13s and know more than a few people with 13s. Most stores carry them in the US. I know a few people with larger (and most of them are in the SCA, which this store caters to).

Scott

Duke Frost said:
Maybe people just have small feet in Canada.

Scott

After going to GenCon for 4 years I can emphatically state that Americans, in general, are larger than Canadians.

Breten said:
Duke Frost said:
Maybe people just have small feet in Canada.

Scott

After going to GenCon for 4 years I can emphatically state that Americans, in general, are larger than Canadians.

Are you calling us fat? :)

I was waiting for that, lol. Some definitely. But we got fatties up here, and I used to be one of 'em. I meant mostly height and body frame. Some of the guys I hang out with are big dudes and make guys here like Mythic look average in comparison. But it's not surprising when you go down there and see the portion sizes and costs of said portions.

Just as an example my first year in 2008, I wen to the Macdonalds that was in the Hyatt, and ordered a Large Diet Coke. What I got was a size that would be classified as an extra large if I were up here, a size not on the menu at all. It seems that most of the drink sizes scale up in the USA. Our Medium is your small, our large your medium etc. And, what I would have paid $5 for up here also only cost me $2 down there, despite our dollars being at roughly par.

Yeah, but McD's (or any fast food joints) is not that which our portions should be measured by. :) I used to hit Toronto and Windsor every other weekend and the real restaurant portions were the same as in Detroit.

I just use that as an example. Steak & Shake, St. Elmos and the other places along there all had huge portions compared to what I am used to.

Back