Meeting of Houses

I am opening my home to the heads of the various brotherhoods, houses, and guilds commonly recognized by the adventuring community. I will bring my personal Vardo into town in about two weeks, and wish to have a frank exchange of information. After talking briefly with Eli and Kauss this last weekend, it has become apparent that each of our houses may have more information to share then the rest of us are even aware exists, and so it is in our common interest to combine our resources and share what we know.

I would like one representative from each house to attend, in the very least, someone from Eli's group, Kauss' group, Polare's group, the Brotherhood of the Star, the Earth Guild, and House Zodiac. I would prefer leaders, but if someone is sent in their stead, they must be well informed.

My hospitality is extended to only one person per house, no more. I want the group small enough to remain productive. I would also like to keep the meeting as brief as possible, I am sure everyone has matters to attend to. Please do not enter my house with weapons or alchemy drawn, and discharge your mana. My front room will be Warded, and I will offer Investment to the group once we are convened. Some refreshments will be provided. Specific times and exact days to be determined. Please let us know that you will participate and who you will send.

~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi

A few additional comments in response to a number of questions.
1: By groups "commonly recognized by the adventuring community" I meant groups like those I listed. I am not in need of a representative from the Magistratum, the Ducal Guard, or any other state, merchant, or military group. The people who commonly stay in and around the Adventurer's Quarter tend to have greater then average faculties for dealing with unfortunate situations and tend to form groups of like-minded individuals. If you believe that describes your group, send me a message. Additionally, if I did not name your group specifically, please don't be offended.
2: I would still like the people whom I have already spoken to about this to attend. Where I have the information, I would prefer a first hand account be shared with the group.
3: The exact date and time relies primarily on how busy the town is the night I arrive. If I could schedule a slow hour with the fates to be sure we would not suddenly be under siege, I would do so. As it is, my preference is some time after dinner the first night I arrive and after I've had time to stake down the Vardo and memorize the Wards.
4: I am not asking Sir Shikar, Ambassador Kauss, Ambassador Polare, etc. to meet with me. I want representatives of 'adventuring' houses to attend, not representatives of countries.
5: No, it had not occurred to me that Barbarian or Biata representatives might be uncomfortable in my house. Unless it comes up, I don't intend to make provisions for that situation.
6: You are, of course, welcome to share your own hospitality with the group.

I have received two requests in 8 hours, this looks to be shaping up quickly. Please contact me with additional questions as you have them, and let me know that you will attend.
~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi

I will try to be there (you must understand it will be a busy weekend for me!); if not I, then Avaran will be there in my stead.

-Polare

I left the Crossroads Sunday evening, and am only traveling a few days out. By the time I park, wait out my Ward, and return to the Crossroads, it should be Friday morning. I would like to do this as soon as possible, but I know these sorts of plans frequently go to pot on Friday nights. Additionally, I am trying to avoid the festivities, but I am not sure at what time of day they will be. I am considering Saturday morning, since that is generally the slowest time of the day, as far as unexpected events go. I am not sure if the Fuzzy Mugs will be serving breakfast or lunch that day, but if they are, then I'd like to meet after the former and before the latter. I do not want the hour too late or too early, how does around 10 bells sound?
~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi

Then someone from your house is welcome, bringing our total so far to five. Where I doubt you have any completely new information to present since you have been out of the area, I know that you have been in contact with a number of people and have been working to further efforts in resolving the primary issue I wish to discuss. In the very least, being at the meeting will get everyone up to speed equally. In the coming months, maintaining an increased level of communication between the houses should prove very effective in zeroing in on the source of our problem. Together we may shine a light on that which has only darkness to protect it.
~Kerjal Obcidian Laetshi

I will also be available, please inquire at the gild-house. You may leave a message for me thier.

~Nye

Excellent, thank you all for getting back to me. Our total is now seven, including everyone here and Solomon. I was hoping that Eli would join us since he had his own tidbits to share, but no word as of yet. Other then he and Kauss, I think we've got the bulk of the community covered. Since no one has objected, I assume that about 10 on Saturday morning is amenable to everyone.
I'll make final arrangements a day or two before I arrive to make sure nothing has changed or come up. Nye, I'm not sure what additional information you will need in your golden house. If anyone has any further questions, feel free to ask.
~Kerjal

obcidian;19195 said:
I was hoping that Eli would join us since he had his own tidbits to share

Our house will send someone.

-Shikar

If? IF?! Get off yer sorry bearded butts and do it already! Sheesh.

Kerjal, I must bow out of the meeting. I hadn't previously made the connection that Polare's wedding was the same weekend. Due to my connection to Thato, I do not want to risk being anywhere near a wedding. I'll be avoid Crossroads entirely. My apologies, and I would greatly appreciate being brought up to speed on current events when I am able to arrive in the future.

Aziraphel;19357 said:
Kerjal, I must bow out of the meeting. I hadn't previously made the connection that Polare's wedding was the same weekend. Due to my connection to Thato, I do not want to risk being anywhere near a wedding. I'll be avoid Crossroads entirely. My apologies, and I would greatly appreciate being brought up to speed on current events when I am able to arrive in the future.

Aziraphel,

Please don't feel you need to avoid the area due to the wedding. Thado shouldn't be an issue there. I would much rather have you at the wedding as a guest than otherwise!

-Polare

Two updates:
The first is for everyone:
As I had previously stated, I am near the Crossroads at this time. I had believed that that was where the wedding would take place, but apparently I was mistaken, and it is located at the Di'Orsini Estate in the north. Since that is the case, I am not entirely certain that I will be able to get my Vardo to the location. I am looking for a gate or a rift at this time large enough to bring it through, but I may not be able to find one in time. If that is the case, I would still like to have this gathering, but I will be unable to offer the accommodations I previously indicated. If anyone else is similarly stranded in the Crossroads this coming weekend, find me quickly, I may be casting a Spirit Walk ritual in order to make it to the Wedding.

The second is primarily for Aziraphel:
Thato may not be in a position at this time to deal with any mortal affairs, that is one of the issues I wish to discuss. Perdiccio just had a rather unfortunate experience, and Thato may be in danger of the same. Additionally, it is my understanding that the fey have less power farther from the Crossroads, and it seems the Wedding will be far from them. I understand your apprehension, but you are still more then welcome at my table.

~Kerjal

Polare, Kerjal,

I appreciate being made to feel so welcome. However, the more I look at the situation, and my deal with Thato I just feel its unwise to push it. My presence near a wedding could get his attention, which could set off a chain of events that could be bad for him, and me and maybe others.

Kerjal, if you could update me on what is learned at the meeting, I'd appreciate it. I will be back up there, and will get to work on helping out with local problems.

Be well, gentlemen.

*sounds of feminine giggling in the background, cut off abruptly* Vat! Polare is for getting married and no one is for telling Papa? Oy! Vell, I guess I had better be for finding ze vay for getting ze Kris up there...

Papa! I told you about the wedding in January, do you not remember? I know Papa likes his drink, but I didn't think he had that much to drink the evening after the engagement party!

-Polare

Back