Meltith Spring Awakening Tourney

JanSnow607

The Dutchy of Meltith(2).png

For those of our adventuring ilk who are not able to see the poster:
I share with you a flier for the Spring Awakening Tourney, presented by the Duchy of Meltith and hosted by Squire Gregor of House Korab. The tourney will take place on Saturday of our upcoming market at noon.

There will be two portions: a dueling contest of bracketed one-on-one exhibitions (the brackets will be set the day of the tourney so we welcome late entries) and a grand free-for-all melee. In accordance with Meltith dueling traditions the combat will be to first cut in both cases. The dueling contest will default to combat with single sword until one of the opponents scores two victories in a row unless otherwise negotiated by opponents (for example if you and your opponent would rather use a different combination of weapons or face each other to nine cuts as we did in the Rathfallian tourney; I will moderate these negotiations).

Loaner swords will be available. I will not take part in the fights. Through gracious sponsorship of the Linnean Merchant Council, the victor of the dueling portion will receive a sword and the Skull of Lich Green, which can be kept as a trophy bequeathed to the champion of Meltith or used as a Racial Transformation Catalyst. The victor of the melee will be rewarded a shield along with any other rewards offered by Meltith nobilities. Both pieces of equipment will be forged for the tourney by Euthymia.

I will add you to the list, Jack. You can also find me during the market days, I will be in black coat of plates with crimson and white colors of my house beneath and a fur hat adorned with feathers.

Squire Korab,

What are the rules for the Grand Maul?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Tomekeeper, Vicomte Rosen
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

Tomekeeper Dramthin,

I will leave this open to negotiation with the participants of the melee, based on their numbers and how many volunteers I will find for arbitration, but currently I am leaning towards the participants using any weapons they would like, sans magic and heroic abilities, with a participant being knocked out when they receive three hits to the limbs or one hit upon the torso, the count of the limb hits they have taken resetting each time they knock out one of their opponents. Simultaneous body strikes knock out both opponents unless they are the only two remaining.

We will start the melee with participants meeting at a point designated by a shield, then facing away and taking 20 to 30 paces depending on the designated area. I will bring some cones to designate the bounds in case a participant has an idea to run off too far. Upon a horn call the melee begins and continues until only one participant remains as the victor. The participants are free to make allegiances and form teams during the melee as they please but in the end there can only be one victor of the melee.

Sounds like a good warm up before the arrival of the Basalisks, count me in.

Ignathis

Back