Member-to-be

Fynwei

Squire
I will be traveling to Washington for college this fall, and most likely will be attending the October and November games. Does "Seattle Chapter" mean "we have games in Washington", or does it mean "our game locations are all within the Seattle area"?
I was having trouble locating where the events are compared to my school. (In minnesota we generally measure in minutes and direction... not miles, so that would be the preferred method of attainment, Thank you)

I have a low level MWE E Caster (Currently a 3) that I will probably want to transfer in, as long as you have no funky rules stopping it.

I'm fairly good with the sewing machine too, so if npc's are in need of any gearing, I'd be glad to help with that (though you would get it in october or so)

Info on average number of players/what level most of the players are would be nice just so I know what kind of events are worth attending.

I would also like to know if you have fight practices there, and if so how they work for your chapter/if they are gobbie rewarded/where they are located.

Look forward to meeting you this fall

Fyn

Fynwei said:
I will be traveling to Washington for college this fall, and most likely will be attending the October and November games. Does "Seattle Chapter" mean "we have games in Washington", or does it mean "our game locations are all within the Seattle area"?

It means "we have games in Washington". There are two main locations for events, one of which is several hours south of Seattle (by Olympia), one of which is... in Everett? Relatively close to the city. I haven't been there yet. And game days, as far as I know, are always in this one park which is within the northern city limits.

Fynwei said:
I was having trouble locating where the events are compared to my school. (In minnesota we generally measure in minutes and direction... not miles, so that would be the preferred method of attainment, Thank you)

Which school?

Fynwei said:
Info on average number of players/what level most of the players are would be nice just so I know what kind of events are worth attending.

I know at the last event, our ACL was somewhere short of 20. We have a fair number of high-level characters here. I PCed for the first time at the last Oregon event, though, as a 4th level character, and had no problems involving myself in the plotlines. Haven't done it here, so I'm not sure, but our plot's pretty good about trying to make sure all levels have something to do.

-Mevima

By Everett she means Enumclaw. I don't know where you're coming from, so giving miles/minutes isn't really an option. I'd suggest using Google Maps to find out the distance from one to the other (ask it for directions, just type in city names, it'll tell you distance and travel time). The other site is in fact near Olympia, which is about an hour from Seattle, depending on what time of day you leave. APL sits in the mid-high teens, but there are plenty of lower level opportunities. Oregon games tend to run a little lower in APL, and those are only a few hours away as well. There hasn't been any fighter's practices in a while, but we do have semi-regular gamedays, and you can get in plenty of practice there. (Or before game if you're interested).

~Matt
GM

True, Olympia is technically just an hour south of Seattle. I tend to forget that, because we always have side trips on the way down, besides it being Friday evening, which means stupid traffic. :p

The school is Evergreen State College, Olympia WA.

The reason I asked about fight practice is because of it being a good way to get the feel for your group, plus here in MN we give gobbies for attendance of practices...

If you are coming from Evergreen (in Olympia) then Seattle's main site, Millersylvania State Park, is about a half hour South of there. The other site is about a hour and a half to two hours from Evergreen in a Northeasternly ... kind of direction.

Back