Memorable Moments

Emaric

I'll start this thread off by saying how much fun I had playing the kobolds for the Waylay games.

I was with Alex(new npc) when we were stalking on the outside of the camp deep behind the Mage's and Mechant's buildings trying to get a few PCs. We watced for about 20 minutes as people were walking back and forth along the path. Having crawled up to a small crest behind the Mage's building. I thought I saw someone see me peeking my head up trying to see what I was. We decided to shift a little until the the PCs moved away, and there weren't as many, which they did. I finally make it to one of the buildings, Mage's building I think, and notice they are having a meeting. I start to scratch at the back of the building and then roll underneath placing Alex in view for them to chase and for me to roll out and start the waylays. Yea, that didn't happen as planned but almost if Kat didn't turn around and see me. I would have gotten atleast 4 or 5 of the 8 just moving toward Alex.

That was a well worth hour of stalking trying to get them.

Last edited:
The squire breakfast made for some amazing dialogue! Good times there!

Kobolds! Nuff said.

Chaos infused animals.

Decorated buildings in our new "town."

Soft lay-on

The millers...

The amazing NPCS!!

All the new players!!!

Tavern atmosphere and food!!

Playing Mud and blood for breakfast and not a single person asking me about Rassiq. Lol

Three stage fight w different objectives.

Wow... So many more

The reaction in Tiatar cabin when tge seed began glowing and pulsing... Then shooting out the roof.

1 on 1 convo w Dame Katherine

The ink quest

Traps!

The efficiency of Npc camp! Thx Tim, Dani, David for new organization, signs, etc. thx to Fox & brian for downstairs, Emily for costume room, Jay for the couch situation and sandwiches, and every npc who put time in the tavern, all the guild npcs for kicking *** and great rp, Quin for troubleshooting, new npcs for joining us, and yeah. You were such a hard working great core and ur energy and enthusiasm was contagious for all!!!

I've listed my favorite moments in the Facebook group thread (group name: Alliance Larp Denver, for anyone not already part of that). I want to echo Jesse's last comment above. The training and clear instructions for NPCs really shined brightly this weekend! I didn't hear personally a single, "What does that do?" question from an NPC. All the monsters seemed clearly briefed on stats, rules, effects, and moreso -- roleplay instructions for their monsters. I saw a lot of body language portrayal of different monster-characters. Whatever you guys did backstage this weekend really had a visible effect on the quality of monster and NPC-actor encounters. Thanks a lot for those efforts!

Trace

"Playing Mud and blood for breakfast and not a single person asking me about Rassiq. Lol"

o rly? I asked a few people who the heck that guy was and nobody knew. Does Mud and Blood have any sort of standard, or colors we'd recognize. That NPC was pretty quiet and sitting off on his own, I wasn't sure if he was just wanting to eat his breakfast in peace.

I just want to aid my praise for the NPC's to Trace's comments. I also posted my favorite moments on the facebook thread but I was blown away by the NPC's this weekend.

Anyone interested in transcribing some things here for those of us that shun facebook like crazed hermits?

A few bits might not make sense because I reference a previous post (I try and make a point not to cross transcribe other peoples messages)

What a great weekend! Thank you Jesse Grabowski, Plot, NPC's and my fellow players for a fantastic game. A few of my more notable highlights.

The squires breakfast, some great interactions with my Fellow Squires and the Ducal Paladin, the discussions were insightful and well thought out. I also really liked the discussion I had afterwards with Dame Katherine about the codes of Chivalry, it was nice to interact with Katherine in a one on one conversation, something we don't often seem to have the time to do in game.

The split attack to stop the necromantic circle on Friday. Especially discussing tactics and being able to interact with Kendrick and Erikaya. The battle when it happened was exciting and challenging and really set the tone for the combat for the weekend, well done!

The attack by the possessed creatures on Greenwood circle. The battle really had the feel of a truly Chaotic crazy Melee. And the Role playing of everyone's reaction, especially our Dryads was outstanding. Thank you Tinder Peat Moss and Panax Thistleburr for really getting into it and make the situation feel even more Dire than just the attack.

The interactions with the Kobolds were all quite interesting. The Delima that lead to deciding that the Duchess' edict meant we had to put down Teddy the first night, and the resigned expressions and feeling of the situation with Noah myself and Conner. and than later the tense discussion with Frank regarding the Shadow Clan Kobold.

Lastly, seconding Mike Porch's comments on the Farmers Wife mod. The interactions were amazing, the battle tense and felt very real in the reactions and moral decisions. I really found my self getting lost int he character and thinking that Ri would have willingly given his life to save the Farmers wife incredibly Immersive.

I'm sure I am leaving stuff out, I had amazing roleplay all weekend and the mods/Battles were fantastic.

My dear Fade, I will send you screenshots.

Your loving hermitage enabler,

Briannon

I will be writing my own favorite moments this evening. :)

EDIT: I'm attaching the screenshots to this post in case there really are any other facebook hermits out there.

Attachments

• hemitscreenshots.docx
    470.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Please note that these are Highlights typed on lunch i.e. I appreciate every single person I interacted with and bless you all for patience and good humor.
Friday night magical theory while Shani stalking. (Thank you Jackalopes for your patience.)
Friday night "discussion" with Baron Darius. Way to put the fear of nobles and opposing them into Neia.
Saturday when four mage guild members sprinted to take down a pair of hapless water elementals with extreme prejudice.
The hobgoblin night fight, particularly the damn-you-David spell caster duels. Also, PCs, I saw seriously awesome teamwork and battlefield awareness. Whoo!
Oh Miller family. The traps, the naked fox, the trap effects, the "I'm still unconscious" said by a Miller, the tolerance of my handling of unconscious NPCs, the mouthing off to Sir Egil, the 50 arrows in the shield. So many awesome memories from that o'dark hundred mod.
Sunday chats with Jackie in the box re solitaire.
Sunday morning ogres. Fighting from inside a ward is SO convenient. :)
In general, yay bookkeeping !

Hugs and thanks to all.

"Playing Mud and blood for breakfast and not a single person asking me about Rassiq. Lol"

o rly? I asked a few people who the heck that guy was and nobody knew. Does Mud and Blood have any sort of standard, or colors we'd recognize. That NPC was pretty quiet and sitting off on his own, I wasn't sure if he was just wanting to eat his breakfast in peace.

Hehe... yes, the same exact Brown and Red tabard that the Mud and Blood member from the Jan event wore... the only person to ask my name and affiliation was Mark Hoge, and he got an earful about the tournament too! lol

Friday night "discussion" with Baron Darius. Way to put the fear of nobles and opposing them into Neia.

You guys do not assassinate your corrupt, treasure-stealing nobles at Alliance Denver?

Nobility was like 90% fatal at one of my previous LARPs if they did not keep the adventurers happy.

Back