Mend Armor Spell

Xanian

In regard to the Mend Armor spell:
1687555014225.png

There is some confusion about how this spell works, so I have some situations that I am look for a ruling on.

1. Greg is wearing a 40 suit of armor (with mystic smith) and is hit with a shatter spell targeting the armor. His friend Wanda casts a mend spell on him then targeting the armor. What is the current value of Greg's armor after the spell?

2. Greg later returns from the front line where normal attacks brought his armor to 0. Wanda again casts Mend to fix Greg's armor? What is the value of Greg's armor after that cast?

1. Greg is wearing a 40 suit of armor (with mystic smith) and is hit with a shatter spell targeting the armor. His friend Wanda casts a mend spell on him then targeting the armor. What is the current value of Greg's armor after the spell?
If by “targeting the armor” you mean the spell is incanted as “With eldritch force I mend 20 armor” the proper response is “no effect” as the armor is broken and cannot be refit.

If you mean it is cast as “With eldritch force I mend your armor” the armor is at 0 points. At this point the armor can be refit, or have “# mend” effects cast to restore it.

2. Greg later returns from the front line where normal attacks brought his armor to 0. Wanda again casts Mend to fix Greg's armor? What is the value of Greg's armor after that cast?
“With eldritch force I mend your armor” will not have any impact on the protective value of the armor.

“With eldritch force I mend 20 armor” will restore 20 points to the armor’s value.

Upvote 0
Back