[.11] Mend Armor

Another possible way to take it is rename it to "Arcane Armor" and have it grant 20 arcane armor that can not be refit. Clearly it does not stack with physical armor or with other arcane armor.

I actually really like this idea. Would be great for new and low level characters.

Hell it would even be great for higher levels in combat, no time to refit, Armor me up caster.

I’m okay with it if it isn’t scrollable. Being able to Activate: “Free Armor” off a spell store is potentially abusable.

I don't have an issue with it being scrollable or see an issue with it being in a spell store.

I don't think it is anymore useful than having other things in a spellstore like Healing, Protectives, Prison, Dispel, the list goes on. Spellstores are strong but they are still a finite resource.

I don't have an issue with it being scrollable or see an issue with it being in a spell store.

I don't think it is anymore useful than having other things in a spellstore like Healing, Protectives, Prison, Dispel, the list goes on. Spellstores are strong but they are still a finite resource.

....Because you can’t put production healing in a spellstore. Any Earth Spell in a Spell Store is coming from memory.

That’s the difference.

....Because you can’t put production healing in a spellstore. Any Earth Spell in a Spell Store is coming from memory.

That’s the difference.

This is actually a big deal. I kinda think that spellstore should be balanced to be only able to accept spells from memory to make it the same for both classes, like memory strike is.

This is actually a big deal. I kinda think that spellstore should be balanced to be only able to accept spells from memory to make it the same for both classes, like memory strike is.

I would have agreed prior to Potion coating.

Mend Armor: Able to cast at any level. Will repair 5x the level cast.
"...I mend 40 armor".

The main feedback I heard was that it just isn't worth it. Mending so little armor is basically a hit or two (assuming the goal is to avoid carrier effects). Something like 30 points of Mending might be worth it, but not as it is... so no one took it.

A thought about adding arcane armor, rather than mending is that mending has greater benefit for those who have invested (in or out of game) in stronger armors, and thus encourages that investment. Adding arcane armor is just one more great thing for the casters.

I'm sad to see we sidetracked this conversation for a while on the "Its 300 healing. No 200. No 300." train.
Certainly a turnoff for me.

Back