Resolved Mental Powers and Enslavement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven

Count
Ultimately, this breaks down to whether or not a PC has any IG control over the memories that are being revealed to the mind reader.

If Mind Breaking Matt Enslaved me, and commanded me to not reveal that I’m enslaved under any circumstances, or otherwise communicate that he did anything to me that might cause suspicion, would a Biata be able to see a memory of that event, or would the Enslavement prevent me from communicating that memory?

This post is to inform you that your question is currently being discussed by the ARC and once some clarification has been made will be posted here. Depending on the level of clarification and discussion (and potential involvement of the Owners or other national staff, if needed) this may take time.

Mental Powers cannot be used to override or alter Enslavement commands. In this case, if a character were Enslaved and ordered to not reveal their Enslavement through any means, the *player* may choose to receive Mental Abilities, but the *character* cannot choose to reveal that they are Enslaved. Note that a character who was Enslaved and, for example, ordered to not *speak* or *write* that they are Enslaved might still be able to reveal this information via Mental Powers.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back