[.11] Merchant Insight Location

Draven

Count
As a Limited Circle is a self-contained structure of sorts, could it be legally targeted by Merchant Insight?

... I don't think so? I mean, you maybe could if you wanted to, but I think once the Circle drops the Ritual effect would go with it, because the "area" is no longer bound by anything, or the Ritual would only last as long as the Circle does, and the Ritual wouldn't extend the life of the Circle in any way on its own, which leads to the same result.

Limited Circle is naturally 5 years.

Oh, right, brain. Oops. Confused it with the Battle CoP that only lasts an hour, like a dummy. :oops:

Hmm... I'm still not sure how it would interact, then; it depends on whether ARC (or possibly just your chapter) decides to rule it as an enclosed space able to be targetted by the Ritual or not. I'll keep further opinions on the subject to myself until we hear one way or the other.

I would say no as it doesn't have a sustained roof primarily. The reason I say roof would be because some buildings only have posts and no walls.

The other reason is because a cirlce doesn't constitute a 'game room' as that's the new standard for measurement for area effects. Even though it's smaller, it's not, in itself, a 'game room'.

My two cents

I would say no as it doesn't have a sustained roof primarily. The reason I say roof would be because some buildings only have posts and no walls.

The other reason is because a cirlce doesn't constitute a 'game room' as that's the new standard for measurement for area effects. Even though it's smaller, it's not, in itself, a 'game room'.

My two cents

Would that imply that you couldn’t trap a Circle, then?

The trap would follow the standard outdoors trapping rules. It only affects the one person who triggers it.

If the circle was indoors, then you are trapping the game room. Where the trap body was determines where it will effect. If it's inside the circle, then the walls of the circle contain it. If outside of the circle, only effects outside of the circle.

If the circle was indoors, then you are trapping the game room. Where the trap body was determines where it will effect. If it's inside the circle, then the walls of the circle contain it. If outside of the circle, only effects outside of the circle.

And I'm fairly confident you could not have the trigger within the circle and the body outside of it (or vice-versa) for the same reason as "you are either all the way in, or all the way out" of a CoP.

A Circle of Power is not a Location by the Ritual Casting rules. This will be clearly stated in the Ritual Casting rules when the full rulebook is published.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Back