Merchant vs. Craft Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravengode

So I am a new player and am a bit confused on the Merchant Skill. How does this work? It says that I can sell back to logistics items for their production points in game money, but it also says that the local chapter will have a list of what those items are worth.
It also then goes on to say it only recovers PP value not production costs. So I am again confused as to the difference here as an items production cost is the same as it's PP value?
Can I get an example of how this is suppose to work? Also how this is suppose to work with Craft skills like Blacksmith (etc.)?

Thanks
Cory

ravengode said:
So I am a new player and am a bit confused on the Merchant Skill. How does this work? It says that I can sell back to logistics items for their production points in game money, but it also says that the local chapter will have a list of what those items are worth.
It also then goes on to say it only recovers PP value not production costs. So I am again confused as to the difference here as an items production cost is the same as it's PP value?
Can I get an example of how this is suppose to work? Also how this is suppose to work with Craft skills like Blacksmith (etc.)?

Thanks
Cory

An example:
To create a silvered longsword requires the base PP cost of the longsword (30) plus the PP cost of silvering (15), totaling 45 copper in PP, plus 15 silver. If you use Merchant to sell back that item you only recover the 45 copper from the PP, but not the additional 15 silver the weapon required in the first place.

The list referenced is for non-Production items that have been put out as Treasure, such as jewelry or gems. The skill as written only allows you to identify the value of these items, but does not give the authority to sell the items back at logistics (although a chapter may allow it by policy). The skill, per the rules as written, only gives the authority to sell back potions, scrolls, alchemical substances, armor, weapons, and traps.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks,
Seth
SEA/OR Marshal

Edit to add:
Further explaination

You purchase the Merchant Skill.
- This allows you to identify the value of various non-production treasure such as jewelry and gems. Selling these items back to Logistics may be allowed by a chapter depending on their policy, but is not part of the Rules as Written (RAW)
- It also gives you the ability to sell production items back to Logistics (potions, scrolls, alchemical substances, armor, weapons, and traps ... anything with a Production Point value in the rulebook essentially)
- - This sellback feature only returns the Production Point value of the tag and does not include any extraneous costs that might have been incurred, such as the extra 5 gold for Strengthening an item or 15 silver for Silvering an item.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back