Message to the people of Fortannis regarding "Sky Metal"

Good people of Fortannis,

Let this be heard throughout the civilized realms.

Regarding recent events and subsequent actions taken by kingdoms and empires across our world:

Over the last several months there have been worldwide reports of meteorite showers of abnormal frequency and intensity. Upon inspection, these recent celestial events have resulted in the discovery of strange new metal, apparently left behind within the meteorites that have fallen to our planet.

The metal is of pale silver color, exceptionally strong and arguably quite beautiful. Moreover, due to having never been previously discovered, and given its inherent rarity, many kingdoms and empires have immediately begun forging this metal into coins for use as currency.

This message is to spread the word that this metal has in fact become a bona fide currency in and across several lands. Therefore, do not be surprised if you see it being traded within your local economy. The current rate of exchange in most areas for this "sky metal" is one coin (roughly the size of a common gold coin) for 1000 copper pieces.

Any information on the scientific or mystical properties of this metal would be greatly appreciated. Please share all information you discover on these meteorites and metal in this forum.

In-service,
The UAOF
(United Astronomers of Fortannis)

Might I ask of this metal's relative density to steel? I must assume it is of lower strength lest those smiths local to the lands of this "sky metal" would have already forged what little was available into armor and arms?

I also must associate this recent appearance to falsified coins in my land of Barran that carry with them a necromantic taint, though I do not believe the correlation is strong. The false coins of my lands seem to be made of some lowly metal of even low-quality silver.

I will much appreciate any information that is learned about this metal and its possible uses.

Ever at your disposal,
Tvard Sendall

Metal... Fell from the Sky... and we turned it into coin'? I have never been more bewildered and proud of the people of this world. I recommend that we stab everything' in sight with it and learn what happen', this may just be the mythical weakness of the Dread Were-Octopus. Maybe Dryad can use it as armor and make fork' out of it so they can finally eat like civilized people.

I wonder what it feel' like to roll around in... and what it sound' like when it fall' on the hard floor. Who has this stuff and can tell us more?

-Santet

I am also in favor of stabbing things with this metal before turning it all into coins. Perhaps making some nails or locks out of it? Does it turn to dust in ritual circles?

Dorgun of the Osprey

OH! If there are any Dwarves dreaming this dream, is this how we get metal? Is this where it comes from?

Santet:

I've seen it. We have at least one in our treasury. Zehn swore it was fake money, but I figured if we searched a room and found one, it had to have some value even if it wasn't what was printed on the money. At a given value of 10 gold a coin, you might want to talk to your hoblings before you go melting them down.

-Phedre

Coin metal come from sky?! Me no trust. Me rather carry ten gold coin and no touch sky coin.

-Cho Ko Nu

Last edited:
Air Raksa said:
I wonder what it feel' like to roll around in... and what it sound' like when it fall' on the hard floor. Who has this stuff and can tell us more?

-Santet

THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION I NEED A SERIOUS ANSWER TO.

I must know. It's for the children. We have to think of the children, Santet. Future generations of hoblings need to be taught -- and if they don't know, how can they possibly be hoblings at all?

THINK OF THE CHILDREN, SANTET!

I feel faint.

- Evie Poldo-Naiobi-Marix

Slow claps to whatever Hobling Accounting and Minting Company paid off the UAOF. You've outdone yourself.

I have my guesses on who you are.

Well done, Muggins. Well done.
-Z

Santet, I know exactly what "it" sounds like when hitting the ground. I have trained my ears as I'm sure Gebuos has.

Purelord Drenten

Something not from Fortanis and still forged into coins? Hmm, it'll be interesting to study the energies of this new material.

....and to a previous point, forks don't have to be made of metal; we Dryads are still civilized users of the alternative-material fork.

- Asher, Druid of Serenity Among Discord

For all those that don't trust it. I will take them all off your hands for you...

Dorgun of the Osprey;
We get Metal from the ground, most of the time finding large deposits in Mountains, not from the sky, although if you set a large enough trap you could blow up a deposit of metal and have it rain from the sky...I wouldn't . I'd rather make it into a weapon and stab my enemy with it.

Uncle!

I think Gebo get him hand' on some. We need to meet back at treehouse to begin experiment'. I think Ona got bead on were-octopus, no? Let the stabbing and dropping and picking up again begin.

I feel it am probably even more satisfy to roll on this thing' than Talon money.

Your nephew,

Tetsu

I am happy to report that the sky metal has been forged into coins in both the Empire of Parna (thought the mists make travel to and from there quite difficult these days) and in Twinspire Vale- indeed in all of Trevalia. No ill effects have as yet been noted, though I understand that the sky metal in Trevlia is being thoroughly studied by notable scholars, so more information may be available soon on any unusual or dangerous properties of the Celestial Metal.

Camthalian ArgentFrost
Proprietor of the Resplendent Quail Merchanting Company

Back