Minnesota Castle Event FAQs and information

Lurin

Duke
I'll update this as new questions come up, but here are some common questions about our Castle Siege event!

All Players

1. What is the address of the site?
21930 Paradise Drive
Nisswa, MN 56468

2. What will the sleeping arraignments be like?
The sleeping arraignments include 2 16 bunk rooms, a 32 bunk room, and 3 Private 4 bunk rooms. (plus one additional 4 bunk room) The 3 bunk rooms are available to be reserved for $60, or $15 dollars a person. Reservations will be first come first serve, to reserve a room you must have all 4 people, pre-reg note for 2011 pre-reg may be done in two stages, Pre-reg, and Tag-reg for those that will have events between now and then. Reserved rooms must be paid for by march 15th by check or paypal, Paypal payments require a $3 service charge be added to them (as it costs us money to accept money through paypal.)

3. What comforts are available at the castle?
The castle has water-heated floors, full showers and bathrooms (multiple showers) The bunks and materesses are brand new and the castle sports a massive industrial kitchen with plenty of fridge space!

4. How much does this event cost?
The cost is $50 Dollars to PC and $5 to NPC with a $5 discount for either for pre-registering. Even if you reserve a room with your friends that's a mere $60!

5. What will be offered for food?
You event fee includes Light snacks Friday night, Breakfast Saturday and Dinner Saturday. If you wish to bring additional snacks, We expect there to be refridgerator space available and the kitchen will be open for use outside of main prep times, although you will be expected (and supervised) to clean up after your efforts.

6. Will the entire event be in doors?
Not even close! There will be inside modules but much of the event/modules will be outside and in the elements please plan your costuming accordingly.

For Traveling Players.

1. What is the current build cap?
Our current build cap for the 2011 season is 255, there is no cutting down or ignoring any skills, this is a firm/hard cap.

2. What about MIs?
Check our update policies, SoMN maintains an 'attunement' system, an MI must be attuned before it can be used within the sheltered lands. Items must be fully attuned before they can be used (so an Arcane armor item with other effects, must be attuned before used)

3. Where can I fly into?
The best airport for those flying in is MSP international.

4. Can folks host me?
We have a number of enthusiastic players that can host/give rides from the airport, but plan early as capacity is limited.

5. Do I need a SoMN Membership to play?
No traveling players with an active membership in another chapter do not need to purchase a membership.

6. Will there be LCO effects?
Yes our 2011 LCO effects will be in play and MAY be seen, please make sure to see the post about them! (Most of these are often used in other chapters)

Can rooms be reserved with less than four players (example, the Brotherhood has three members, and would like to reserve a room), as long as the fee is paid in full?

EricMarsters said:
Can rooms be reserved with less than four players (example, the Brotherhood has three members, and would like to reserve a room), as long as the fee is paid in full?

No, Due to the high expected volumn for this game we want to make sure we make full use out of these rooms so all reservations must include 4 people at this time. (We might relax standards if they are not reserved closer to the event date)

So now the Brotherhood won't get its room unless a fourth person wants to sleep with us, lulz. Don't worry, I'll find someone, Rob.

You could ask if a certain fox-kin has found anywhere to bunk for the weekend, if you still need someone...

Well, if our biata has a huge problem with the warded area, you might be able to be the 5th member in our bunk, considering he won't be using it too much. I doubt all of the bunks will be filled up at a time.

What is the PayPal account that we should send fees to (for example, to pay for rooms)? There's no longer a "Donate" button to utilize to do so.

Thanks!

Another quick question, but I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing.

You mentioned the bunks and matresses are new, but do they have blankets? I wanna know if I should bring a blanket so I don't freeze myself to death :p

Bring a blanket and sleeping materials. This will be like most other campsites with bunks- you'll want your sleeping bag and pillow.

Back