Minor Council of Petty Offenses meeting Saturday

Mobius

Squire
Chicago Staff
Marshal
The Minor Council of Petty Offenses will be convened Saturday morning at the convenience of Sir Baron Fairfax, Lord Silp, Lady Zanabanath, Kingdom of Wayside gentry of appropriate rank, recognized Guildmasters, and all attending fiefs of station and honour.

The Crown has recognized this gathering of the Minor Council and does vouchsafe Justice dispensed therein.

By the Authority of Simone Bovar, Magistrate to Sir Duke Bovar, subject to His Majesty, Siegfried Grimlocke the First, by the Grace of the Magisterium and the Elements; King of Wayside, the Greater Northern Expanse, territories and protectorates; Defender of the Just; Protector of Terna.

As presented by Magistrate Constance, Magistrate Vigilance, Freedmen of the Northlunds

Nobles from allied kingdoms and empires are invited to observe, but may only participate with the approval of attending nobility. All Claimants, petitioners, aggrieved, accused, gentry, and small folk must present their assertion to myself or Magistrate Vigilance for review.

Guildmaster Gemclipper, may the Minor Council convene at The Flaming Skull, inviting all appropriate parties to attend and present their claims? The Crown will extend its protection during the proceedings and offer restitution for damage and sundries.

For Crown and Freedom,
Magistrate Constance
Freedmen of the Northlunds
Manciple to Magistrate Bovar

Of course, Magistrate Constance. It would be my honor and pleasure to host again. Thank you for formally asking first, as the consideration is most appreciated.

Magistrate Constance,

I ask that we move the meeting time of the Council till lunch as Lady Zanabanath, Lady Fallingstar, and myself will be tied up in another task.

Thank you,

Baron Fairfax

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Baron Fairfax, the Crown is happy to accommodate your wishes. We shall convene as your attendance permits.

Thank you, Guildmaster. Your largesse is generous.

For Crown and Freedom,
Magistrate Constance

Magistrate Constance,

I apologize for my absence from the Minor Council this past gather.

Lady FallingStar

The Minor Council of Petty Offenses met during the mid-day meal in Guildmaster Gemclipper's tavern, The Flaming Skull.

In attendance: Lord Silp of Caladorn; Lady Eldandiril of Tympany; Guildmaster Gemclipper of the Westside Trading Company; Squire Corbell of Baron Fairfax of Buckland; Squire Rusty of Sir Baron Fairfax of Buckland; Squire Dyslvia of Sir Baron Fairfax of Buckland.

In attendance at the request of Lord Silp: Sir Fiona of Sir Petrus formerly of Gaden.

The Minor Council of Petty Offenses submits the following advice to Duchess Fairfax and the Magisterial Council.

Previous Business
Petition: Sir Dunwin of Duchess Fairfax, was accused by goodman Eric Cooper of assault while the two were drinking at the Frisky Badger. The previous Council requested further information: Magistrate Constance returned that Sir Dunwin is known to have a temper and the argument transpired while the two were drinking heavily.
Resolved: Squires Rusty and Dyslvia of Sir Baron Fairfax, will interview goodman Cooper to determine if he instigated the fight against his better; if so, he will be found guilty of Assault against a vassal of the Crown and executed forthwith.

Current Business
Lesser Matters

Petition: Goodwoman H’ Elda Longbough, representing roughly 200 families of northern Buckland, petitioned Duchess Fairfax for food and sundry support as yield has been below expectations and war levies have been costly.
Resolved: The petition will be sent to Duchess Fairfax with the Council’s support. The Council suggests stores from several recently abandoned Westhaven farms be sent as well.

Petition:Mayor Arok of Aroksford requested advice on the proper penalty for six commoners found guilty of creating Wish Bubbles.
Resolved: The Council found no reason to reduce the ultimate penalty of Resurrection for creation of Wish Bubbles. However, the Council advises Mayor Arok to weigh the intent of the wish in terms of malice vs curiosity or mistake. The Council advises any commoners found to guilty of making a a malicious wish be resurrected, while those found to have lesser motives be heavily fined or indentured against their debt.

Petition: Goodman Thomas petitioned the Council for return of a stewardship deed he traded to goodman Franklin for “shinies”. Thomas contends he had recently been transformed into a savage orc by temporary Wish magic and was not in his right mind; Franklin contends a “deal is a deal” and Thomas is feeling buyer’s remorse.
Resolved: The Council found the deal to have been conducted in bad faith as Thomas’ faculties were compromised by his transformation into a savage, incompetent race. The Council restores stewardship of the land to goodman Thomas.

Petition: The family of goodman Heavyfoot petitioned the Council for leniency in the judgement of resurrection for Heavyfoot’s assault on Baron Flatstone of Ternia. Heavyfoot had recently been found guilty of assault on Baron Flatstone’s person and executed per Assault against an ally of the Crown. The family contends that after his first resurrection, “Dark Taint” infused his spirit, caused madness, and he wasn’t in his right mind during his subsequent assault on Baron Flatstone’s retainer.
Resolved: The Council does not find sufficient reason to be lenient with goodman Heavyfoot as his first assault on Baron Flatstone shows a history of violence and rancor toward the baron. The Council advises goodman Heavyfoot suffer the penalty for Assault on an ally of the Crown and be executed forthwith.

Petition: Goodwoman Thistler requests the Council require the Wayside Celestial Guild cast a Destroy Magic ritual on a Ward, affected by Extend Battle Magic ritual, surrounding the Thistler’s homestead. The Ward’s only invested member, goodman Thistler, was killed while protecting the farm and the rest of the Thistler family is trapped inside with only a few days of victuals. The Celestial Guild charges a 15 gold fee for casting of the Destroy Magic ritual, but goodwoman Thistler affirms she does not have the funds.
Resolved: The Council does not find sufficient reason to demand the Celestial Guild lower its standard fee. Furthermore, the Council does not find the Celestial Guild liable for any damages to the Thistler’s family if it chooses not to cast the Destroy Magic ritual. Sir Fiona donated one gold to the Thistler family in support of their predicament.

Greater Matters
Petition: Hitch 42 has requested the Council take action against Goodman Shropshire and family. The Shropshires stand accused of transporting contraband and aiding the Stone Elf Empire during the War of the Nine. Hitch 42 requests the Shropshire’s debt to the Crown be paid through: seizing of their goods; indentured servitude of goodwoman and goodman Shropshire; and apprenticeship of the three Shropshire children.
Resolved: The Council notes that supporting an enemy of the Kingdom is Treason and the penalty is resurrection. The Council will investigate the merits of the accusation against goodman Shropshire and, if Hitch 42 can submit convincing evidence, will render judgement.

Petition: Lord Yojimbo, of Duke Koshinari of Koshinari, petitioned the Council to demand Lord Tumbler, of Duchess Fairfax of Buckland, return the artefact, Hobling Peace, which was at stake during an Honour Duel at King Grimlocke’s recent charity ball. Lord Yojimbo contends Lord Tumbler cheated during an honour duel, thus rendering any agreement made null and void. Lord Tumbler contends her use of a Trickle Blade was not specifically restricted and, therefore, the duel was honourable and the results should stand.

Resolved: The Council finds Lord Tumbler’s case to hold merit and does not order the return of the artefact, Hobling Peace. As the rules for the duel were not discussed beyond it being an “Honour Duel,” and estimations of honour are bond by the individual, the duel was honourable and valid. The Council suggests gentry who engage in duels better outline their terms beforehand to quell these issues in the future.

Respectfully recorded and submitted by Magistrate Constance of Magistrate Bovar.

For Crown and Freedom,
Magistrate Constance

The Minor Council of Petty Offenses met during the mid-day meal in Guildmaster Gemclipper's tavern, The Flaming Skull.

In attendance: Lord Silp of Caladorn; Lady Eldandiril of Tympany; Guildmaster Gemclipper of the Westside Trading Company; Squire Corbell of Baron Fairfax of Buckland; Squire Rusty of Sir Baron Fairfax of Buckland; Squire Dyslvia of Sir Baron Fairfax
In the interest of proper public record, I'd request my title be corrected to Guildmaster Gemclipper of the West Wayside Trading Company, please.

Sam

Upon further inspection of this recent write up, I found some language and passages inconsistent with what I recall agreeing to at the meeting. Please anticipate a formal letter addressing these concerns.

Last edited:
Guildmaster,

The Crown welcomes all input. If you wish to discuss details, I am happy to attend you at The Flaming Skull in Westhaven. If these matters cannot await the coming Market Day please reach out to me by pigeon.

For Crown and Freedom,
Magistrate Constance

Last edited:
Back