Missouri.

I would like to know if there are any groups in Missouri.

That if there is not How hard/ What do I need to do to start a group in Missouri?

I will need help Establishing a Chapter if it is foreseeable to create one here.

I used to Own and Operate Mid-Missouri Airsoft Here in the Columbia Area. So making games/events/goals for teams and individuals and such that would go along with this wont be new to me. However LARPing is totally new to me.

With this type of larp Calimacil weaponry is allowed correct? (off topic question.)

Ethron Undadar said:
With this type of larp Calimacil weaponry is allowed correct? (off topic question.)

I believe most chapters have a "no" or "item by item" check for Calamacil. Their foam is very dense and hurts a lot if swung too heavy. We have disallowed more then we have allowed from them in the Calgary Chapter. Some weapons don't have enough padding and others can be to whippy etc. I would say its about an 80% fail rate from us.

San Francisco has approved one Calimacil weapon, and it was in use for quite a while in another local LARP giving the foam a chance to soften. All others have failed for either not having enough depth in the padding, or being too hard.

If you look up Darkshire Forge on Facebook, it's two Alliance players who make latex weapons that follow Alliance rules for construction. (Fair warning, the players also work together at RL jobs and are in the process of relocating, so orders will be slow for the next month or so.)

phedre said:
If you look up Darkshire Forge on Facebook, it's two Alliance players who make latex weapons that follow Alliance rules for construction. (Fair warning, the players also work together at RL jobs and are in the process of relocating, so orders will be slow for the next month or so.)

Not the best photos, but here is something they whipped up for me last minute because I needed a new phys-rep. I was quite impressed.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSylvan/medi ... 135&type=3

Something to add about Calamicil...They are very hard out of the Box. I think Scott from HQ can verify however, I bought one from him with the understanding it was to hard to use in HQ. But I have played some other games and tried something. I took it home and worked it in (lots of squeezing for hours over days) and broke the weapon in. I took it back to Scott a month later and said "check it now". His reply to me was that it was now acceptable. So I would sum my experience with Calamacils as they are really pretty but hit harder than any Latex weapon I have seen, but they can be worked to an acceptable level with considerable effort.

Joe Siegel
Resident Jerk
(also a weapons Marshal in NJ, HQ and Gettysburg)

Back