Mobilization

Gwendara

Fighter
Hey guys!

Just thought I'd give you a little update. I've been at Ft. Sill on mobilization training for about two weeks now. I'm working in the operations office so we're planning all the training, validating training, writing orders and a whole bunch of other stuff that keeps us pretty busy. Let alone needing to go to training on top of that! So it's been around 17-19 hour days so I'm starting to drag, but everyday is one day closer. We're getting a little more into the rhythm of things and our days are getting a little shorter, which is a blessing. Heck I had to have someone else do my laundry! The rest of the unit is on downtime when they aren't training. Just a shame we're so over worked.

The weather here is nice. Sunny and 50-70 everyday so far. I hear things for our section will slow down a little bit when we actually get to Iraq so I hope so! We only have 4 people and we're swamped right now, can barely schedule for the 24 hour operations we'll be doing. They're trying to move people around to give us an extra one or two for this training, so I hope I'll be able to get more than about 4 hours of sleep and might actually be able to exercise too!

I miss you all and I'm sad I can't be there this season. Sounds like an awesome plot line for the year. Keep me posted and I'll give ya my address when we hit our final destination.

-Christine

Christine,

I miss you girl, i will see you soon. Just remember we are all here for you, keep your spirits up.

Darkan

Back