Monster Camp!

Zwingll

So... as the event is nearing I am getting organized!
I have already made the signs for the doors.
The next thing I am doing is a packing list!

That is to say...the things that are not part of the Monster Camp boxes.
So please if you have any ideas or donations for monster camp let me know.
As usual I am bringing my CD player/clock radio and CDs
And a power cord.
I could always use hangers!!!!
And Val I am still unclear if the table is a yes or no
Also if anyone has any of those detachable shelving things that we could use, or any other closet organizer stuff that you would be willing to let us use that would be awesome!

I?m trying to get NERO stuff done this week while I have time! So let me know! Also NPCs are welcome to chip in things they think would help make monster camp more organized!

THANK YOU!
-Anna-

No no, Anna... Thank you.

BTW, does your CD player accept MP3 CD's? Or is your player stupid?

Johnathan Lancaster said:
BTW, does your CD player accept MP3 CD's? Or is your player stupid?

havn't tried yet! i may just borrow Hayleys MP3 CD and test that out. but its kinda old so i am thinking thats a no.

What kind of music are you looking for?

life = music

Johnathan Lancaster said:
What kind of music are you looking for?
whatever the NPCs want! techno was popular before big mods... but i would love to hear from the NPCs themselves!

Heya I will donate hangers if you need them... :D Also I am thinking about donating some rubbermaid boxes (big ones) if my dad will let me put them in his truck. So yeah see you all at the event!!!

Yes on the table it is sitting by the front door ready to go.

Still trying to find the poles for my shelves no luck yet, still not unpacked.

Have a great weekend update me when you can.

Fin folk are on the repair table as we speek, then there's some.... and some ......... and maybe even a ........

See you at the event.. I can keep secrets, You'll find out in game......

Val said:
Yes on the table it is sitting by the front door ready to go.

YAY!!!! *happy dance!*

Val said:
Fin folk are on the repair table as we speek, then there's some.... and some ......... and maybe even a ........

See you at the event.. I can keep secrets, You'll find out in game......

LOL! hehehehehe i can't wait! see you then! you kick much *** Val! its awsome working with you!

Wondering if I should bring anything. You were talking about CDs. I could bring some Iron Maiden. Lord of the Rings soundtrack. Phantom of the Opera.

Cooler? Any food? (Am I correctly assuming this event is to be alcohol free?)

I have a 9 by 12ft army tent. Also, a few misc costume items. I theoretically have a chain mail vest, which Sabo falsely thinks he gave back to me. He is currently looking for it in his house.

Most importantly, boffing weapons. I have access to a substantial stash. There is a tower shield, my large kite shield (pictured to the left), I'm probably bringing the great-sword usually referred to as 'The Butterknife.' We have a few round shields made from plastic trash can lids. We have some katana sized swords, short swords, and daggers. Tell me what monster camp needs.

I'm also thinking of bringing my chess set. The pieces are carved wood, not molded plastic.

thedarkjedi said:
I'm also thinking of bringing my chess set. The pieces are carved wood, not molded plastic.

Hey you could bring in up to the tavern when everybony is ig and play people for money...I like it!!! :D

bringing stuff....

thedarkjedi said:
Wondering if I should bring anything. You were talking about CDs. I could bring some Iron Maiden. Lord of the Rings soundtrack. Phantom of the Opera.

what phantom? the 2 CD cuz i have the highlights and i'm bringing that. ummm whatever music you want to listen to. i just usually bring mine because i have a little of everything practicly.

thedarkjedi said:

we usually have food covered. but if you want to being a cooler we could lug some food down from the tavern to NPC camp. but it might just be better to send people to the tavern, so everyone isn;t always in the cabin.
and your assumption is correct.

thedarkjedi said:
I have a 9 by 12ft army tent. Also, a few misc costume items.
Tent i would say is a no. its not needed. costume stuff... i would be worried about you never getting it back.

thedarkjedi said:
Most importantly, boffing weapons. I have access to a substantial stash. There is a tower shield, my large kite shield (pictured to the left), I'm probably bringing the great-sword usually referred to as 'The Butterknife.' We have a few round shields made from plastic trash can lids. We have some katana sized swords, short swords, and daggers. Tell me what monster camp needs.

Personal weapons have a habit of being absorbed. unfortunately i would be worried about then being packed up with NPC stuff at the end of the event. but i am not in the know on what weapons we need. a shield might be nice. i'm not sure we have one. but put your name on it for sure!! and make sure at the end of the event you have it! or give me a list at the beginning of the weapons you brought so when packing they can be put aside! but if you want to being a bunch go for it! that?s just my one concern!

thedarkjedi said:

All NERO events are alcohol free.

thedarkjedi said:
I have a 9 by 12ft army tent. Also, a few misc costume items. I theoretically have a chain mail vest, which Sabo falsely thinks he gave back to me. He is currently looking for it in his house.

I am not entirely sure how NERO safe your boffing weapons are, but please bring them and one of our weapons marshalls can check them over.

Please feel free to bring any kind of costuming pieces you wish, along with chess set and/or any kind of armor. But just to let you know, I wouldn't leave them in monster camp if I were you. Monster camp has a problem of swallowing things, and then you may never find your items again. Just wanted to let you know.

I have seen it happen on mulitple ocassions, over the years.

-Leigh-Ann

MoonKitten said:
. Monster camp has a problem of swallowing things

I vote for: its a black hole.

On the Subject of Music

I know having music in monster camp helps and certain types of music can get us pumped up.

But it would be nice to hear more period types of music playing. I think it would help set the mode more then say hearing Iron Maiden orfunky housetrance beats, not that I hate either types of music. (Just ask around I am a huge music aificanado! Besides the fact I used to go to under ground raves back in Cali.)

But I really think that listening to music that is a tad more period can really help set the mode.

And there are several groups out there that play such types of music, that aren't all boring and stuffy.

If you like I will bring the music I have here at home.

Blackmore's Night and Heather Alexander are two very very excellent artists that create music of the time period NERO is tailored after.

Also the music from many of the Mercedes Lackey's books is excellent as well.

Hmm...maybe I should stop typing about this..I think I may never stop.

-Leigh-Ann
Who gets too passionate over music sometimes.

MoonKitten said:
But it would be nice to hear more period types of music playing

i agree entierly! the problem being... all music i have that is remotly period... is at my house and the fight that it would cause of me trying to get it away from my parents while comical would not be pretty. i can try though. i do have alot of Baroque. (huge Bach fan) as well as a fairly nice collection of Classicla, Romantic, Post Romantic (Antonin Dvor?k is the BEST), and some modern and contemperary.

i can try and get all my early classical music collection from my dad (i ahve been known to call his work looking for a Dvor?k CD) and even maybe go CD shopping for period music.

MoonKitten said:
Monster camp has a problem of swallowing things, and then you may never find your items again. Just wanted to let you know.

I have seen it happen on mulitple ocassions, over the years.

-Leigh-Ann

Tis true, but we have not had any issues with the Boffer club stuff going missing in the past, so you should be safe there.

THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FUN!!!!!!!!! see ya'll in a week...talk to ya'll tomorrow...mabey. Geeze for some weird reason I am happy.... :D

Zwingll said:
a shield might be nice. i'm not sure we have one. that?s just my one concern!

You don't have shields?!?! No wonder that guy was complaining about the NPCs always using the same types of weapons!

Now that I think of it, It might be a good idea to mark the UW's equipment somehow, like tie a certain color of ribon on each one. Yeah, I think I'll bring some of our better weapons. The Butterknife is simply a must!

Back