Most Sold Back Skill Infograph March 2020

I like seeing this kind of data, but the skills along the x-axis and the data blurbs give conflicting information that makes it confusing to read; there are 10 skills on the x-axis, so it looks like it's a top-10 graph, but the blurb says Blacksmith is the only crafting Skill that broke the top 20 while Alchemy is on the graph, so that suggests it's not a top-10 and is using some other scaling? The lack of numbers on the y-axis just amplify this confusion to me, but I understand why they're omitted. Am I just being dumb here?

Also, apologies in advance if this came off as snide or nasty, my mood is, uh, not in the greatest place lately due to personal reasons, and I might be more sharp in tone than I intend.

Backstab being a high sold back is interesting, I wonder why that is.
I suspect because it's great for reaching XP counts for prerequisites, but there are a ton of useful Stealth Skills that it's being sold back to be replaced with (like Dodge); at a certain point, you have enough Stealth XP after selling it to meet the required numbers for what you already have and more, and the sell back gives you enough XP to afford another Skill that you consider more useful than 'situational' static damage. (I don't know if you get the Back Attacks back, but if you just get refunded the XP for the Backstab and all the Back Attacks required to have purchased it, then this just feels more and more likely.)

Last edited:
I like seeing this kind of data, but the skills along the x-axis and the data blurbs give conflicting information that makes it confusing to read; there are 10 skills on the x-axis, so it looks like it's a top-10 graph, but the blurb says Blacksmith is the only crafting Skill that broke the top 20 while Alchemy is on the graph, so that suggests it's not a top-10 and is using some other scaling? The lack of numbers on the y-axis just amplify this confusion to me, but I understand why they're omitted. Am I just being dumb here?

Also, apologies in advance if this came off as snide or nasty, my mood is, uh, not in the greatest place lately due to personal reasons, and I might be more sharp in tone than I intend.

The chart only includes the top 10.

I looked through all the data added some information about additional skills looking through the data that I found interesting even if they aren't on the chart.

Is the sell back of all the craft skills due to teacher being made unnecessary? Was that event included or excluded?

Teacher was simultaneously removed from the CMA and refunded at the same time, although I believe it happened in several waves rather than all at once? Either way, I think this chart only counts player-initiated sellbacks, or Teacher would have its own count (and would probably be in the top 20, if not top 10).

Is the sell back of all the craft skills due to teacher being made unnecessary? Was that event included or excluded?
This is purely sellback via goblin stamps. It doesn't include when folks click undo, or when a skill is removed from the game.

Man who is selling back Mettle? I love me some Mettle. More Mettles!

Could be driven by players who buy the skill at 20 XP who later realize they don’t have the Body to activate it, tbh.

I doubt that’s the primary driver, but since it’s the only skill that can be legal to purchase prior to actually being able to activate, it might be a factor.

Also, some people might have gotten more than they ended up needing (high level conversions, yo), and are ditching them in favor of other tricks.

@Alkalin3 I would love it if one month you could maybe be a infographic on the Doomblow. I am curious from the Doomblow poll early that most found it underwhelming(https://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/poll-lets-talk-about-doomblow.40789/), how much real use this capstone sees.

Such as: How many have it (that have the prereqs), how many have more then one buy in the skill (1 being for riposte purposes)?

Might be good info when looking at the skill before the symposium.

Last edited:
I sold back a mettle Durnic ;p

I envy the sell back efficiency of martial characters. :(

Back