Moving to the area

Hey guys! My name is Jason and I'm going to be moving to the San Fran area for work in the coming weeks. I'm an avid LARPer and would love to continue it so I'm hitting you guys up and introducing myself!

Some background on me. I've been LARPing for quite a while now, starting with NERO Middle Tennessee about 12 years ago now. After PCing for a while I joined staff and began running plot. Then the giant drama-filled split happened and HEROIC was born. I'm hoping that this won't be any sort of conflict of interest, but I've been a owner in HEROIC for a while now and still do things on the national level (I find it best to put it all out in the open haha). I've also been playing Dagohir, SCA, Amtgard and Dust for a while out here too (Atlanta has TONS of larps), and love all of em. So yeah, lots of varying LARP background and addicted!

That all said, I'm really excited to join the awesomeness I've read and heard about Alliance SF! I'm going to try and make it to the August event after getting settled in and work kicks off. I look forward to RPing with all ya soon (assuming my involvement with other larps doesn't prevent me from doing so hahaha)!!

Greetings! It's always nice to get new players, especially when they're experienced!

We've had some pretty hefty rules divergence from NERO, so you may want to grab yourself the rulebook (available in .pdf for $6 here and hardcopy for $20 here.)

Being an owner of another game is absolutely no conflict of interest. In fact, the owner of our fellowship game, Realms of Conflict, plays at AllianceSF, and the owner of ASF plays at RoC! And since it sounds like you're one of those 'the more larps the better' types ;), their site is http://roclarp.com/ ...because more players for both games rocks.

Looking forward to seeing you. Feel free to shoot me any questions you may have, either here or at logistics@alliancesf.net

Way ahead of ya on the rulebook front :) Got the PDF and already been reading through it.

I'm definitely going to check out RoC too! The more LARPs the better for sure, but to an extent. Around the GA/TN area we're running into the too many LARPs point, haha!

I'm sure I'll have some more questions as time gets closer and I read the rulebook. Thanks for the awesome welcome! I look forward to see ya too.

In case you get settled earlier or perhaps want to NPC a few events for extra build or even just to see the system in action, there are also 1-day events June 10, 16, 30, and July 14 & 21.

Looking forward to meeting you!

-Luke

Is there still a 1-day tomorrow the 14th? I'd love to go and NPC!! I can't seem to find any schedule anywhere, and when I click on yr link above it says I don't have permission to view it. If someone could get the me the info that would be great! Feel free to call me --> 615-727-2372

Thank ya! And hopefully see people tomorrow!!

Yup! I will not be there tomorrow as I have a schedule conflict, but my assistant Grant will be and he can help you with any questions or logistics needs.

Here you go:

Registration/check in starting at 11 AM. Game start at 12.
Location is Belgatos Park in Los Gatos
Details and directions can be found here:
http://www.losgatosca.gov/index.asp?NID=900

PC camp will be at the tables near the playground, unless they already taken. This site has limited benches and tables, you may wish to bring portable chairs or blankets for the grass if you wish to be able to sit comfortably. NPC camp & check in will be at the benches near the park entrance, unless they are taken.

Pricing:
Standard price $15.
Please note that pre-registration is now mandatory if you wish to PC at faire days.
Non-members will be assessed an additional $10 charge.
NPCs are free.

To PRE-REGISTER for this event:
A. Email your player and character name, full list of tags for skills/spell, magic items, high-magic, production, etc. to "logistics@alliancesf.net" at least 48 hours before the event.
B. Email "twinspire@alliancesf.net" to let Twinspire Plot staff know you are coming.
C. Show up and start check in within the first half-hour of our check-in time.

For build expenditures or other logistics requests email "logistics@alliancesf.net"
For plot or world information email "twinspire@alliancesf.net"
If you have any downtime submissions, please get those in as soon as possible.

You are highly encouraged to let us know if you're coming to the event even if you're NPCing.

Yup. Just a day event. This one is for our secondary campaign. I hear tale that there's some very fun things in store for the game that make me sad to be missing it!

Back