Moving to the OC!

Elysia

So John and I are moving from the Chicago chapter to the OC/LA area and we sort of want to make some new friends, seeing as how... well, everyone we know more or less lives here. Any of you live in or near that area and would be willing in late September/early October to get together and hang out?

Also -- any lines on (and I know this is a relative term) "cheap" places to live? We're hoping to not have to spend more'n a grand a month if we can manage it for a single bedroom. Seeing as how I'll be [fingers crossed] finishing up my bachelor's degree at Cal State Fullerton and then starting my master's work after that, we're gonna be here for at least 6 years or so, so even a house might do.

I *think*, though I may not be sure -- that we met a few SF players while we were up in Seattle playing at their long weekend in January. Gypsies, I think, but I could be wrong. They seemed like fun people. :) (If they were from SF, they would remember me as the sparkly MWE who "voice radius Death"-ed them o_O)

Anywho, beyond making friends it would be nice to hear from players what they honestly think about the chapter (I promise I'm not a spy for your GM ;)), and anything else we should know before we show up to a game. Stuff we should bring, yadda yadda yadda. Chances are my sister (who's played Alliance before) and my step dad (who has not) will want to come play, so I gotta be as knowledgeable a source as possible. On the plus side, we have a giNORMOUS conversion van, so we'll be able to make the (I'm told) 5-6 hour drive in relative comfort and style, and can and will be willing to take a few people with when time comes.

Also -- who do I have to web to get my approval for the sf.net boards pushed through? I waited a few days, sent my e-mail, I did everything -- still, no dice. Am I missing something? I wanna start working on connections in-game and seeing what I can suss out about current plot since we're not just visiting -- we're moving there. :) I also need to know what SF's LCO policy is, and then a contact e-mail for their head of plot so that I can hook that person up with our head of plot so we can (hopefully) continue some personal plots John and I have been working on despite the move. :D No reason my toon should suffer simply because I have to go to school! ;)

Any help anyone can offer would be greatfully appreciated. :D

Thanks!
-Mandie

Madie,

Welcome to the glorious state of CA and the armpit known as LA.:D Sorry there's a Norcal vs Socal rivalry.

I was one of those gypsy characters - the taller, handsomer one Nigel Peaks. In the home chapter however, I play a MWE tavern owner called Kon. You'll want to send an email to logisitics@alliancesf.net as this is the only contact info we have for the staff - keeps it all in one place.

I'd be happy to answer what questions I can as honestly as I can as a player. Feel free to contact me off these boards at mark@larping.net

Mark

Mark! I remember you. :) You had sweet latex weapon reps, right?

I will most certainly send you an e-mail when I get home from work tonight. (Which is where I am now. >.> Shhh. I'm working.)

Thanks for your help!

Also, anyone who wants to can feel free to PM me rather than respond here. :D

--Mandie

"Staff@alliancesf.net" is the addy for questions now. "Logistics" is more for, well, logistics and reg stuff now.
markusdark said:
Madie,

Welcome to the glorious state of CA and the armpit known as LA.:D Sorry there's a Norcal vs Socal rivalry.

I was one of those gypsy characters - the taller, handsomer one Nigel Peaks. In the home chapter however, I play a MWE tavern owner called Kon. You'll want to send an email to logisitics@alliancesf.net as this is the only contact info we have for the staff - keeps it all in one place.

I'd be happy to answer what questions I can as honestly as I can as a player. Feel free to contact me off these boards at mark@larping.net

Mark

Back