My All-Cherry Tree

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Good Morning,

So, I apparently go away for a few days and all of a sudden THE GIANT CHERRY TREE IS GONE! I don't mean to yell, but how does a giant tree just up and vanish?! If anyone happens to find it please bring the culprit to me, there is a 10g reward for his or her capture.

- Vick Higgins

Master Higgins,

Please allow me to extend my condolences on the loss of your (fill in the blank with appropriate qualifier) CHERRY TREE.

If you can give us any additional information as to its identity and possible... whereabouts, It would be helpful.

How tall/wide? Any distinguishing marks, leaves, branches, types of fruit clustering? Out of place footprints surrounding the grounds where it grew?

Was there a stump left behind? I mean, it just didn't get up and walk away.

... Did it?

Were there any cross words exchanged by you and the tree before it's disappearance? Any reason it would want to leave? Did it have any enemies?

Mr. Sterling,

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious. However this is a grave matter indeed. It's not everyday someone has a 300ft tall cherry tree, and not everyday it just vanishes. There wasn't any stump, just a giant hole in my, well, the Higgins/Siril Cherry Field. I know the All Cherry is something special, as I've never tasted better cherries, but this is just....odd.

-Vick Higgins

I did not mean to come across as facetious. My apologies.

The information you have given does help us. A giant hole, meaning the tree was taken roots and all. No footprints or tracks, meaning that removal by a conventional team of foresters, using shovels, picks and heavy dragging teams, is out of the question. At 300 feet tall, it would have left a conventional trail, if conventional means were used for removal and transport.

Which leaves us non-conventional, or magic assistance...

I am unaware of the magic it would take to remove a 300 foot piece of vegetation, presumably in one shot, from one locale to the next.

Any Formalists familiar with such a ritual, or procedure?

I saw this when I was in your Cherry field chasing down Timmers. I noticed there were large dredges left in your field, as if somebody had dragged it away. Though it's strange, it's though they dragged it 50' then rolled it to one side, dragged it another 50', then rolled it back to the other side and dragged it again. I once met your cherry tree. Are you sure he DIDN'T just get up and walk away?
Hunter Davion

It is obvious. "Your" cherry tree was a dormant treant, and during the earth shaking caused by rituals being cast and/or disrupted it woke up, drunk, and danced away.

Please contact Don't, who cares for a juvenile treant "Junior" who was born from an elemental acorn.

We have experience in such things.

-Gnot

Well ..... to be honest .... junior was born from an magic acorn ......... but I did not become his guardian until he was a sapling...... his father ....... Father Oak gave him to me to protect..... junior is a nice tree....... but not very tall at this time...... he is only 11 feet tall now.....

Back