My daughters donated 14" of hair to Locks of Love (pics)

I posted these on my Facebook, and I know a bunch of you saw them there already. I wanted to share them here because I think my girls look so damn cute & grown up now! This happened this past Thursday (5/28). They were so excited! Here is a before picture:

girls-hair-before.jpg

My wife works days and I nights. I've been the primary shower giver (baths can DIAF) for the past year or so. The amount of work that went into cleaning their hair was rough. You could spray their hair with the shower head for 10 minutes. If you weren't massaging, their scalp the hair underneath would be completely dry. It was nuts! I'd go through shampoo very fast, too. I usually bough 2 or 3 bottles at a time. Then the blow drying took about 10-15 minutes a head. Having to brush their hair all the time, and then watching them get all kinds of food/junk/whatever stuck in their hair made us all miserable. So, finally, this is what my kids look like now:

girls-n-hair.jpg

They each had two giant, thick 14" long ponytails cut from their heads. My wife took them straight to The Picture People so she could have some formal pictures with the new look:

m-r-pp.jpg

Stavroula:
stavroula-pp.jpg

Maria:
maria-pp.jpg

On Friday we sent the hair off to Locks of Love, or, as the girls like to joke, Lobster Love (even though Stavroula said she wanted to give the hair to "pappou," aka my practically bald dad. :lol:)

PS--They are going to be at the Kid's Campaign in August! Maria will probably be playing a sarr named Megamonsameera (don't ask!), and Stavroula will be playing her twin sarr sister Lotus. They are so psyched!

That's awesome, man!

Very cool to donate to Lobster Love. :lol:

I know what you mean about the long hair. We took our daughter Ry's hair down to boyish/pixie cut short. (She looks cute with it ... I need to post pics.)

Back