my disability

andy opheim

hi I am Andy I'm sure most of you have already met me but I am posting this to give a better understanding about the fact that I have autism and social interaction problems. This does not mean that if I make a mistake that it makes it acceptable or alright. My mistakes are my mistakes and I will take full responsibly for them. I have trouble understanding body language and facial language so if someone is mad, for example, I will have trouble recognizing that . I have problems not understanding sensitivity levels, and this is probably the more problematic issue. I have been working on this and improving on it but as far as I can tell it may always be a problem. This is vary hard for me to do but I know this will help in the long run thank you for reading. I appreciate your understanding and help in these matters. I am doing my best and if I start to have a problem, please do not hesitate to help remind me of proper boundaries.

Thank you Andy for being brave enough to say something. You aren't the only one in our group either. I've made no secret about the fact that I, too, am a high-functioning autistic. I have improved a great deal thanks in no small part to this very community.

To our fellow players, please be honest and direct, but please also be gentle and patient. We want very much to understand, learn, and grow.

Hey Andy,

You should absolutely be proud of yourself for your courage and strength.

Maybe we'll see you up in our neck in the woods sometime, it would be great to play with you!

Back