My Gypsy Brethren

Von Raven

Artisan
To those Gypsies in the area of Icenia!

Come to Fairdale for the next waymeet! There is grave news for all of us, concerning the Shadow that has fallen upon our people!

--Santangelo Malreaver

--------------------------------

Zantangelo,

Can you pleaze zend me a mizzive about vat iz going on? Due to my two little onez I am unable to travel. Ze are too young for me to leave zem zo I muzt ztay 'ome. I vould like to ztay updated about the on goingz at Fairedale zo. Zank you.

Lanna Rose Draken

Hello, sister!

I tell you about this shadow. Is called Mulenguro. Is the spirit of old king Rohil, who try to contact the father of Rom the first in spirit. In doing so, Rohil lose all his Romani fire, does not wish to sing or dance, anything. Now he is shadow hunting at Romani campfires, sucking dry the Romani spirit if he get too close. Lucky for us, we know that to sing or dance near the family who have this happen to them will return them to normal. But the Mulenguro is hunting for children, now. They enter sleep that they do not wake from, and we must go into their mind and curse, sing, and dance the Mulenguro away from them. Take heed and bring gaje to distract the guardian of the threshold while you do this, va?

All familia, take heed and spread word! Opre Roma!

Da zizter zank you! I vill move my familia and myzelf avay from vere I am. 'ope you all are able to take care ov ziz! Let me know ven the trouble is gone! Ket is alzo telling me about it now zo I vill be in touch. Ztay zafe!

Lanna Rose Draken

Accursed ones,

The name, Rohil, no longer means anything to me, only the fire of your spirit...I will have all of it!

And, Luka, Dear Lady, I will not forget the interference of you and your friends...you stole what I needed, what I craved, what I need to escape the terrible cold of my existence. You and the Rom and all your Rai will suffer at my hands.

You learned of my vulnerability to the Gypsy Curse...well, you are not the only ones who can call upon the Curse.

But I will make this deal with you, a temporary truce: Meet me at the next gathering and we shall strike a bargain that will save all the Rom...especially the children, whose spirits burn bright with delicious warmth!

Until then, I spy another Romani Camp not far off. And they are dancing and singing, but not for long, for I hunger...

The Mulenguro

------------------------------------

I did not know zhat you could speak. Zhis is disconcerting on so many levels.

Poor Shade of Rohil, it is you who are zhe accursed one. Zhat name may mean nothing to you, but it does to me. And it seems to me zhat zhere is a greater remnant of your Rom spirit in you zhan you realize. You are restless, vandering for vhat you crave. You spoke to Luka vith eloquence even as you threatened her. You still crave to be in zhe prescence of familia, zhough it ends in sadness. You crave revenge for your feeling zhat you were wronged. And you speak of a deal. Since you cannot stop zhe hunger vithin you, asking for a truce eizher means zhat, at some level you do not vish to hurt us, or you DO no longer consider us part of you and are trying to trick us- eizher vay, it is hauntingly familiar.

It seems to me zhat zhe only thing you lost was your ability to truly connect with the familia and benefit from our varmth. And so, I pity you, Shade of Rohil, as I pity all who are lost. And I hope zhe answer is... a vay to bring you back.

-Natalia

My sister speak good wisdom. If you wish to become real familia again, if you wish to burn as we burn, then you know that there is nothing we want more than to help you, va? You become one of us and you feel the fire always. (Nobody know this better than me!) The cold, the empty hole, this go away if you become one of us as before. And if you do not hurt the familia, then maybe we help you with this, va?

This is, of course, if this is your wish, to be whole again?

Sweet Sisters!

I shall be at your service in this time of need! You have only to call and the mighty, dashing Santangelo shall come!

Santangelo Malreaver

---------------------------------------
-

Zizterz, Brother,

Be carful ziz comming gazer! Pleaze! Ziz bringz great fear to me. Not only because ov my children, but alzo for you. You're heartz are all tied to ziz az mine iz, but I cannot rizk my children to ziz. I am zafe in Moria now and I will return to Izenia when all iz clear. Pleaze be careful. I zend you my love and 'ope zat you can over come ziz!

Lanna Rose Draken

My Dear Children,

Much has happened since you have taken counsel with me at the last waymeet in the Black Stag Tavern. In all my long years, I have never since the Rom in such dissarry, the clans are a scattered mess! But then, never have the Rom had to deal with the Mulenguro...at least not since the early days of his terror.

I need to speak with you again, since you few seemed to be more in control of yourselves and capable of organizing actions for what needs be done! Where I still a young man...alas, my spirit is willing, but my body...the bones complain and remind me of my old age. But then, it has always been for the young and strong to do what the old cannot. And it is this that I will speak with you soon.

I will meet with you all again in the Black Stag at the next waymeet in the coming weeks.

Till then, my children, dance, sing and stay safe!

Abamano Boboko

-------------------

One more thing, Mi Avas,

We must hold a spirit meet at the next gathering! I'm sure we will find direction thus!

Stay safe in song!

-Abamano Boboko

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abamano Boboko,

I look forward to meeting you. The Draken Clan will be represented at the waymeet.

Ketsuji Utsuro Draken

Ketsuji, my young child!

Wonderful! Wonderful! Unity is our strength! Till then Sing at the Shadows!

--Abamano Boboko

------------------------------------------

I am more than glad to hear that we be able to speak again, Abamano Boboko! And Ket, is very good to know that you be there as well.

-Luka

More and more I find it so important zat I make my way to Fairdale again in a few veeks time. My blood boils to think we must sit in the same room with this monster and talk of peace, but we shall see how this unfolds.

Fates willing, I will be able join all of you to fight this Shadow once more, if not only for the first evening of the gather. Until then, mi familia...

Vis freedom and love,

Larien Lissesul

My children,

The Spirit Meet at the last gathering has profoundly changed everything! It was an honor to stand beside you brave and true Rom and bear witness to both the appearance of Lady Fate and Thessaly, the mother of the clans!

I leave Fairdale, knowing that the future safety of our people are in your capable hands, that you will see to the end of the Curse of the Mulenguuro...and put ole King Rohil to his overdue rest!

While you search for the Cristal Avere Minge of Thessaly and this Cuulanni, Oconus su Zakis, last said to have it's possession--though why Thessaly would give her crystal ball to those mountain prophets, I have no idea--I shall be riding out to find our scattered people and I shall send them back to you, oh, Fairdale's Council of Rom, so that you may help them and re unite the clans!

Stay safe and may Fate and Fortune guide you, Mi Ava's!

Abamano Boboko Valrune

------------------------------

Hehe I like you romani. Good people. Need my help again seek me out.

Abamano,

It iz too bad ve vere not able to meet. I vizh you luck in vat you need to do. I 'ope zat at zome point ve vill be able to meet. I plan on being in Fairedale come ze zaw. Zo maybe you can come again.

May your travelz me zwift and may your heart be merry.

Lanna Rose Draken

Ah, mi ava,

Fate willing, all will be well and I will return to Fairdale...there all of the Rom shall meet and talk of our people and what must next be done!

Abamano Boboko Valrune

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any know if Mulengro has kept word and his side of deal?

Dmitri Abdoujaparaov Draken

Back