My Opinion on Guildmaster Rice

Kyrie

Re: Wanted Necromancer at Large

I agree that each time one chooses to cast Necromancy its dark taint permeates the spirit. Even if it is cast only once or it is not cast for many years – Necromancy has been cast and it can not be uncast. What is important to remember is that Guild Master Simeon Rice believes this as well. Hengin, this is why when you met the Guild Master and wanted to shake his hand he stopped you. He told you that he was Wayside’s official Necromancer – he wanted to make sure that before you even touched him you were aware he was tainted by Necromancy.

Simeon Rice was sanctioned in his study by the Earth Guild and by the former High Regent himself. This means that his use of Necromancy was not illegal. He studied this dark path slowly, in small measures to limit his exposure, to keep his studies from being uncorrupted even as he recognized his spirit must be. Guild Master Rice did not undertake the study of Necromancy for his own power. He did it for all of us. He peered into the shadows for the good of all Wayside – so that we might better combat the evils that this dark magic calls forth.

Simeon Rice is a Good man. We should honor him for the many sacrifices he has made for Wayside, not condemn him.

Well , seem like dhere alway' more ta dhings in dhis Wayside place dhan it look. We talk later bout dhis! I be lookin' forward to it!

-Hisagi Hengin

I jus' dhink a dhis. Ya may be rite bout 'im not break'n dha law o' lan' but like I say ta Eldarion, it are dha law of dha Earth dhat he are not go whit. 'haps he able ta live life like norma' afta be'n punish' but he are still need be punish. For dha Eart' not dha Law of Lan'.

-Hisagi Hengin

Regardless of our personal feelings on the subject, Guildmaster Simeon Rice is wanted for questioning and none save the Magistrate or the High Council have the ability to say otherwise. If there is call for a personal attestation to the Guildmaster's actions in pursuit of Balance, Justice, and the best good for the people of Wayside I too would add my voice, Kyrie. But, it's not our place to thwart the Magistrate. Laws are not meant to be followed only when convenient.

Master Dramthin Hartsboon
Keeper of the Tainted Grove

I said nothing of thwarting our good magistrates or breaking any laws. I was merely stating my opinion on the matter.

-Kyrie

All I'm saying is that sometimes...just sometimes Ive found that sometimes people trip and fall on my sword. Its tragic really, especially when they seem to almost super humanly lunge at me..then pull themselves from my bloodied blade and then almost insane leap forward over and over and over.

I think my Strength 3 Undead Reaver, ya know the one that can parry magic and destroy undead with a mere touch..yeah that one..yeah, I think its cursed, whats more tragic is that its spirit linked to me for another few years. Oh the drama its going to cause Im sure...oh, so is the way of Life, I'll just leave with the burden that undead and necromancers are doomed to fall on my blade.

perhaps a good brew and a pretty lady will ease my mind, speaking of pretty lady..I've not seen Liddia in some time she always seems to capture my very breath almost killing me with her beauty.

Back