My Standing in the Earth Guild..

Saephis

Squire
For matters that thus far, I have attempted to keep these matters silent. I have kept myself silent and kept things, recently, in house. However due to the extreme ignorance, incompetance, dignity, respect, and honor on the part of one Guildmistress Diera Turak.

For letting known to-be murderers walk free once being captured, even after bringing them to the doors of the Lagraetman, failing to turn several of the would-be murderers over to the proper authorities, which you are required to do by law. And you did bring up that the doors, not inside, from what I'm told. So do not try to place the blame on those that work under Enrico a second time.

For failing to take any actions to prevent the would-be murders of children of the town by their parents, Strega Suspected or not. I acknowledge the fact that you did request that I "do a bit of song and dance to say you're reading their weave", however giving false hope is as good as lying. To lie is to lose honor. And I will keep mine. I do agree, though. I very much doubt that they are forms of the Strega. However, whenever the Strega has sought to take the body of any, there's been no advanced warning. So there is no true way of confirming that it will not happen.

You cause, to your knowledge or not, open hostilities between the varying groups of adventurers. While voicing your opinion is a good thing in most cases, voicing an almost zealot-level of opinions is not. And replying to someone who is obviously trying to provoke you is not a good idea. If this continues, you are bringing the town in on matters that are obviously on a personal level only. Which is not fitting for one in your position.

Harboring a innately magical creature, while not a bad thing, has caused harm to both the face of the Earth Guild, the face of the Town, and harm to many of the residents of the town. While I do not pretend to know many of the inner workings of Gryphons, I do recognize the fact that it is causing much strife between members of the town. And the fact that it has openly spat Chaos Magics, while natural for it, is not fitting to be kept openly as a daughter for the head of an Earth guild. Furthermore, pressuring members of the town to make such a creature a citizen draws from the honor of their offices.

Getting members invested in the circle should be first and foremost on the list of things to get done. And while you have gotten another one invested not long ago, that is just another one. One and two at a time does not make a fully-invested guild. Furthermore I am to understand you tell each member that they will be the next to be invested. I find that demanding a Brujo turn over all reagents that they find is completely out of line, and it would not surprise me to find out that you've been gaining such from other members of the guild.

Secondary to running the guild should be keeping the members happy. And to do this, the pay they are promised should be given. Seeking out their pay is not what should have to happen to members of a Guild or any other organization, business or otherwise. You've told me specifically that members are going to have to come to you for their pay. What if they're busy doing their job? Perhaps they're out of town on other matters? Regarding the amount of back pay due, these members should be given their due pay, not have to seek it as if it were treasure, which the adventurers covet so well. We are an Earth Guild, not a band of Earth Casting adventurers.

As far as what type of guild we are, I have been informed by different parties that you've attempted to get members to spy on other members of the guild, along with individuals and groups of adventurers. Again I state, we are an Earth Guild, not a Thieves guild, nor a Rogue's Guild, nor are we a Guild specializing in espionage. The fact that you're attempting to get the younger members of the guild to specifically watch for "anything suspicious" from both Gypsies of Dark Elves. Furthering your obvious racial hatred towards the both of them. To run a guild, one must trust the members it contains to a certain point. And letting them exist without fear of their every action being watched for something to use against them, no matter how miniscule, is not what people join a guild of Healers for.

I'll return to "speaking one's mind", that I mentioned before. A while ago, you docked former Brujo Robert's pay, which he may or may not have ever gotten anyways. Meanwhile, Sentinel Perrin's for arguing with him was not docked publically. And yet you scolded the both of them for arguing publicly. While Perrin may have been docked as well, the fact that half of the punishment was never announced showed favoritism. You scolded one, and not the other. Favorites are not appropriate in a public guild.

And silencing members personal opinions when you flaunt your own around often enough is more hypocrisy than I personally can stand. Demanding that members stay silent on matters and yet speaking your own mind more open than anyone following the Code of the Merchant should is far too much for most. And yes, that was a slightly older point as it regarded your demand to not speak of Snare publicly. It is a point, none the less.

As far as the Code of the Merchant goes, I understand that you've broken it several times while telling each and every one of us to follow it and read it ourselves. Speaking your mind is all well and good, except when you cross point 14 of the Code of the Merchant. It states "Thou shalt at all times exhibit good manners and shalt be polite and attentive." Which you've not done. Furthermore, if you have in fact told each member that they'll be the next to be invested, point 11 will be broken, where it states "Thou shalt remain faithful to thy pledged word". I will remind you, that of your own word "Failure to do so will result in removal from the guild, and possibly prosecution under the laws of Dagliano".

Membership should also be very high on the list of things that concerns the Guild. And while several members have been let in without any questions as to their own reasons for joining, or their intents, or their background, you outright ignore an entire group from membership whether or not you publicly state it. Yes, I do speak of the gypsies. Personal vendettas should not be part of keeping an entire race out of a guild. And the fact that you've made yourself at ends with each and every earth caster of note that they have doesn't help your stance any.

While we're on racial matters, I will bring up two points. I've yet to see you openly help any Dark Elf or Gypsy without being told to by several other individuals. You've shown open disdain for certain members of each race being healed infront of you. Before any decisions were legally made about them. While you stood above them, smirking that they were bleeding out and dying. That I will not stand for. Why do I make my way to those of my own race and a number of others? Because I know that you will avoid healing them. Yes, you heal Kerjal. Yes, you attempted to heal Seth. Yet, you lie again. You claim you have never disdained the healing of any Dark Elf. What of Jarax, then? While there may be some questions about his actions in the recent history, he has yet to be brought up on any charges or even questioned to my knowledge. And when I healed him, you audibly scoffed at it. So do not lie to my face so blatantly.

Regarding stopping the spread of blood tears, instances involving Harlots have been brought to mind. When you've inspected at least one harlot and gave him a clean bill of health, free of blood tears. And the next afternoon, he resurrected because he gave a customer blood tears and the customer's father killed him for it. This lack of professionalism caused two unneeded deaths for sure. That of the Harlot and that of the Customer's Father, I'm sure. How many others have happened? I couldn't say. And, should this be untrue, the head of a Healers Guild should look for things like that openly. Especially when people's entire income revolves around their abilities that could possibly spread the plague of Blood Tears. You never even mentioned it after the incident.

And as far as my own duties within the guild in the past and positions, I never asked for pay in my last position. You offered it.

While I could include several other subjects, I do not wish to dwell on these subjects. While my patience for you may have ended, as yours supposedly has run out on me, I will not silence the voices of others simply because I can. And it is because people have a right to know that I voice my opinion now. You had an opportunity to save face. Now, you're at the mercy of Dreams and those that create them.

As for your being my superior? Try to give me an order. Try to reprimand me.

I quit.

-Eli'Razael'Sahkar

House of the Fallen Swans
Seneshal​

Anazatae
Guardian of the Weave

I am sorry that I have to make this desicion. But it has to happen...

I was happy with the earth guild until everything got out of hand. Some of them are what Eli has already mentioned. I also hate being used as a spy and an errand girl.

But I Quit also.

~Aeris Dimitris

My limited healing is available to any who need it, but I will no longer be associated with the earth guild at this time. I believe the reasons do not need to be restated.

Jenali

It sounds like much has happened inside the Earth Guild while I have been away. Being a freelance healer I never gave the Guild too much attention. When I return I'll heal as many as I can manage.

Zan Featherstone

Eli,

Your words have merit, great merit in deed. Should your words fall on ears of which could effect change in the leadership of the Earth Guild, it is one which I and those of my house will support. Further, you have my pledge of sword to aid in the defense of your house and guild, especially to those whom have need for protection. Should you become the new Guildmaster of the Earth Guild, I offer the services of my house as Sentinels, small though it currently is, until such time as you deem necessary.

Please message me privately, for I have other issues needing to be discussed.

With Honor we Serve,

Robert DiGiondier

Back
Top Bottom