Mystic tattoo

DracoIam

Spellsword
Dose the person activating the scrolled tattoo need the skill read magic? Do they need to be able to cast the level of scroll the tattoo that it is?
Can someone else activate the scrolled tattoo?
How do you document that you have a scroll tattoo? Is it an item tag or written on your card?

The person using the mystic tattoo does not need to have read magic, but would utilize the tattoo as if they were using a magic item with that effect, so either "Activate Spell (strike) <effect>" if they have spell slots of the appropriate level or "Activate <incant>" if they do not.

For Beta purposes, I would attach the tag to the card of the character with the tattoo.

The wording suggests that it is just like a scroll that is attached to someone's skin.

So do light requirements need to be followed?
Am I basically able to make a times ever magic item with a target body for the cost of ability points and crafting materials? Wow

Am I basically able to make a times ever magic item with a target body for the cost of ability points and crafting materials?
essentially, yes, with the exception that it goes away at the end of the event, unlike an enchant.

Wait It only says it goes away if you reserect or until used

We were both wrong, it goes away at the end of the Logistics Period.
That's what I get for not looking.
1654045915553.png

But then that would mean that any Adventuring equipment made expire at the end of the logistics period.

I think this is referencing that your spent abilities points reset at logistics, for example Purchasing the ability to Field Repair at 1st logistics dose not mean you get for 2nd logistics. Similar to how High magic points work.

Right. The first half of the highlighted sentence specifies that it is regarding Crafting Abilities.
In this instance the ability "Mystic Tattoo" would go away at the end of the LP.

I think this part needs some clearer wording as it does not read that way to me.

Which part are you saying needs clearer wording?

I would propose that the duration should be written in the description of Mystic tattoo. the blanket duration statement in the crafting abilities messes with the duration of Adventure equipment and Enhance Equipment (masterwork), and Superiors Equipment.

I would propose that a 5 day duration may be more useable.

That would create a rather significant exception to the existing setup of the rest of the Crafting Abilities.

I have to agree that is very confusing I read it as the mystic tattoo ability allows the caster to inscribe a scroll onto the flesh and when the logistic period is over they lose that ability to do so, but just like as if I made a scroll once it’s made it doesn’t disappear I just can’t make more until the next logistics period.

Back