Mystic Wood Elf Behaviors

Fynwei

Squire
Kevar and I were talking today and thought of something we think might be interesting to have answered...

(a little reasoning/background first) Fynwei grew up amongst humans ("adopted" by a merchant couple), has only met a handful of real MWEs, and is by MWE standards still a child...

The Question: Is the MWE's hate for commands and enslavement something they are born with or learn? And in that case, would a MWE who grew up outside of a clan be able to Break Commands as easy?

It is born with.

The hatred is something intrinsic in the race... think of it as a genetic trait, it is uninfluenced by who raises you or what culture you grow up in.

The break command skill is a racial ability, it wouldn't be harder (higher build cost) to learn, but you can certainly feel free to roleplay that it is not something that you can do with ease.

Unless you have a really good reason (and plot approves) the immense dislike of enslavements and commands is an innate thing for real mystic wood elves.

Then you have Lady Knight Wildescent Nightwolf... who doesn't care if it is a means to an end in the terms of justice, unless it is against the law. But also has an awful lot of break commands because she HATES fae and those stupid fae always try to charm. AND has a slave collar on her neck that she says won't come off. ;)

You will miss out on a bunch of fun roleplay though, people tend to step lightly when planning to do something with enslavements/love/love 9's around us.

Certain racial characteristics are innate, not learned, and the MWE hatred of "control" is one of those things. A MWE raised with dark elves will still have that characteristic.

Remember: races are not what we consider "races" in the mundane world. In the Alliance, races are more like species. A dog raised with cats won't start meowing.

So hoblings are greedy by nature? It's not socially learned?

They're not greedy just self involved! :)

Deadlands said:

Their sideburns tap directly in to the part of the brain that processes the concept of wealth. The fuzzy hairs act like antennae, and can sense any copper, silver, or gold materials in a 25 foot radius.

Deadlands said:

That's actually an example of accidental metagaming.

Only people who are greedy OOG have eny desire to play hobliings.

Its kind of a genetic predisposition.

Like fear of fire.

tieran said:
Deadlands said:

Like fear of fire.

That's an example of bias! Hahah. Hoblings are cool as hell. I have met the best hoblings ever this season, and they are not all wholly greedy! :)

Oh man this thread is going to get all nature vs. nurture on us now isn't it? Quick, kill it now!

tieran said:
Deadlands said:

Like fear of fire.

Ooooooooh, that makes total sense now. Thanks!

I believe it depends on the packet for hoblings..but I know that its supposed to be a passion for something...

So apparently lots of hoblings have a passion for the Shiny!

oooo...shiny :)

-Ali

Aw, man. Don't make my bust my hobling up in this joint.

In Alliance it's inborn. Just like a MWE raised among gypsies would sure, love the gypsies that raised them, but not have the connection to all MWEs that gypsies do with other gypsies.

Fearless Leader said:
When I wrote the packet, I imagined hoblings as half hobbit / half ferengi.

So I guess its time to start busting out the Rules of Acquisition... :)

Dude, were you not there for the freak out smashing of the vials of evil with the hammer of lightnin' smitin'?

Back