Nadja seeks Visions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKitty

Scholar
Nadja enters the room that Zanthia had pointed too shortly after leaving the portal room. She doesn't bother with the door knowing Garridan will close it behind him once he enters.

Gathering a few candles and setting them on a table in the middle of the room, she starts removing her armor, a small smile on her face as she remembers the look on peoples faces when they noted that she was wearing armor this day. Under her armor is her little bag, which she is never without, containing all she needs for her fortune telling work. She takes out her incense, her crystal ball, which is the smaller travel sized one she always carries on her (her larger one still being back at the Breach) and she also takes out her rune stones and scrying tools. Lighting the candles and the incense, she sits down and gets comfortable as she will likely be in this one position for quite some time.

Looking at Garridan, she says "Guard me well Cousin, this trance will be deep and do not worry if it takes awhile as I fear there are such powerful forces in the Breach that I shall have to search long and deeply for answers". With that she holds out her hands over her crystal, clears her mind, calms her breathing and begins.

Garridan steps into the room, silently closing the door behind him as not to distract Nadya from her task. He pulls his armour off, glad to be free of it's restrictions for the time being, trying not to disturb Nadya. He stands near the door, reflecting on the last moment's in Parson's, shaking his head at the situation. He went to aid the king in battle, but he reccalls the king's words, echoing in his head "Garridan! Go! Get the hell outta here!" He sighs at the moment, wishing he had disregarded Masterson's orders, and held off the horde so that the Kings could have made his escape.

Sighing and raising her head, Nadja looks up and waits for her vision to clear some. "Well that is not what I was looking for at all," she mutters, "but it is useful knowledge just the same. I should have someone here to write these down for me." Scanning the room she notices that Garridan is not there, but his armor is piled neatly on a chair nearby and the door is slightly ajar. "Ah, he must have stepped outside." she muses.

"Garridan, cousin, if you can hear me...see if you can scrounge up a scribe from the Fatespinner for me. It seems I may receive more than one important vision and they will need to be recorded so that I might remember them all later and tell the appropriate people." Settling herself once again, Nadja prepares to consult her rune stones for a bit and see what information they might contain for her. "Oh, and cousin, if you could also see to some food and water for us as well that would be good." With that she holds her hands over the runes stones and begins to move them around, every once in awhile picking one out and laying it to the side....with 10 stones chosen she lowers her gaze to them and begins to decipher their symbols to find the story they are telling her. "Well THAT is certainly not a good sign..." she mutters to herself with a very large and weary sigh.

Garridan replies "I'll see what I can find for you cousin" from the other side of the door in the hallway. Garridan grabs the first person he sees walk by and, "Excuse me, Nadya is in need of a scribe, please send one to me ASAP!."

"Yes sir, right away." The young man says to Garridan, then rushes away.

About 10 minutes later, another young human man comes up the hall with a bag stuffed full of parchment, ink and quills. "Hello, I am Eric. You requested a scribe?"

"Hello Eric", Garridan says with a smile. "My cousin Nadya is in this room completing some scrying rituals, to see if we can learn more about the incidents at Parson's Breach and what happened after we were ordered to retreat by his majesty. I need you to record what she says or reports from her visions. Do not disturb her or distract her and just write down whatever it is she repeats, regardless if it sounds unimportant to you at he time. Now please go in and get started" With that Garridan opens the door and ushers Eric into the room.

"Now I need to see about obtaining some food for Nadya" he thinks. "Next page that walks by...."

The smell of food is beginning to fill the complex. An Aspirant can be seen going from door to door on the third level, then scratching something on a peice or parchment he is carrying.

He approaches Garridan, "Excuse me, sir. It is almost time for dinner. Did you wish to join us in the dining hall, or shall I have something sent up for you?"

Please send something up. I'd rather not leave Nadya alone. So please send enough for myself her and the scribe we have inside. And a jug of water as well.

The Aspriant nods while writing everything down. Then moves to the next door, repeating the process.

Within the hour, several others, all wearing the Earthweavers' insignia diplaying various rank, approach with several trays of food and drink.

Quietly, they enter and place the trays on the open space of the large desk the scribe is using, as well a a few smaller tables. Upon inspection, there is enough food for more than three, including the fresh meal and things that will keep for many hours such as apples, bread and cheese. Several pitchers of drink have also been provided including water, wine and mead. They have also left plates, utensils and goblets.

The last to step outside, the same Aspirant pauses and quitely tells Garridan, "If you need anything else, there is always someone posted at the top of the stairs, just around the bend there." He points down the rounded hall. "Just call and they will get whatever you need. Otherwise, someone will come again in the morning." Then shuffles off.

Math tentatively enters the Earth Weaver's Enclave. He shudders as he enters - for despite the differences in architectural style and customs this nation uses it brings back unpleasant memories from his childhood, despite that being over two full centuries ago. Strong emotions well up inside of him... Anger? Sadness? Fear? He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath to attempt to centre himself. These waves of emotions have been coming unexpectedly and powerfully in the last few months - since the red feathers grew in. He's used to being in control and stifling his emotions but that no longer seems possible, they are way too strong to the point of overwhelming.

Giving into regret for an action he took, likely before Zanthia's grandparents were born, Math allowed the feelings to persist rather than stifling them. Tears well up just behind the Biata's eyes wanting to burst forth, however he maintained enough control to keep a calm appearance even though his inner world was in turmoil.

Finally stable enough, barely, to carry on his business, he approached one of the pages in the enclave. "I was told to seek the gypsy, Garridan. Would you please help me locate him?"

"Hello" Replies the Aspirant. "Um, I know we have guests, but I'm not sure where the one you are looking for would be. Just a sec, lemme ask." The Aspirant runs off down the hall and talks to someone, then comes running back. "The Keeper says there are some gypsys on the third floor, but they are not to be disturbed. If you go over there," he points to a large desk down the hall with several people of various race and age milling about, "They can have a message sent up. Excuse me, I have to go to class. Good luck!" He calls running off.

Nadja looks up and sighs in frustration. After days of scrying, using all the tools and techniques in her power, she hasn't been able to discover anything specific or useful on the King or on Az'Caine. "Eric, please put together several messages for me and have them sent off to the proper people."

"Send the following to the Arcane Sanctum, the Fatespinner and Colonel Stormcrest, a separate note to each but with the same information. "My scrying attempts have seen little. On Az'Caine all I have seen is smoke and debris. On the King there is just darkness like shadow. On The Breach itself the land calls out in terror, the very fabric of Nature is being tainted with Necromancy and Evil. Proceed with caution into the Breach. I have seen too that the Satyr Lord appears to have taken his remaining Fey, those still uncorrupted that is, and fled to the Fey Realm, sealing the portal behind them. That is all so far, I shall continue to search and will advise of any new information as it comes to me. Nadja" "

While the young scribe writes, she takes a bite of apple and drinks a glass of water, preparing herself once again to seeks what answers may be available. She decides to look first for information on her Champion as Adruar was away when the Breach fell...she hopes that he has remained safe. Lowering her head and relaxing her shoulders, she calms her breathing and begins scrying once more.

Eric quicky copies the note three times, carefully ensuring they are exact and identical. The then rolls them up and seals them, walks to the door and quietly slips out. He calls for the attendant, who comes running. "Have these sent with all haste to Colonel Stormcrest and whoever is in charge at the Arcane Sanctum." Eric hands over two scrolls. The attendant nods and runs off in search of messengers.

Eric turns and walks to the next door down the hall, then knocks.

Continued in Earthweaver's thread

Glancing up from her table, Nadja wonders who would be visiting her. "Enter" she says

Zanthia hears the call, a little surprised Garridan didn't answer the door, but opens it and steps in, closing the door behind her.

"Nadja, I hope I'm not disturbing you. I got your note."

"Ah Zanthia, it is a pleasure to see you, and no you are not disturbing me. I am seeing nothing at the moment and perhaps a small break will refresh me. You got my note already? That young scribe of your, Eric, is a speedy one! I wish I had better information to provide you with, alas, all I have been able to see is the fear, darkness and evil. My cousin, Garridan, even took a break and stepped outside for some fresher air. LOL Tell me, what have others been up to while I have been doing my scrying?"

A little perplexed, by the Aspirant's words, Math approaches the desk he was directed to. He waits somewhat passively, observing the flow of people milling about to determine if there is an order or structure or line to it and attempts to follow suit. Oddly, the beurocratic structure and nature of the hustling about doesn't annoy him. Instead, it calms him, for the enclave he grew up in being of Biata nature seemed a lot less busy and more streamlined and direct - and the juxtaposition helps him separate his childhood memories from the place he is in now. Then again, humans live for such short moments in time that obviously they have to hurry to get everything done, and yet they create complex structures to try to organize themselves that only seem to waste more time than they save.

When he spots what he believes to be an appropriate time, he says to one of the people attending the desk, "Pardon me, I was told to meet with Garridan here. I was told he might be with the gypsies on the 3rd floor, and that I might be able to send a message from this desk. Would you send a message indicating that Math is here to see him?"

He pauses for a moment, and raising his hand to indicate pause while he tries to remember something, "I.. think he might be with the Gypsy Nadja... last I knew anyways." He has been focused on something else, but somewhat recalls them setting about on business before he left the area where the portal took him.

Zanthia heavies a sigh and drops into a nearby chair. “As you know some of the number from Parson’s Breach came with us here. I do hope the Earthweavers are making use of the guild. I am afraid most of the others have scattered through the city.”

“When we arrived, I sent reports to both Colonel Stormcrest and Magus Rhialto at the Conclave-Penta, but have yet to hear back from either. I’m sure they are making their own preparations, but sometime s I can’t help but feel left out. We’re still the ‘new kid.’”

“As for your visions, I cannot say for sure, but I have a feeling Kara Vale is getting in your way, so to speak.”

“Either way, if we are to return to the Breach, it must be very soon. Then we can learn what has happened to the King and Archmage.”

Just then, there is another knock at the door.

"Ah, that should be lunch!"

The elderly woman behind the desk hears Nadja's name and turns to Math.

"Hello. Yes there is a gypsy with Nadja, and yes they are on the third floor. Those rooms are reserved for the Fatespinner, Masters and VIP guests. The Fatespinner left instructions that the seer is not to be disturbed. We can take a message up if you like." She hands Math a peice of parchment and quill, then turns to call to a boy running by the desk, "Take whatever note this Biata needs up to the guest's room next to the Fatespinner's."

She turns away to answer other's questions.

The boy stands waiting for the note, looking like he has somewhere to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back