Nadja seeks Visions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Math writes quickly, so as not to keep the young human waiting.
"Garridan, this is Math waiting to see you as you requested." He signs the note with his name as well as his personal glyph and mark of his trade.

After giving the ink a moment to dry, he rolls up the parchment and hands it to the young man. "Take this to the male gypsy with Nadja. His name is Garridan. I don't think he knows how to read, so you may have to read it to him. If you can't read, all that is important is that Math, is here to see him." Math also slips the young boy a silver for his trouble.

(OOG - the glyph might be recognizable IG to anyone who bought wares from Math in June or July 'cause I had them drawn on all my bottles before I started using the chapter's phys-reps for consistency and time saved from logistics having to deal with my 'reps. They were also on the white tokens I handed out in June, but permanent marker didn't work so well on plastic. If I can find an image of it I'll attach it to this post. Other than that, it probably wouldn't be recognizable.)

Attachments

• RowanGlyph.jpg
    RowanGlyph.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,199
* geeze, get sick for a day lol*

Garridan returns from the facilities.

The messenger returns from the Conclave-Penta and walks up to desk, passing by Math and the boy waiting for his note. The elderly lady behind the desk takes it from him then calls again to the boy, asking him to take it up to the third floor since he is going there anyway.

The boy takes the note from Math and runs off up the stairs, passing the attendant.

He knocks softly on the door, hears a call to enter from the Fatespinner which he was not expecting, opens it and hands over the two notes.

Zanthia takes both, then dismisses the boy, who runs out the door. She places the one with Garridan's name on the desk, then takes a closer look at her own.

"This is from the Arcance Sanctum." She says as she breaks the seal and opens it, reading quickly.

As the page exits the room, he almost crashes into Garridan who's standing there hand out to open the door. "Whoah there boy" he says, slow down a little, what seems to be the rush."

"Sorry sir! I have duties to get to." He takes a deep breath, "You must be Master Garridan. There's a Biata waiting for you downstairs. I just left a message for you."

"Thank you", he says as he enters the room. He turns to the Fate Spinner and Nadya. I am assuming the letter for me mentions the Biata downstairs, whom I assume to be Math? I have not quite finished my reading lessons, so I will take my leave for a few moments, and head down to chat with him. I will return shortly.

"My dear Zanthia, while I love your company, the note you just received and my cousins appearance reminds me that I have a job to do. This break has been lovely and I feel much refreshed. Please excuse me while I return to my duty of searching for our King. Perhaps my crystal ball will be more cooperative this time around."

Nadja begins to settle herself to resume her search for answers.

"Yes of course. I shall have another scribe sent up for you. If you need anything else, just call for the attendant. There is always one stationed on this floor."

Zanthia rolls up the parchment and quietly slips out the door, closing it behind her. She calls for the attendant and asks for another scribe to be sent up. Eric, if he is available. Then goes back into her own room.

There is another knock at the door and a familliar voice calls from the other side. "Mistress Nadja? It is Eric. Do you need my services again?"

Nadja smiles at the sound of his voice, such a polite young man. "Yes Eric, please come in." she says.

Eric enters the room and quietly closes the door behind him. Resuming his seat behind the desk, he quickly organizes his parchment, quills and ink. "Ready when you are, Mistress."

"The Earth screams in pain and terror. The taint is seeping into the land from evil and corrupted creatures, spirits and power. The power is vast." Nadja shudders and shakes her head to clear it.

"I had to pull away from that vision, it was beginning to feel like it was darkening my own spirit. Eric lad, I am sure you got that written down. See that a copy of that vision reaches all the Elves, Mystic Wood Elves and Dryads who have come from or are returning to Parson's Breach. Also, that earlier vision I had for my Biata friend Isawda, see that he gets a copy of that at some point before he leaves. Send messengers though, I need you to stay with me so that you can continue to write down what I see so that nothing is forgotten or missed. We are in luck Eric, my crystal seems to be having more luck today in seeing."

Out of the corner of her eye, she sees a shape in her crystal, turning towards it and getting closer she sees the figure of a friend, a fellow Romani Seer. "She must have a message" Nadja thinks to herself as she connects fully with her crystal so she can receive the message. After a few moments the vision in the crystal fades and she says to the young scribe, "Eric, send a note to the Fatespinner as well, here is what it is to say:"A message has been given to me by another Seer of the Romani. The Solodyenkin's have scouted the area around the Breach and found some survivors of the attacks. Victor has seen these people safely south to Brightmoor, and continues to scout the countryside for others who have been displaced." Got that?"

Within moments of connecting to her crystal again more images begin to form....

"Darkness....even during daylight, I see shadows as if at night. Something evil lurks just at the edge of my vision, corrupt, fleeting....No! I lost it, the vision goes dim."

Sighing in frustration Nadja shakes her head slightly and gazes into her crystal once more....

Garridan stops to talk with the page on the third floor, "Boy, can you get someone to prepare my pack for travel? I need dried meat, bread and water, and some wine for the road as I believe we will be setting out for Parson's breach again shortly. I do not know if Nadya will be with us but if you could prepare a pack for her as well." He looks off down the hall keeping an eye on the two guards he saw come in with Victoria Masterson, wondering what kind of shenanigans she's up to this time.

Garridan thanks the page, and continues down the hall. He quietly steps into the room as Nadya finishes her latest vision. Nodding at the scribe and Nadya as he enters, he returns to his armour, and starts donning it, knowing that it is time to get prepared.

As Garridan gets ready, he notices a letter in his pocket. (Taken to PM)

After a long pause where she has seen nothing, suddenly Nadja's mind opens to a new vision: "A field of grass, shadowed in darkness, layered in arrogance. Moving now, along a road. There is fire, death...the Earth is hidden, muted....terror in the night inside four walls...wait, something clouds my vision now, pushing me away. It is hard to press forward to see more, to be the fly on the wall of this sight, yet I feel as though cobwebs hold me back.....no! It is lost. I will attempt a different tactic to return to the vision."

Changing positions and re-channelling her energy Nadja pushes harder with her mind: "I see...yes, they are all searching. For...I know not what. It is too cloudy...but for certain every available minion searches for something specific that she wants. Their mistress demands it, and they obey. Curses! The vision has stopped again."

Refusing to give up she sighs in frustration and reaches out once more...putting all of her skill and power into it.....

"She searches...I see her clearly now. Kara Vale...she is searching for something. Lost? No, it is not something she lost, personally. Not something to regain, but to discover. It is hard to tell. Concern? No, worry, I believe on her face. Wait! She found something...I will press forward to see more detail. She holds it in her hand, it is...no, no! How do you see me? I cannot...."

Nadja screams loud enough that many people outside stop what they are doing in fear and alarm. She clutches her head and tosses the crystal ball away from her, weeping in agony, crawling away from where she was positioned moments before. After two torturous heartbeats, Nadja slumps to the ground and falls still.

Eric immediately jumps out of his chair and screams for the attendant, rushing to Nadja's side. The attendant comes bursting through the door.

"Get Zanthia!" Eric yells, the attendant already running out the door.

Zanthia nearly collides with the attendant in the hall. She sees the look on this face as well as the open door and rushes to it.

Eric is cradling Nadja's head on his lap, attempting some spells. Zanthia runs to her side on the floor.

"Nadja! Eric what happened?"

Eric quickly relates the last few moments, which only alarms Zanthia more. By now, several masters have come into the room.

"Get her onto the bed." Zanthia commands. Gently, they lift Nadja's unconcious form onto the large bed in the adjoining chamber. Zanthia focuses her attention and skills on her friend as the Masters issue orders to bring water, medicines, and post extra security.

Garridan stands watching the commotion, worried about what she has seen. He thinks to himself, chances are they got the sword hilt unless the King managed to escape with it. This could be bad. As he has no healing abilities himself he stands out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back