Nadja seeks Visions

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hours of trying everything she knows, Zanthia drops into a chair looking frusterated.

A finely dressed Elf comes to her side. "Zanthia, why don't you go rest? We'll keep watch over her."

"Yes, thank-you, Master Quynn. I've done everything I can tihnk of." She looks out a near by window then jumps out of her chair. "Crap. I should have been at the Conclave-Penta hours ago!"

She turns to leave then turns back to Master Quynn, "Watch her carefully."

"Of course." Quynn replies.

Zanthia rushes out the door to her own room, grabs her cloak and bag and runs out to the carriage that has been waiting.

After weeks of silence, the sudden mumbling of Nadja seems to fill the room. Her words are unintelligible, just random mumbling and strange sounds. Eyes closed and breathing even however, she appears to be deep into unconsciousness still, trapped in whatever prison or plane she has been sent to. At one point during the brief burst of sounds however, her arm raises slightly and points to the bookshelf on the wall of the room before dropping limply back to the bed. Shortly after that the mumbling stops and Nadja returns to her previous state.

Garridan moves over to the bookshelf to examine it's contents. He has not moved from Nadja's side, and stood silent vigil over her throughout her slumber.

As Garridan opens one of the old books he has found on the shelf a strange reddish-purple creature pops into sight before him. About the size of a small housecat, it hovers in the air on tiny wings right in front of his face.

"Yes, what do want, it's been ages since you summoned me....Oh, wait. You're a new guy. Oh great, I suppose I need to explain to you how things work huh? Ok, fine, well listen up Bub. My name is Ziblis. Once a month I will grant you a chance to ask me one question, to which I will give you an answer. To summon me just speak my name and I will appear. One question, one answer, once a month. Blah Blah Blah. Kapeesh? Now do you want to ask a question today or summon me some other day? And hurry up will ya, you’re boring me.”

The little imp crosses his arms and waits for a response.

Greetings Ziblis, I'm Garridan. I think I have a good question for you right now. There's a few things I'd like answers to, but I believe right now the most pressing would be:

How do I wake Nadya from her current condition?

"You? Well YOU can't. You need some friends and very powerful ones at that."

The imp smiles and laughs. "See you next month Garridan!" he says just before disappearing.

"Hmmm", thinks Garridan to himself, " I think my next question will be how does one kill an Imp."

Ever since Nadja fell unconcious, there has always been someone from the guild watching her. At Zanthia's request, Master Quynn, en elf of indeterminate age, has been overseeing Nadja's care and research on how to wake her.

Once again, Master Quynn enters the room. This time she bears a delicate crystal vial with a liquid that almost seems to change colour in the light. Behind her come two others: a human wearing a badge with 4 gems and carrying a large tome; the other a female biata wearing a badge with three gems and carrying several scrolls.

Quynn nods to Garridan as they enter, then the three gather around the bed. The human opens the tome before Quynn to a previously marked page. The biata stands on the other side with the scrolls in hand.

Quynn casts a Circle of Power, then places a few drops of the liquid on Nadja's forehead. Immediately Nadja seems more at ease. She sets the vial on the table by the bed, and begins to read from the book. It is not common, but the words sounds mystical as Quynn speaks them. Nadja begins to stir, then appears to be having a seizure. Quynn races on with the text and holds out her hand into which the biata hands a scroll. Quynn quickly opens it and reads, moving seamlessly from the book to the scoll and back. The seizures seem to have stopped, but Nadja is soaked in sweat.

As Quynn finishes, it is clear the hoped-for result was not acheived. She pauses a moment then places a hand on Nadja's forehead. She wipes away the sweat as the biata hands her another scroll. Reading it, Nadja's distress is taken away and she seems to fall into a deep sleep.

Quynn dismisses the circle and steps towards Garridan and Fredric. "Yet again my attemps have failed to wake her. I fear it will take some time to find the answer." As she speaks the Keeper and Initiate of the Inner Circle collect the book and scrolls and leave the room. Others enter with fresh linens for the bed and deftly change them without distrubing Nadja, then exit just a quickly.

"Master Quynn I am Fredrick it is good to finally meet you all though I wish it was for better reasons.
I am at your diposal for anything that may help Nadja. I don't know if I can be of much help in this matter at this time though. Also the fatespinner said you may be of some help in another matter to witch you have some experance. One of the fighter in Parsons breach was cursed by a warewolf and is in my care as well. How much do you know about the warewolf curse?"

Quynn smiles, "Fredrick, it is good to meet you. I have heard much. Lycanthropy is it? I have studied the subject. If you will accompany me to my study I will tell you what I know."

Quynn then exits the room.

(Continued in another thread)

Ohhh Ziblis I have a question for you when you are free....

through a puff of smoke and the smell of ash and sulfur the small red and purple Imp appears. "What now? Damnit man, I was just in the fey realm and this Impette was ALL OVER ME!! So hurry up and ask, I gotz to get me a piece of that sweet impette!!"

There was no rush, hence my saying when you are free. But anyhow, my question is this: (sent in PM)

and with a puff of smoke the Imp is gone once again.

Nadja bolts upright in bed! Her eyes rolled back into her head. She lets out a silent scream. Only 2 words: ASTRAL... TRAPPED....

Garradin's world closes in around him, filled with blackness.

OOG: You are rendered unconcious.

Throwing open the door, Zanthia sees Nadja fall back onto the bed. She notices Garridan on the floor. Quickly she checks to make sure he is ok, then rushes to Nadja's side.

Moments later, Master Quynn is rushing into the room and after also checking on Garridan, she comes around to the other side of the bed. A look at Zanthia tells Quynn she has suffered no harmful effects.

Both check to make sure Nadja is physically ok.

"Well, Quynn, it appears we have our answer." Zanthia says.

"Yes, it appears so."

Zanthia gives Quynn a questioning look. Quynn nods and Zanthia leaves the room, returning to her own chamber.

scurrying out from under the bed is a VERY confused imp. "How in the Realms did I get back here?" Noticing the woman in the room he looks to her "Hey! Toots! How did you call me back? Yo! You understandy the wordsy coming from my mouthy? BAH! USELESS!!" He hops into Garradin's chest, leans over and slaps him across, the face... HARD. "Alrighty bub! Tik tok! Time to wakey wakey. I'll give ya one more question so I can get the blazes out of here!"

Garradin awakens with a very pissed imp sitting atop his chest, a sore chin and a splitting headache.

Uggh, well that sucked. Garridan says as he looks at the imp. Thinking slowly he tries to form a question he'll get a straight answer to. see PM

Garridan puts his copy of herbal lore down figuring he's got the grasp of the info he's lookingfor. Recalling the vampire and having heard of the commotion at the palace, he thinks to himself he needs to know more about these creatures than what gypsy lore has for him. He decides to call the Imp for his latest question. "Ziblis, when you have a moment, I have a question about vampires." Figuring the imp can hear him anyways he asks, "What can be used to detain or hurt a vampire since mundane and slvered weapons don't seem to have an affect?"

with a puff of smoke and a flash the little Red and Purple imp appears. "Now it's Vampires? Geez. You sure do have problems. Well, the answer ain't cut and dry bub. Vampires are all different. So some may acutally be hurt by silver, some by magic. Kapeesh? Hard to tie up something that can go *POOF*. Now those impettes, they looooove to be tied up lemme tell 'ya!" with a wink and a grin Ziblis disapears in another flash of fire and the smell of smoke hangs in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back