National Event 2014 Favorites!

In order of my scattered brain pulling things up (mostly from newest to oldest...):
  • Todgeshenk! That was an epic, magic-heavy, high intensity fight, and I loved seeing the PCs victorious chanting after killing the Primarch.
  • Farville Castle Tower, Tea Time, and getting to dress up as a 'young' princess.
  • Getting kited as a tiny little spectre in the Eternal Sanctuary's castle.
  • Will-o-wisps
  • RP between PC MWEs and the freed collared MWEs

Getting to see information getting shared freely between the pc's
Activating a spell strike magic storm
Gandian's ritual casting
The yummy food and Sir Chef (Esten) being there
Haggling with people over my bits and bobbles
Teaching some of the new players out of my book
Gandian and Dure'del correcting my spelling
Meeting new people and getting to share ideas
Saturday morning walk and dueling by the lake
Lilly's parlor
Not being recognized because I changed clothes
Getting to use my healing basket
Bribing bob and finding out that my bribe got in the hands of a newer player due to gambling
Selling Fans
Thanks to everyone who made this event possible, it was quite the event to break my 6 month hiatus with, I'm so glad to be back in the states and able to play.

Favorites in no particular order:
  • The final battle of totenshenk was awesome. It was my first time emptying out a caster NPC completely of spells before being taken down! I loved that the PCs were absolutely getting into the ritual nature of it when they killed the primarch.
  • Tasty food stuff as to be expected with Socora & Esten at the helm!
  • The final silly o'clock mod with the drunken roses.
  • The hilarity that ensued when the toymaker brought back 2 rejected toys that the Princess of Farville didn't want. Greg, thanks for getting all dressed up in that pink getup for me! Ryan, thanks for putting up with my silly commands.
  • Interacting as Jack Oreshaper (Orc Shaper, Orc Shaver, Ore Shaver.... I heard a few different versions of my name). I particularly enjoyed talking with Asher & Bob the Blacksmith.
  • Trying to push people through the Undead castle as Jack while dealing with the ritual backlash that hit me. No healing was rough!
  • Tea time was a delight!
  • Taunting PCs as a wererat during the Sunday wave battle.
  • Taunting Nova as the MWE/Shithar who was thrown into the circle. Brent, that was HILARIOUS! "Well, he couldn't get in there before. Huh, guess he can now. Wait, how do we get him out now?"
  • Meeting people from all over the Alliance organization. You guys were great to interact with!
  • Monster camp, you rocked it! Thanks for all the PCs that jumped fence and helped us out.
  • I totally forgot it until someone reminded me. The mod with the Alligators & birds was hoot! The best one was picking off a PC as a bird and stunning both arms and a leg and just pecking at the PC until I was scared off. Then she came rolling down the hill after me! Totally a black knight move there! "I'm not dead yet!"
Now off to deal with my poison ivy and bruised muscles.

Last edited:
The story of this event was wonderful. I know it can be hard to bring all these plans together into one linked plot so well done.

-First and foremost, meeting so many new characters.
-Getting to spar some new players from all over the place.
-Gandian-o-clock (butt shield)

There were a lot of other little things that really were great. Thank you to all the NPCs.

Loved it all. So sore. Much pain. Wow.

-Playing a far different game then I'm used to. Gave me some ideas and I had a blast learning how it's done elsewhere.
-Meeting all kinds of people from all over. This is why I play the game. It's one big dysfunctional family.
-Rolling with the young and old. Stephano kind of sneaks onto everything :)
-Sure princess, we'll help you clean the castle.
-Healed by one elephant
-Everything mind powers.
-The Bat Cave.
-One Night Sand and One Night Sand Again.
-Earth Infection
-All ze time spent wit ze familia
-Being prisoned.
-Facehole.
-Licking the watermelon.
-Toadshank.

There's a lot more and I'll be telling stories of it for a long time. It was a nice clean game and I'd like to further thank all the tireless NPCs for making it awesome, the Plot team for running some great stuff and everyone for making it such a great time.

Huge HUGE kudos to the plot and staff of the event!

Everything seemed to run smoothly, we were kept entertained, the story was amazing, etc.
NPCs - Wow. just. Wow. Everything I met, from snakes and undead, to MWEs and golems, was played beautifully.
Plot - I love you guys. I have never encountered plot actually meant for golems before. Not only was it challenging, it was epicly beautiful and hilarious. Thanks for rolling with our creative solutions.
PCs - I never realized how many people I know from across the country. There was some ridiculously amazing RP, and most of my favorites are based on that RP :)

The upside:
Golem mods!
What happens on golem mod stays on golem mod.
Everything Polare. There is way too much to list.
Debating where to sleep, walking into the only building with ac, being instantly greeted by name and offered a spot :) Made my decision easy.
Stephano. I just met you, yet I spent a ridiculous amount of time with you. How...did you end up on golem finale... and why was I not suprised :p
The undead outpost, golem style.
The vibrating Romani bed.
The awesome Squire Nipples. You really are my right hand.
The fear of imminent crumbling in the Primarch battle. Running like a little girl, and the insane number of people healing/protecting me as I run past them. Seriously felt the love there guys. Thank you SO much.
Learning from Polare. Nova, you are a star. And I don't want to ever EVER go to that dark place again. Scary stuff. Intense RP.
The Princess and her toys. You were all amazing. Acting, costuming, everything.
Tea time (I was in bed when I was informed tea time was in 5 minutes). I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! And then getting there and realizing just how fitting that was.
The lack of treasure headaches. I HATE splitting treasure. For the most part, it was quite smooth.

The downside:
Going home and going back to work :(
Cops in Wisconsin

Well this will be a long one, but please stick with me.

1. First I want to say a MASSIVE thank you to each and every NPC we had over the weekend including players that hopped fence. We had a LOT to do over the weekend and we ran our team hard for all three days.
  2. Next I want to thank Dave G. for hosting the 2014 National Event on a beautiful site! What a find, and thank you for committing the resources and time to make this whole thing happen.
  3. A close follow up is Christina S. and Esten! You two dedicated so much of your time to keeping us fed and hydrated that I can not thank you enough! All of the volunteers in the kitchen as well, y'all rock!
  4. Finally on the thank you's...the Logistic team! Y'all rock, and thank you for working so hard to make sure everyone was ready to kill us!

Favorites, no order:
  • Having the honor of being a Plot member for the 2014 National Event! Certainly not a big commitment or stressful...nope...not at all!
  • Eric Eckelberger (sp?) coming to NPC with dark elf makeup taken off, only to have me tell him we needed were-panthers! Fast forward 2 hours and he is standing in front of me as his dark elf asking about other dark elves in the area...touche good sir....touche. Led to a fun mod LATE at night, was perfect all around!
  • Watching PC's enter the playground that I had written for them, and loving all of the RP that happened within it! Who said MWE's didn't love a chain of command?
  • Meeting all of the great people from all across the continent! (bam, what up Canada!)
  • Playing as Franklin, and actually being a good guy in the end! :D The trial was a perfect cap to the turmoil of the fight before!
  • Getting to see all of the amazing people I miss so much from the Midwest!
  • Riddles!
  • Vengeance...darn you Foss!
  • There are SO many more...I am just to tired to think. I will post more later!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful event, and the honor of being able to run this event for you all! I hope you enjoyed the story, and had a great time!

Much love,
Brent Woodward

THANK YOU STAFF/ FOOD STAFF/ AND SUPER AMAZING INCREDIBLE NPC'S!!! YOU ALL ROCK!

getting to meet so many new players from all over.
teaching other pc's about the dreaded pure lords.
winning a few large pots of dragon poker. thanks!
all things brent, you sir are awesome!
and the person who played morbious, sorry i didnt get/remember your real name.
the mwe fight, thinking i successfully ducked a spell, then catching a death on the top of my head. calling spell shield then dan goes ,"hey rachel you got that other one?"
"what other one?
"a pin hit your shield."
"ohhhh. okay, spell shield on that, then got it," and falling over.
the first journey to the mwe tomb and getting stumped by the riddle, coming back again to solve the others, thenhaving to break for dinner, coming back to talk to brent the mwe cuthbert. nova went "is someone going to take notes?" and i made no volunteering , but then kainen went "Avalon." and the still of the night was broken by "F**k!"
there are so many others favorite moments thanks for making the 28 hour drive worth it. (20hours to ct then 2 hrs to drop off friend then 5 hr drive home. made a n hour longer due to heavy traffic in boston.)

Phew! What a weekend. This was not only my first time crossing the border, but to do so to play with others I've never met AND fully debut my PC? I was overwhelmed, to say the least.

I missed a fair amount of story between volunteering and my own heat exhaustion, but it was still an enjoyable time! The site was lovely! What I did participate in was incredible, and what I heard from the others equally so. Everything was so well written - thank you, Plot! You have inspired me in many ways for my own writing here at home.

I shall echo the many in heaping thanks to the NPC team as well - THANK YOU! As I usually am an NPC in our chapter, I am well aware of the grossly outnumbered, stretched thin and overworked feeling. Yet your all was still in everything, and it was incredibly appreciated. Again, thank you. I am saddened by the fact that I was only able to pitch in for one mod on Sunday. I would have loved to have done more.

Many thanks as well to Christina and Esten, the menu and food were excellent, and the work never-ending. Thank you as well for the generosity you show towards your volunteers. I've never been paid IG for such work before. :)

As for my character's actual favourite moments, I'll have to mention pegging David G. a few times with some rather effective spells. ;) Not hesitating with the Silence to counter your first Chaos Storm in the pitch black of the Moon Pool mod is the one that stands out the most, haha.

Also the final Lycanthrope battle, and standing over Garridan's body in his defense after his 'incident', bellowing at the others wanting to kill him right then to sod off (in less polite language) and focus on the enemy at hand. That whole interaction triggered something in her to do with her backstory that I think will carry back into our game, and bring her closer to certain other characters. I'm excited to see what happens.

The welcoming atmosphere of the other players was heartwarming as well. I'm going to have make it a habit to cross the border at least once a year, looking forward to playing with you all again!

Last edited:
First off I want to say thank you to the Minnesota folks for hosting this event, and for finding a site so large there were many times I ended up in little group conversations on which way it was to wherever we were going.

-Everything about going to Seppakesh in the middle of the night as bogus refuges to witness the ritual sacrifice and the three vs three match of Toeshank. This was arguably one of the most twisted mods I have ever been on.

-Getting to meet and put faces to alot of names I have heard over the years.

-The almost inhuman level of skill it took to cover so much plot with such a limited number of NPC's.

-The NPC's, I had as much fun spending Sunday with you guys in NPC camp as I did PCing. You were all amazing and I hope to see all of you again some day.

-Watching a wiped out Ali beg to play the littlest Skeleton ever.

-Meeting and interacting with the other Dark Elves, definitely one of the highlights of my weekend.

-So many more things and people, it was a great event, and one I am still recovering from. I mean seriously, if the humidity was any higher I could have sucked my water from the air. Though the Air Conditioned cabin did pamper me a bit.

What a weekend. What a crazy, exhausting, amazing, stressful, and rewarding weekend.

Before I can get to favorites, there are some thank you's that have to be said.

THANK YOU to all the NPCs who made this event run. We would have been completely and utterly lost without you. We threw some ridiculous cards at you and NO ONE complained or said it was too hard. Everything we gave you, you took with a smile and a promise to do the best you could, and you did and THEN some. The RP, the mechanics, you all rocked it. Seriously rocked it. I could sing your praises all day. Ali, Dan, Emilynn, Doug, Sarah, Bobby, Teague, Jenna, Cassie, Ryan S., Kyra, Vaughn, Stephen, Greg, and everyone who hopped fence. You all are amazing and I wish I could bake you all cookies or something. :) (And I hope I didn't forget anyone! Call me out if I did, please!)

Dave G., you were a wonderful host and the site was amazing. You always have so many crazy things going on behind the scenes and you do such a great job of handling it all. Thanks!

Christina and Esten, the food was delicious. I never went hungry and you did an excellent job keeping us all fed, hydrated, and healthy throughout the event. Your time and work never goes unappreciated. Love to you and thanks!

Ok, on to favorites!
  • Gilly. Oh my goodness we had no idea how this mod was going to go because so much of it depended on how the PCs reacted. You all were awesome and made me laugh hysterically for the next hour. Sarah, you were such a good sport! Thanks! Interspecies relationships can be difficult. I'm sure Helen will talk things out with Gilly. Lily, Talitha, Socora, Dagmara, and whoever else I'm forgetting was there...I loved your RP.
  • Korma RP. Mobius and Nova, you were amazing to interact with. The Good Cop/Bad Cop approach was pretty awesome. Once we cleared up that I wasn't evil incarnate, I hope I gave Nova some things to think about regarding personal responsibility and the need to remember one's actions can have far spread consequences. I know Nova had an impact on Korma.
  • All things Seppakesh and Toteschenk. The PCs reaction to watching our first intro to the kingdom with the sacrifice and the mini Toteschenk game was EXACTLY what we wanted. My favorite part of the final battle was watching Bobby go sacrifice himself on the fount just as the game started getting ugly. What an evil, evil game. 10 out of 10 would play again.
  • All of the PCs who put up with my horn playing. In reality, I needed to practice for an audition that is coming up. 5 days without the horn on my face is pretty rough, so I figured I may as well try to be entertaining. I'm pretty terrible at improvising and I messed up just about every tune I played, but it was still pretty fun. Now you all know what Kristin does IRL. I have the coolest job ever.
  • Emilynn's Princess Golem. The costume and the tiara were perfect!
  • Bob's Circles of Power during the Undead Castle Siege. Brilliant, sir.
  • The final Adowyth battle with Alex/Saine (Brent/Dan) and Madisson/Nagi (Teauge/Ali). Those were complicated cards and the RP and that went along with it was just fantastic. Sorry we broke you, Nova.
  • Meeting so many wonderful people from across this fine continent. Canada, you were lovely! :) Wish Calgary was closer. Dave D., Eric and Krystal, Dan, Ali... I love knowing we have friends across the country because of this crazy game we play.
  • Seeing old friends from Chicago and SoMN. So good to see everyone again, even just briefly. I loved hearing about your lives and your little ones (congrats again Josh/Kayla and Courtney/Dan!) and just seeing everyone together again. It made me smile.
And, finally....
  • Paige and Brent. You are the two best friends a girl could ask for. I'm even lucky enough to be married to one of you. :) Here's to a successful National Event! :)

I'm still severely fried, but here's a couple:

-ZOMG NPC Camp. Holy mother of...wow. You guys just kept going no matter what was thrown at you. Way to rock it!
- Seeing people I haven't seen in a while. HoG comes to mind the most, as well as the rest of the East Coast gang. Miss you guys
- Golem Stealth mod. Shenanigans. Wonderful crazy shenanigans.
- All of the lowbies chasing down the Alpha. You guys were amazing and super stealthy in a giant wave battle. Way to go :)
- All of the wonderful PCs who hopped fence to help us out. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- The Mystic Wood Elf finale. "Where is my collar?! That was MY Choice!" I <3 you Teauge. I <3 you so much. Crying Nova is a fun-fun time.
- Jesse and Dan. Thank you guys for all of your help and hard work for the last five + days. Every conversation has been super helpful for me.
- Brent and Kristen - thank you guys for being amazing, flexible, open minded and awesome :). You are holy crap amazing!
- Paige. Holy begebous. All of the hats you can wear my friend. Well done on a crazy, crazy holy crap filled weekend.

I'll have more when my brain puts itself back together.

-Ali

I am exhausted and actually still need to pack up for Alliance Seattle tomorrow, so I only have a quick minute to say the most important things.

From where I stood, this event was AMAZING! I happen to know a lot of the hard work that went into it and not only was I thoroughly impressed, I felt truly honored to play the game put forth by such an incredible crew! With the crappy weather and severe lack of NPCs, you pulled together a stellar event!

NPCs.....thank you, thank you, thank you. You know that you make this world come alive for us, right? Many thanks and respect for each and every one of you, particularly those that let me pummel or chat with them. Just amazing!

Canada....seriously! Like, really? You showed up in droves, came early, helped set up, worked tirelessly volunteering, brought ridiculously awesome attitudes, roleplay and enthusiasm, then stayed and helped clean up. I am so unbelievable impressed by each and every one of you! I honestly hope you can make it to a Seattle event and I'll be doing my damndest to come up to a Calgary event. I feel like I've made so many new friends and I miss you already!

As a special shout out! Aaron / Mobius! You were my IG rock, partner, friend, inspiration and champion! From moment one I felt a kinship with you and I can't thank you enough for sharing your time with me! It truly was an honor Sir! See you soon I hope!

MWE Plot: Brent, I just love you. Seriously, love you! Kristin, Korma rocked my ****....it was both necessary and amazing! The RP with you brought me so hard into Nova's mind and heart that she came a little more alive. That was you. You did that. Thank you.

Jesse & Rachel: It was so much fun rolling with Sunderdragon again. I honestly didn't know how much I missed you guys, until we were together again. I can't wait to see you in November and I'm loving you all so much more now! What a blast rolling with you, chatting late into the night, solving problems together and fighting side by side! Rachel, I was a little concerned in that last MWE fight but I think you saved my butt twice! Thank you so much!

Dan Beshers, you have always been my center at Alliance. And you certainly didn't disappoint this time. I can't tell you how helpful you were, particularly in my roughest moment of the weekend. Your kindness, gentleness, friendship, compassion and sincerity just further instilled in me how truly amazing you are! I love you buddy! Can't wait to see you again soon!

Alana & Brian, I had so much fun with you both, but in particular that little lesson of Polare's will ring in Nova for a while. I always love intense RP like that, not often, but it was really great to play with the depth of my character and see where she ends up organically! She learned a lot about herself.....and certain techniques!

Vaughn, you sir, are incredible! Please continue!

I had so much fun with so many people, I can't list them all, but it was a great event and I'm so happy to have played with all of you!

To the Med crew who peeled me off the floor and nursed me back to health after the MWE fight, (sorry for delaying the game and messing up plot everyone else)....Thank you so much! I needed you and you were there. What more could I ask for from my friends! Love you guys, all of you!

And finally, Paige. You amaze me, literally, every day! I wish you knew how I see you. There just aren't any words. And for anyone that knows her, the best part about this awesome Ginger of mine, is that the girl you meet, is the girl you get. Bone deep, she's honest, steady and true! Thank you for all the hard work, stressful nights, difficult decisions, painstaking guidance and unending dedication that you gave for all us to play in this silly little world! You did it babe! Now you get to relax and rest! Let someone else be in charge for a while!

Thanks again everyone! Keep those favorites coming!

Cheers!

It was a blast to see so many different people at one event, especially those that I had met while in Seattle last year! Thanks again to the Plot team for running 5 stories that by Saturday didn't look to be completed, yet they all concluded in a way that made sense. It was a good experience all around.

- Chilling with Shatrevar and Thistle again! I was pumped when I saw your names on the pre-reg and you did not disappoint. I look forward to catching another Seattle game next year with you guys there!
- Chaos Unicorn mod. I loved that we almost TPK'd like 5 times, yet we managed to take him down in the end. 12 PCs vs. 2 NPC fight can be a blast!
-The Eternal Sanctuary Town fight. I really enjoyed the path structure.
- Indirectly backlashing a Ritual! I still got it! Seriously though, a large fang looks exactly like a large yellow flower.
- 6 Dryads, Socora and Shat go on an undead mod.
- Franklin and Asher telling Racial Rumors for 5 minutes. "Did you know, that if you hit a Dryad with an axe, and don't yell Timber, it'll yell in your face?"
- Seeing Marsters and Arsita on the road and they thought I was some BBG--so I had to mess with them a little bit in the dark.
- Hearing Lydia and Foss talk about how to defeat one of my Chicago NPCs...then asking around to others for how to defeat him. I am so boned.
- Various other interactions with Tadron, Foss, Teth,Lone,Polare and others

-Ryan
Asher

Now that all my papercuts have healed, and I'm packing up to head to Seattle, here are some favorites.

Dave G. thanks for giving the time and money to put this event into action, it would not have happened without you.

My plot team, it was a rocky road, but I think you all wrote and ran an event to be proud of. I have rarely seen so much depth and story packed into such a short time, applause to all of you.

NPCs and PC fence hoppers. Wow. Just wow. You dug deep and made me proud every time I asked you for something more. I would run with that crew for life. Seriously, I could not have asked for a better 12 people.

Theater of the mind crafter mod! Thanks for dealing with my wacky story telling, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Playing the Primarch of the mind and arguing with Foss and watching the dark elf reaction. I really do enjoy those times when you can sit down and really dig into some of the meet of the story together.

Jaimi, thanks for being my rock and my prop. Couldn't have done it without you.

Thank you all the PCs for coming to play in our little sandbox!

I'm sure there are more, the event is still a blur, but an amazing blur!

Back