National Event Favorites~!

Finally collecting my thoughts enough to come up with something

--- All things Oasi! It's been a while since we've had some decent numbers. We have a new Spider (Rock on, Amelia!) and Frank's Sand Elf is great. IF things had gone according to plan there would have been 10+ of us, but the more intimate roleplay from just five was amazing. I wish I could have seen Sharazad's interaction with Sophie that Becca mentioned. The desert setting was the next best thing to having an event in our Rab Desert home. We had a Faire day for ourselves but I had to miss it because I was sicker than a dog that day. Anyhoo, the Water Oath from Chancellor Karak was great, we knew exactly what it was about. We never got to see him again once we found out he let someone into our Ward. NEVER break a Water Oath.

--- All thing's Tetsu. Coggin sure rocks the RP. Can't wait for October when Gyps gets to hang with him again. Don't forget your Earth Stick, Justin.

--- Can't be said enough: Dungeon Crawl. Dark, creepy, not being able to see beyond the tip of my sword most of the time. Haven't been there since an old Maryland mod that I told some people about. The only bad thing was the wait for each group to finish. Brian B said "Looked good on paper, but didn't pan out when actually run". Live and learn...for NEXT TIME!!!

--- Fighting Raksasha while trading Vex squad's magic axe back and forth with Wick. If he hadn't forged to a Fighter for the weekend it would have been all me, and my sword arm hurt enough already. Kudos to Tab for the tag teaming.

--- Entering the hourglass with the gathered nobles of every land present to guard our exit. Truly epic.

--- Dryads FTW! Awesome intro for the new race. Can't wait to play one, but I'll need to nix one of my unplayed characters to build it. Grrr! Yes, I'm an RP junkie with alt-itis. Crap, I'll need to make a new chibi avatar for my sig, too. LOL Awesome intro for the new race.

--- Marketplace. Awesome IG atmosphere. The tent outside was interesting, too. Kudos to Bill and Paul for the RP and Paul for the *ahem* special prop.

--- RP from Ruqayyah's rez. I didn't get to hear the full story she told but Amelia did a great job. However, there was so much reference to "Waters of Oasi" that as soon as the rez was over Maria had to run to the port-a-john to pee. LOL I could barely speak by that point having been roaring due to being Feared an unable to get near the fighting, then getting there to find Ruqayyah had died and dissipated already and, of course, more roaring. Kalaji just fought crazy after that. I probably should have gone in with just claws.

--- Of course, meeting all the great players from across the country that I only know from these forums. Can't wait to see you all again. Hopefully on your turf as well as ours.

The National Event was hard to write. I am glad that people had a good time. I don't think I need to say that Larp events don't always go as planned. They take on a life of their own. It was a true pleasure being able to write and collaborate which such fine people as Paul, Matt, Renee and Gary, though certainly there were alot of other people which contributed and made it all happen.

Scott, Dee, Mike V and Eric were gracious enough to host us at the Faire-play Site. The new staircase, private rooms, privacy wall and the way we were able to set-up the basement module area easily lended itself to good larping. I am constantly amazed at how the Site keeps improving, I appreciate the amount of love that goes into a project like this. As this was also the site of the Symposium it was convienant that so many owners, gms and staff members from all across the Alliance were already on-site early.

Alex, Jessica, Chazz, Matt, Jesse, Bill, JP and Henry are awesome people who each provide real experience behind monster desk, with rules, as encounter heads and as experienced Alliance Larpers. These people each contributed when they were needed and helped manage the decent number of NPCs which we had. Know that it was more than appreciated.

Scott E from Ohio is a miracle. He is a creative genius who is industrious and very highly talented. Between the Hourglass, the Maze, the sewing and not to mention playing key-parts of the long weekend. I am glad to have had the priviledge of working with you and look forward to doing it again; you are a life-saver.

It was a real pleasure to meet Mike from San Fransico. One really nice guy, I have decided that I will find a way to play his chapter because of the dedication that he has to game. The coasts of America don't seperate our game, no matter what the gas prices or personal cost. In a volunteer organization this is most admirable.

Tim is my personal hero for making all the Scorpion Shields last minute. I can not say how much that rocked. It inspires me to see someone put that much effort forward: all weekend.

Kelsey scares me, she is that good of a role-player. I love that feeling. Some kind of mixed feeling of rage, dread and pity. Be it as the Kuani (Blue-skinned Elves) or as the speaker of the Rakshasa, just interacting with her was like soul-searching. Good Stuff.

Meeker and Rocky were awesome-sauce. Gotta love those no-good Karid, thanks for taking the plot and running. You guys cracked me up in the Dungeon Crawl.

Samara looked amazing (as always) as her Child of Autumn, I can already see it. Makes me want to play one as a PC. Looking forward to having these guys incorporated into the Alliance mythology.

Everyone else in NPC camp were truly good-sports and seemed like they had alot of fun. I would have any of you cloned if it were ethical.

Joy is my hero for acting as EMT. I was a little worried because I didn't see any of our usual people. When I was enlightened as to your talents, it was refreshing; like it's okay go have a good time.

I had alot of fun role-playing with Elryion and Cymryc. You guys made me feel like a million bucks.

The Donations for the event were fantastic, I could not ask for more. The Arabian/Middle Eastern Setting is not one that is phys-repped on large-scale commonly on the east coast. I was impressed with the way alot of the NPCs looked. It didn't hurt to have such creative people trying to pull it off without causing any offense or harping on any political agendas.

The costuming on the PC side was really good too. Truly impressive in many cases. Nothing improves the game as much as pride in the way we all appear. I am looking forward to seeing some photos.

Please Email me if you had any problems, questions or grievances about the National Event. I am a pretty fair guy, I don't bite and I won't disclose anything outside sources that need to know. flatdog13 at yahoo dot com, I don't like seeing F's on events that I run, I hope that it was worth it.

All said I hope that eveyone had a good time.

-Brian Bender

Yea both making an account and joining the group are very easy 5 minute things to do. Then you can see all the awesomeness! :D

Along with Brians thanks I want to echo his thansk for all the folk's who made this event possible, PCs, NPCs, Plot, Logistics, Monster Desk, Marshals, Fairplay Folks, as well as Rep builders for the event.

Specific thansk go out to Josh Clark, Joy Nelson.

Joy was our Panda Scavie/ EMT and gave great professional care to the few minor scrapes and bumps I am thankfull to have her at my chapter as our head of safety and was glad she volunteered for this one.

Josh Clark is my go to weapons man, he fired off about 20 reps last minute for the event including the shiek's artifacts and very short notice. Josh your workmanship rocks my socks off and I loved those shorties for my Rackshawsa.

Favorites:

The opening scenes... where Brian's NPC called me out to make a speech without warning me about it... I about turned purple in and out of game... I wanted to shout out " Craftsman Other Diplomat 20" before speaking but went for it adressing a lot of people I didn't know in the dark. It was a good time seeing all the NPC and PC nobles out and about.

The water oaths and carefull wording to get into the wards. The look on some of the peoples face as I tasted water and proclaimed to "taste their world"... I saw some gulps there.

Bill's Aasaniamay Merchant with the "Hookah"... It came off great and had a lot fo RP for a lot fo folks. I was sad to hear that my leaving caused the plotline to be ended prematurely as I had asked some of the other marshals/npcs/plot to take on the last portion of that plot arch.

Kelsey's Kuani... never been so glad to have such a great RPer do a part... it created a lot of good debate.

The PCs and NPCs costuming- Everyone went all out here... and it showed.

The PCs pretending surrender was amazing-

Overall you guys put a great foot forward in forging stronger bonds between the chapters and need to aplaud yourselves.

Thanks,

Paul

Telokh_Amdo said:
Awesome intro for the new race. Can't wait to play one, but I'll need to nix one of my unplayed characters to build it.
Not. Donatien. You're playing him. I have spoken.

Duke Frost said:
"Devil "F**kers". 'nuff said.
This entered my head and wouldn't leave until I wrote it down. So here's a poem to commemorate the incident:

In Pennsylvania, Sunday night,
we'd just finished up a fight.
Logistics came and we did wonder
where to go to sate our hunger.

Before we could go on our way,
two hicks came in a Chevrolet.
Shocked, we stood, completely in awe
as they cursed at all they saw.

Of us present, one and all
heard those rednecks and their call.
They implied (or so we gleaned)
we copulated with a fiend.

Did this dismay miss Kelsey? No!
I guess that it just goes to show
while she may be thin and runty,
you should never mess with Bundty.

With crafty eyes and upturned lips,
she raised the horns and thrust her hips.
Thus responding to the truckers
who dared call us "devil fuckers."

Not great, but for the first poem that I've written in 9 years, it's not too horrible.

My favorites from the event:

Brian B, Mike SF, Matt B, Mike, Rocky, Pat, Scott K, Dee, Jess, Renee, Matt, Cymric, Tonya, Rob, Tab, Will, Andrea, Engler, Shane and everyone else who NPC'd with me or interacted with the few RP roles I went out as-- it was ridiculous fun. I know I'm forgetting a lot of people but I'm still a little hazy on what actually happened during the entire symposium-to-national blur. :)

Good plot, good friends, good times. What more could ya want? :)

Unfortunately I missed as much of this event as I played, but overall I had an amazing time. Everywhere I looked PCs were engaged, people were RPing their little heinies off, and we were all so darn confused about what was happening we didn't know which was was up or down. Fantastic culture, especially for a bubble event!

Did NPC camp shut down, you say? All I know is that somehow, I always had a cup of hot tea at 5am when I needed it... even if it DID have caffeine in it. ;) Thanks Chazz/Inmi!

There were several guys this weekend that, well, kicked my *** all over the field of battle and then back again. Matt, Lupi, Bobo and Jesse H... y'all have inspired me to actually start practicing with swords again. Awesome fighting!

Kelsey, I can't talk enough about how great you were. Every one of your roles was well-drawn and rounded into a complete character. Way to go, you're an NPCing machine of brilliance!

It was so amazing to see people again that I started playing this game with, and watching my old friends and my new friends working and playing together. The games from different regions do have very unique flavors, but hey - I like neapolitan ice cream as much as the next girl! Y'all managed to blend it all together and make it work, and it created a really amazing IG/OOG experience for me to see everybody coming together like that.

As always, the Hunt is a blast to roll with. Finally getting to spend some time with Phaedre and Drenton was sweet, you guys rock hard! And PCing with Lauren as Loriah was, well, sexy OOG and at the least very interesting IG. Melody, your rez broke my barbar's heart - she owes you a rez sometime in the near future..

Obadiah, I'm just wow on that character. We may butt heads on some issues, but Morganne sure does have a lot of respect for him and his opinion.. not to mention that she's always diggin' people that are eager to die in battle instead of bed.

Sophie, Sophie, Sophie. I kinda wanna go head-to-head with her just to see what happens, but Morganne likes her too darn much. Choices, choices.

Scott, you cracked me up and creeped me out all weekend. Great work! Sheikh Alfu just didn't know what he was getting himself into...

Brian Bender, you're amazing. I really hope we'll have the chance to work together sometime in the future, cuz your plotty evilness is just inspiring. Thanks for not handing it to us when we screwed up - for good or bad, I appreciate very little more than knowing that what we do really does effect the game world.

Oddly enough, the ride home totally rates for me. I haven't laughed that much in a LONG time - great getting to know you guys better! Nothing like walking away from an event feeling like you've made new friends.

I can't list more people, cuz honestly I'll just go through all the folks that were there and describe their individual awesomeness. Thanks to everyone for making this more than just a silly game for geeks.. sure the game is fun, but it's the people that make it worthwhile.

XO
Christina

Back