Nationals 2016 Favorites

I had so much fun NPCing with people from all those other chapters, and I was extremely excited to meet the other Canadians (which technically made this Internationals). I particularly enjoyed running the egg and pirate lair cards.

My brief time PCing was exciting as well. I went out, dropped off the message I had been given, and said hi to a couple of friends that were present, but then I realized I had nothing to do as Del and I saw a group of PCs going for a lair card I knew I needed to be the one to set up, so I started heading back to monster camp. Except, on my way, I came across Coin and his companions (Dallas' character and another gentleman I do not remember the name of) and one of them Waylaid me! I had to send word to monster camp that I'd be about ten minutes late.

I wasn't expecting anything to happen with Del at (Inter)Nationals, and instead I got a fun story and some great roleplay. It made for a hilarious introduction for Del and Dallas' character when I went in as her to eat dinner, and it lead to some fun conversations with Coin and Tal-Harath. Unfortunately Del is too much of a softy to actually try and seek any revenge (even though I was tempted to go and return the favour via sleep gas).

Friends don't let friends get Waylaid!

What an event.

- Slice being Love 9'ed. Uh Oh, Shenanigans.
- Getting to spit in tongues at Krieger.
- Girls Night Out. Hoping this is a continuing trend.
- All of the props. All of them. Holy jeez they all looked amazing.
- "Can I hold your hand, Miss Death Dragon?" "Uh. Sure."
- "Valor. Hard White. Both Mods." "WHUT?!" Good job Queenie and Emily :D
- That NPC Camp though. Holy Yes.
- Dragon(s). All three of them. Crazy, crazy prop making machines.
- Dinner Party for 15. I have wanted to write the Alliance "Evil League of Evil." For a long time, and this event made it come to fruition. Booyah!
- Denver and Calgary. I love you guys :)
- OH MAN THERE'S A MASSAGE TABLE ON THE WAY BACK TO NPC CAMP? DO YOU GUYS NEED ME? NO? GREAT!
- Zero Gravity Chairs
- Aelin Mor Makeup on. Aelin Mor Makeup Off. Aelin Mor Makeup on...Aelin Mor makeup off...wax on...wax off...wax on...
- Mortala's relationship with the Highwayman, "You know, it's been millenia, and you're still -terrible- at your job."
- Seeing the look on player's faces when Silence came out the front door of the Tavern. Epic epic epic.
- That Sunday fight; holy man I thought I was going to fall over. And I wasn't even the packet chucker. Props to Paige for that long arm.
- Family Portrait, and quiet family time. Looking forward to July Maelstrom and Grumpy Old Cat.
- Seeing characters who have come into their own while I've been gone. This was fantastic.

Thank you guys so much for a wonderful event :)

-Ali

- "Valor. Hard White. Both Mods." "WHUT?!"

Running up to the Valor mods just in time, seeing how BIG the group was for the lowbies... And how small it was in comparison for the highbies... AND realizing my super broken jack character was the healer.

Valor... Live hard, die young.

Back