Nationals Weather

Klinjaa

It is MN and the weather can be erratic up here this time of the year. It's a ways out yet, but the early predictions for the Nationals event are looking quite pleasant!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...3.34041739934275&site=all&smap=1#.U_tMDqPr3rT

• A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 73. East northeast wind around 5 mph.
  • Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 60. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming west southwest after midnight.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 78. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming north northeast in the afternoon.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. East southeast wind around 5 mph.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

How's the mosquito situation in them thar parts?

It's our state bird... That being said, I haven't been to the site yet to see. However, the last month has been pretty dry up until this past weekend. In Minneapolis the mosquitoes have thrived. So, there could be a fresh batch of them out just in time for Nationals. Bring/buy repellant to be safe.

Last edited:
I'm in Sault Ste. Marie, MI, we're always prepared for mosquitos. But it doesn't hurt to check. :)

We got drenched with three days of heavy rain this past weekend. Expect and plan for high mosquito levels as a result. Deep Woods OFF! is a standard for players here.

Also, it's a very humid heat so bring extra sets of clothes for sleeping and playing! You will get sweaty even just sitting around in this heat. Not as bad as the South/Florida, but close if that works as a reference.

Actually, the site is in SE Minnesota which is not only "river" country but is also big on limestone caves.

What this means to all of you is a very low mosquito rate.

"River" country, instead of "lake" country, means fast moving waters which is not conducive to mosquito breeding.

Then you have the limestone caves which are the home to the Small Brown Bats. These little guys will eat up to 1,000 bugs a night. Which tends to make short work of any insect population that tries to live there.

I tell you this with great enthusiasm. I love to go camping in this part of the state more than anywhere else. Between the scenic terrain and the lack of bugs, you can't find a better camping area. :)

Hope this helps.

Low mosquitos, but still plenty of ticks, including dear ticks. Remember to check your self when you shower.

And in typical MN fashion, we are now looking at a good chance of thunderstorms all weekend. I swear, I knocked on wood after I posted this thread initially. :)

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...3.34041739934275&site=all&smap=1#.U_82MKPr3rT

• Friday A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. Southwest wind around 5 mph.
  • Friday Night A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. North wind around 5 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
  • Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. North northeast wind around 5 mph.
  • Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 64. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
  • Sunday A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 81. South wind 5 to 15 mph.
  • Sunday Night Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
  • Labor Day Showers and thunderstorms likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 76. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Everyone thank Paul.

We're just bringing a bit of Rainside to MN with us.

No Thank you - please leave it at home - we don't need any "Rainside" :p

Back