Need a ride to the weekend event

Alex319

Artisan
I still need a ride to the weekend event.

I live in Fort Collins and work in Loveland. I can get off work around 4:15 PM. There are a few possibilities:

- I can be picked up at work basically any time after 4:15.
- I can be picked up at my home, in Fort Collins. This will have to be 5:30 or later.
- I can take a bus down to Longmont, and be picked up in Longmont. That may be closer to being on the way to the site. I will be able to get to Longmont around 5:30; I would probably want to get a bite to eat there and get picked up around 6:00 or later.

I would be willing to pay for your gas if you would be able to pick me up at any of those places, and also if you could drop me off in Fort Collins on the way home.

I might be able to assist if no one else can. Best pickup location would be Longmont. I live out by DEN Airport, I think
it's about a 6 to 10 minute deviation for my drive, but also right along I-25 at Rush Hour, so that could mess with arrival
times. I'm also not the only person in my group, so that could cause some issues. I'll talk it out with them and see if we
can make this work. Only other thing would be music selection, kinda been jamming to the FFXIV sound tracks lately, but
could change to anything else. I request no Country, but past that it's more then likely fair game. Car has Bluetooth, Aux
line-in and USB so I can accommodate most forms of music storage, except all forms of tape storage. :nerd:

Take care,
Klandaghi

I'm unavailable to offer a ride to or from the event this weekend. That being said, by coincidence, I'm picking someone up at DIA at noon on Friday. Alex, what time were you thinking of taking that shuttle in? I might be able to grab you from the airport and drop you at a location where it's easier to meet Klandaghi, or another ride.

I realize noon is wicked early, but I thought I'd put that out there since I'll be at the airport anyway. I'll be heading from the airport to the Interlocken area in Broomfield.

Trace

Hey Trace,

Are you offering to try to get him to a location closer to the airport for pickup before hand? Or pick him up from that area after
dropping your friend off after the event? Trying to get a feel for how this would go down. I work in the DTC and don't get out of
work till 4:30pm Friday. So it would be about 5:00pm at best when I got home to be able to head that way. Putting arrival at
Longmont on a good day with no traffic around 6:00-6:30pm. From there it wouldn't be too much more to get to the site, placing
us there I'm guessing between 7:00pm and 7:30pm . Home would be a lot of driving as that's an extra 1.5 hours north for me to
then head back. If I'm needed for that leg, I can do it, though I'd prefer if someone else could assist in some way if possible for
the trip home. Any takers?

Thanks,
Klan

I am picking someone up at DIA at noon on Friday. Then I'm going back to the Interlocken area in Broomfield immediately thereafter. If perchance Alex can take an early airport shuttle to be at DIA by noon, I could pick him and take him to Broomfield. From there, either I could drop him at a park 'n' ride to meet Klandaghi somewhere more convenient - OR - Alex could chill at Flatirons Mall, maybe, or go to a movie or something. That's right on 36 which Klandaghi might end up taking on the way to the site anyway.

It'd make for an early morning and long, boring afternoon for Alex, I realize -- but like I said, figured I'd throw this out there just in case it's palatable.

Trace

I have to work on Friday, so I wouldn't be able to go to DIA at noon.

But there might have been some confusion about what I had posted before. I can get to Longmont by myself. So if Klandaghi can pick me up in Longmont, then I don't need anyone else to take me anywhere else.

The idea I had before about going to DIA, that I posted on facebook, I think is unnecessary. The only reason I had suggested going to DIA was because I hadn't checked the map and I had assumed the site was closer to Denver.

Klandaghi, do you have a cell phone number or email address so we can keep in contact?

Hey Alex319,

In light of the event being cancelled, did you want to try to make it to the Party Saturday night? If I can manage
the roads to your area between now and tomorrow's start of Party, I'd be willing to let you crash at my place if you
like (I have 1 cat, allergy warning) either tonight, tomorrow night, or both, if you wanted to. Or I could drive you
back to your place. Given that we have more time before the event I'm willing to make the drive and you could
save money on the bus. Your call, just wanted to put it on the table. I'd like to be back in the Westminster area
around 3:00pm to work with my band to get ready for the event.

*** EDIT ***

So I'm hearing that I-25 North of Longmont is closed and it may be difficult to get up that way. I'll see what, if
anything can be worked out.

*** EDIT ***

Let me know,
~Klandaghi

Back