Need info on races/classes please

I have been running boffer battle games in my hometown for family and friends for about four years, but only within the past year have I looked into outside games. After much deliberation, I became the most interested in Alliance LARP. I intend to bring a band of about four guys into the game once the others are all old enough, but I need a little more info on it, especially the races and classes. I don't need anybody to violate any copyright laws, I just need a summary of what each species pros/cons are and what the expectations for in game costume and roleplaying are for each one. I would also like something similar for the classes and possibly a bit of info on the game system itself, though not too in depth, just a summary will do. I know a few of you will probably just tell me to buy the book but I'm sort of poor at the moment so that's not really an option for me.

Please to all and thank you to those who respond. :)

Yeah, sorry, I'm going to say buy the book, too! ;)

You can download a copy for about $5. Come on, if you can't afford that, how can you afford to travel to one of our games and pay the admission fee? The book is huge, has lots of pictures and charts, and goes into great detail about all of the rules and roleplaying requirements we have. It includes many advice chapters as well.

$5? I can afford that! I apologize, I only saw the hardcopy for $20 plus whatever the player's guide would cost. Like I said, I intend to actually get into the game later once I can bring my buddies, and by then I'll have some money. Until then I just want to get ready: Make weapons and a costume, flesh out my character, etc.

I apologize for my newbiness, and will attempt to rectify it.

*Bows apologetically*

By the way, would Fearless Leader happen to be Michael...um.. V-something? Sorry I don't remember the whole thing.

*Bows apologetically again*

Your name... right there in your sig... *facepalm*

I think I'll just go beg for money until I can afford the one with pictures.

And, it comes in all kinds of formats for PCs, bookreaders, handheld devices (phones, Palm, etc) and pads -- so choose your format and get the eBook. You won't be sorry, I promise.

As long as you get the PDF, you'll have all the charts and photos from the downloadable version -- but the other versions are text only.

Not sure about the kindle version. Anyone know?

The kindle version is text only (at least the one I got for my iphone). It's not very helpful without the charts and such :-(

Scott

I'd check, but I'm too busy reading Axes of Evil on my kindle app!

Scott

What, THIS book?

axesofevil.jpg

Available in paperback for only $14.99 and for Kindle for $4.79? The one that takes place in Fortannis and deals with barbarians, goblins, biata and Duke Frost? That book?
;)

Back