Neighborhood Issues

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks,

After the last gathering, we had a few complaints about people speeding in our neighborhood. All of the complaints seem to stem from people who make a right at the church and then use that entrance that takes you up and over the hill and then back down. One sort-of-neighbor actually got in his car and followed one of you to see where you wound up! Another accused us of contributing to the washboards...

These are private roads not owned by the county and as you know they are in rough shape. Politically speaking, in our area, they are a hot button for all who live out here.

Here is what I'd like to do to make sure that we stay in good terms with all of our distant neighbors here:

1. Make a LEFT at the church and use this less populated road instead.

2. Go SLOW. Speed limit is 25 but there are some curvy areas that require a slow down to about 10mph.

3. I am starting a donation drive to donate to the road maintenance here. I am willing to offer 25GS: $1 until August 10th. That is just 10 days away! I will be going to a local meeting and want to present a check there to road maintenance to help with the situation. Paypal it over and write in the notes field- Road repair donation!

See you soon!

Jesse

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesse, I think you meant to say August not April

What email should it be paypaled to?

Can a map of the directions be posted so I can make sure I'm going the correct way?

Yssenia, the donation one. Owner@
Ken - Yuppers!
Tayl, it already is posted on the website. Just don't follow the alternate directions listed.
David- Crud... yeah, August 10th! lol Which incidentally is my birthday! lol

Google Maps also by default takes you the way that Jesse has asked us to drive.

Reactions: Kix
Related but different issue-
Jesse,
I'm sure this has been talked about at opening or something, but since I'm always getting there late...
is there a way, maybe with streamers/signs or something, to clearly mark your property boundaries? I don't want to wander off your property and trespass on your neighbors during my flower collecting walks. I don't think the West edge (aka howling woods) is too big a deal, but during my last walk along the East and South edges, it seemed I was on your property (as I found said flowers!) but came relatively close (maybe 100ft??) to your neighbor's house/trailer to the East, and the house on top of the hill. Thanks!
#Walktheline

James

I have a few stakes already planted with neon yellow/green paint on top of them.
My south edge is the street on Apache Rd (upper).
East is marked with 3 stakes atm. If you come to the rock outcropping, I own half of it. If you are on the road, stop at the barbed wire tree. If you are closer to the lot, stop about 10 yards before you come to the powerline above you. (or see the stake nearby).

I will try to add more stakes between now and then.

Back