new drow

Creagan

hello. im thinking of joining the group in the next year but find myself a little unhappy with the amount of info on my chosen race, the dark elf. if anyone can help me with the chapters dark elf culture, current houses, settlements ect, i would be grateful

Hi Creagan!

I do not know if Plot has yet seen this, but I will alert them to it.

Take this with a grain of salt, because I do not play a drow, but they currently reside on the island of Pessic. I believe their culture is ruled by women. There is more I am sure, another good source to check is the national race packet: http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/national-race-packets.16480/

I would happily answer any other questions for you! I might also suggest, if you are able, to stop out at one (or all) our events this year and NPC. That way you can get a little familiar with the rule system, magic, weapons, players, get some credit (called Goblin Points), and actually start accruing experience for your character.

-Cory

thank you. this helps a bit. the packet goes into some details but not enough to make me satisfied.

Hello Creagan,

I am a member of the plot team and Cory did alert me to your request. We have not had a dark elf play in quite some time so the information is not as up to date as it should be. That being said I will try to gather it for you as soon as possible. I hear you have been chatting with Dave and Amy as well so hopefully that has helped answer some of your questions :). I will get on that information gathering quickly for you :). Hope to see you at game soon.

Christopher

on being the only current dark elf: thats kinda awesome. makes me unique. on playing a drow: ive already got my charry together. i just need to buy the outfit and airbrush makeup. i refuse to do this half way. besides ill do a better makeup that is thinner and with water proof makeup it won't disintegrate :D

Long story short;

Creatures from another plane called Reapers invade our plane and made it a battlefield for an artifact that was called the stone of creation. Reapers captured valuable targets and killed the rest. Pessic unfortunately was sacked by the Reapers and most the hoblings that survived to be captured were never seen again. The few surviving seen have been in the Barbarian Warlords camp making alchemy.

As to why the Dark Elves left their homeland, is unknown for certain. Pessic is certainly a better location being an island a mouth of a port and moves them from being neighbors with the Barbarian Warlords. There was even underground tunnels, though recently collapsed, believe to have been used by the Dark Elves to get from their old homeland to Pessic.

Also between the whole Reaper invasion and defeat and until recently, adventurers were wisked forward 200 years in time and during that time, the world had no magic or adventurers.

If you want my advice on being new to the game, having a robust character history is great. But, keep in mind that your character will come in at 1st level. So you'll want to avoid too much. Since it doesn't make a ton of sense to be a war hero, or deadly assassin, or any of that kind of jazz.

Your history is far less important then the history you'll make in game.

i have a simple one about being a soldier tasked with taking care of outsiders. he looses his sister and leaves to find those responsible for her death. what i truly meant though was that i needed a world history update. the character history update will come after. where can i find the history books?

Heh, that is just last season with the Reapers. We are still discovering things and if you play a Dark Elf, you could end up helping shape some of that. I know some adventurers have made contact with the Dark Elves. Most kingdoms/races are become focused solely on themselves and protecting their own. There is a lot of new information and no race really knows or trusts the other right now.

Chris (who posted above and is not Chris Thetford, but an awesome guy none the less) posted very valuable advice. A character history should be more about shaping your views, personality, and provide a sense of character. (Which also sounds like your on the right direction).

Again, having an event this weekend. Should come check it out.

anyone coming from traverse city itself who plans on leaving saterday night?

Back