New Epic Death Policy

Dar Beltaine

Artisan
Greetings All,

Below is a new LCO Policy we are introducing to Alliance NH. Please read the policy and post here with any questions or feel free to ask me or any staff member at the event.

Enjoy!

~Jaimi

Epic Death Policy, (LCO)
Alliance NH Deadlands
October 14, 2009

The purpose of this NH LCO Epic Death Policy is to allow a player to insure a more customized and dramatic death for a character’s permanent demise.

With this policy the Player is allowed to purchase for 500 Gobbies an “Epic Death” for a character of their choosing. The process for enacting this policy and all requirements are listed below. Should a player fail to follow the below requirements the Epic Death may be denied to the player and the Gobbies will be considered used.

Please Note: This policy in NO WAY reverses the permanent death of a character. It is intended solely to enhance the permanent death of said character.

Requirements:

- A Player must purchase the Epic Death for 500 Gobbies.

- The Player’s character must be Home Based in the Alliance NH Chapter

- The Player must have a valid character history submitted to and approved by the plot team one month prior to the use of the Epic Death

- Once activated upon the permanent death of the character, the Player is considered an NPC and must not in any way disclose the pending permanent death of the character to any other players or characters, in-game or out of game.

- The player must not dramatically alter the plot in any way by taking actions the character wouldn’t normally take, or by giving out their belongings, etc. For all intents and purposes, the character must act as normal, as if they had resurrected successfully.

How It Works:

- When a character resurrects and pulls from the bag of chance, if they pull the “Death Stone” and are consequently now permanently dead, they must inform the Healer’s Guildmaster, (or whoever is handling the resurrection logistically out of game), that they would like to use their Epic Death. The Guildmaster will then immediately inform the plot team of this. Both the Player and the Guildmaster must keep this information private and by no means are they allowed to inform other players of the use of the Epic Death.

- Once the plot team has been informed, the player and Guildmaster will now finish the resurrection process as if the character resurrected successfully. The player must act as they normally would had they resurrected successfully.

- From the moment the “Death Stone” is pulled, the character is now considered an NPC. Any attempt on the Player’s part to abuse or misuse this policy will result in a permanent death scenario of the plot teams choosing that will Not be Epic.

- The player will now continue to play the character as they normally would until the plot team provides an Epic scenario that will lead to the character’s permanent demise. The plot team will ensure that the player knows when this scenario will either take place, or what to look for. The player will not be informed of all details, to add to the epic flavor of the death. The Epic Death will most likely take place prior to the next logistics period, however, No Later than the end of the current event.

- The player must then “allow” or “sacrifice” the character to whatever Epic Death Scenario the plot team provides for them, based on the Player’s character history. The Player will not have say in what happens during the Epic Death. (Remember, this is a privilege!)

- Once the Epic Death Scenario is completed, the Player may be requested to go through the Resurrection process as normal, however the bag of chance will be stacked with 10 “Death Stones”. No matter the outcome of the Epic Death Scenario, the character will permanently die at the current event as per the original failed resurrection.

Notes:

- If a player purchases an Epic Death for a character and that character permanently dies in a manner that the player is happy with, the player may choose to apply the Epic Death to another character, provided that character meets the same requirements stated above. There will be no additional charge to transfer the Epic Death.

- The purpose of this policy is to provide a more customized means of death for a character. To that end, the player must remember this is a privilege and therefore may be revoked should the above requirements not be met.

- Secrecy in regards to when an Epic Death is activated is of the utmost importance. We don’t want players activating their Epic Death and while waiting for the scenario to play out, give out their items and possessions, or telling that big bad NPC all about the towns plans, etc. In doing so, the character will be permanently killed in a far less than Epic manner and the Epic Death will be considered used.

Disclaimers:·

- This policy may be removed from the Alliance NH Chapter at any time, should it be that any issues caused to the game or the Alliance Rules System outweighs the intention of the policy.

- This policy in NO WAY reverses the permanent death of a character. It is intended solely to enhance the permanent death of said character.

After consideration, we lowered the price.

~Gary

wow that is really cool!

Duke Frost said:
That or a regen ;)

This was the topic of my guild's chat on WOW for a while the other night. Sadly, Wynn had access to several full Regenerate sets and gave them all away over the years. He was generous and gave freely to everyone. Stupid Code. :(

Shane said:
Duke Frost said:
That or a regen ;)

This was the topic of my guild's chat on WOW for a while the other night. Sadly, Wynn had access to several full Regenerate sets and gave them all away over the years. He was generous and gave freely to everyone. Stupid Code. :(

I know, wtf. He's the only PC knight I've ever heard of, in the history of the game who gave up not just one, but several opportunities to get a regen. Granted I don't know everyone, so no offense if someone else did. The only way I was ever going to get a magic sword in his hands was through plot, through which he certainly earned it, and by spirit linking it to him. Heaven knows he never would have built one on his own, since every time he came across anything of value he pretty much used it to feed the starving masses, or to keep his friend alive.

And that is why it sucks to lose the character. He was cut from a different cloth.

Gary

Wynn is Dead?

Man Have I been out of touch.

I mourn his passing (IG) understand it (OOG I think) and will miss his singing in the tavern should I return to the Hollow.

Brent

AKA Sheverin
Once Cardagahan Blackmoore of The Hollow

Sounds Like a cool policy Proffs

Back